Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV from November 15th to 21th

Grimmas

Charlotte can't have a conversation about Reid without tearing up uncontrollably. While it is completely understandable in the Vince and Kevin Dunn world of sticking to the script it just makes for terrible timing.

Who knows what's true and what isn't, but it seemed like the tearing up was coached, like she was told to pause for effect and show some emotion.

I think it was real just based on how odd the entire thing came off. She did seem pretty shaken up a few minutes before she even started talking about Reid. And when it looked like she was about to lose it, she backed away and continued cutting her promo with her back to the camera, a big no-no in WWE. Seemed like a combination of things, she's an emotional Flair so she was all choked-up about getting the main event slot on Raw, she's not that type of a promo yet so she was getting emotional about tripping up, then you just add the Reid situation on top of all that and it was a recipe for disaster. I don't think she was forced to do this segment or anything, but they really needed some controls in place to move this thing along in the event of it flying off the rails.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it was coached, but the overall ambiance of the segment somehow took real emotion and made it look like bad acting. Didn't help that Paige was all over the place and seemed to be lacking any real motivation going from point to point in her promo which made everything she said, and the reactions to them, seem both desperate and totally inauthentic, despite the real life gravity of the Reid comment.

Not to mention it's a match that I don't think anyone, anywhere cares about. I'm not seeing the support for Charlotte from the live crowds. If anything, the fans seem to like Paige more, even if she is supposed to be the heel. If this was their solution to get people to cheer Charlotte and boo Paige, I don't think it's gonna work. As has been mentioned earlier in the thread as well, how many people even knew who the hell they were referencing? It just wasn't worth it.

If just feels like WWE doesn't care about Survivor Series at all this year & it really showed, to me, on the shows. Even with the Seth injury unexpectedly happening.

So what is the Survivor Series Card?

Anything announced other than

Roman Reigns v. Alberto Del Rio

Dean Ambrose v. Kevin Owens

Paige v. Charlotte

Bray Wyatt/Partner v. Undertaker/Kane

World Title Finals?

The specific wording of the Brothers of Destruction-Wyatt hype segment- "Two members of the Wyatt Family that Bray chooses" - makes me think that Bray might not be a participant and that the program may not quite be over at Survivor Series.

Sure, there's a babyface character in there...but I think (hope) WWE is wise enough to see there's little reason to turn him anytime soon. Taker was a face less than 2 years after his debut and made a ton of money for Vince in that role and he was literally death incarnate. Bray will be a face one day and probably a fairly popular one considering his entrance, if you've been in attendance for it, is one of the best/funnest parts of a live event and that he routinely gets cheered in his matches.

Did anyone catch a supposed picture someone snapped from the SD taping tonight? The pic I saw on Facebook, which may or may not have been real, showed a truly awful attendance - like almost TNA level. Curious if anyone else saw it.

Did anyone catch a supposed picture someone snapped from the SD taping tonight? The pic I saw on Facebook, which may or may not have been real, showed a truly awful attendance - like almost TNA level. Curious if anyone else saw it.

EDIT - Ugh, can't post the pic for some reason. But wow. Looks like the pic was taken during the opening segment, and there is literally one person sitting in the risers hard camera side.

The good news there is that he will never be pushed as the top babyface, but the #1 heel spot is wide open right now, and they have typically been a little bit more willing to make someone their top heel even if they don't see them at that level.

Too bad Cesaro is more suited to be a babyface. He has a higher ceiling as far as potential goes as a babyface than he would as a heel. Vince doesn't think he is a star, and typically Vince has to believe in someone being a star in order to be a #1 heel. Who was their last top level heel that didn't really have that star power? JBL ten years ago maybe?

No, they see Rollins as a star. He might not have been booked strongly as the champion but they wouldn't have devoted so much time in featuring him on TV and in special events if they didn't believe in him It feels like this was basically his ttial championship run, much like CM Punk's first title reign where he was booked pretty similarly (fluke champions that everyone is waiting for the other shoe to drop and losing the title back to a "real" main eventer".