Pro Wrestling Only

NXT talk

Woof

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WrestlingInc.com: Triple H Says Some Talent Might Stay In NXT Without Going To WWE Main Roster

Sounds like he's talking about Kassius Ohno, who wouldn't work on the main roster and shouldn't ever get called up IMO.

For all of the hype Chris Hero gets around these parts, he's shown me absolutely nothing in NXT.

But this isn't an anti-Hero post. There are actually practical examples too. People like Tyler Breeze andĀ Apollo Crews would've been better off staying in NXT.

On 1/10/2019 at 8:24 PM, sek69 said:

Doesn't it seem weird that it appears Lacey Evans was the only one on the current list of callups to not get the usual NXT send off?

Well she was the only true heel in the list of call ups.Ā  Ā I can't remember the last time a heel got one of those big time send offs.Ā Ā 

So I guess we will put the NXT UK Takeover talk here today.Ā Ā 

Tyler Bate is so damn strong.Ā  Have no issue with Gibson & Drake winning the tag title since I don't know if all of British Strong Style should have the belts

Holy fuck they are already doing the teacher vs student match with Finn Balor vs Jordan DevlinĀ 

Probably in the minority but Toni Storm winning the title over Rhea Ripley is bullshit.Ā  Rhea has been one of the hottest women on the NXT brand.Ā  But I guess you have to put the belt on her if she is winning the Mae Young Classic

Ā 

On 1/11/2019 at 5:43 PM, C.S. said:

WrestlingInc.com: Triple H Says Some Talent Might Stay In NXT Without Going To WWE Main Roster

Sounds like he's talking about Kassius Ohno, who wouldn't work on the main roster and shouldn't ever get called up IMO.

For all of the hype Chris Hero gets around these parts, he's shown me absolutely nothing in NXT.

But this isn't an anti-Hero post. There are actually practical examples too. People like Tyler Breeze andĀ Apollo Crews would've been better off staying in NXT.

Gargano definitely strikes me as a guy who will always be in NXT.

7 hours ago, hammerva said:

Probably in the minority but Toni Storm winning the title over Rhea Ripley is bullshit.Ā  Rhea has been one of the hottest women on the NXT brand.Ā  But I guess you have to put the belt on her if she is winning the Mae Young Classic

Ā 

Ā 

I can see that. But with Kay Lee Ray signed there's no need for Rhea in terms of lead NXT UK lead heel female.

Main office NXT/WWE is very high on Rhea. Her dropping the UK belt while abrupt is likely the best for her in the long run.

2 hours ago, Zoo Enthusiast said:

Gargano definitely strikes me as a guy who will always be in NXT.

Or at least a guy who should stay in NXT, I don't see him as a guy who would ever get a fair chance on the main roster unless maybe on 205 Live (if that counts).Ā 

Rhea dropping the belt like that maybe a sign she's going to get moved to US NXT perhaps?

14 hours ago, donsem43 said:

So Rhea out,Ā Kay Lee Ray, Jazzy Gabert, and Viper in?

I wonder since Triple H keeps talking about NXT being a third brand do they specifically keep the ex-indie, big name guys in NXT and try to directly go after the same audience that AEW is likely to have.

That's an interesting theory, and not that far-fetched when you think about it. AEW's product will be more catered to NXT's target audience than WWE so this is where AEW could really hurt WWE specifically.

Am I the only one who foresees Rhea Ripley being involved in the NXT Women's Championship match at NXT Takeover on Wrestlemania Weekend?

15 hours ago, Matt D said:

Someone tell me if I should check out the UK show. The alternative is probably watching a bunch of Chic Cullen matches.

I quite enjoyed it.Ā  It wasn't an all time classic, but I liked the show. I've never watched an entire episode of the NXT UK show, but I had no problem getting into it.Ā  I got the impression that the Tag Team Championship finals and the Main Event were both trying very hard to be "epic" matches, they were both long, slow build match matches with a ton of false finishes.Ā  I don't think either of them accomplished what they were trying to do, but both were solid matches and bless them for trying.Ā  I enjoyed the overall feel of the show, I loved the venue and the crowd was insanely hot.Ā 

The only thing I actively disliked was the ridiculous WWE camera work, with a million cut shots, needless zooming in and out and switching angles every second for no reason.Ā  Having watched the IMPACT PPV last weekend and the NXT UK show this weekend, the difference in camera work was glaring.Ā  Just because you can afford to have seven cameras and can jump between shots multiple times a minute, it doesn't mean you should, or that you have to.Ā  When it comes to production at that level, sometimes less really is more.

On 1/13/2019 at 1:55 PM, The Thread Killer said:

I quite enjoyed it.Ā  It wasn't an all time classic, but I liked the show. I've never watched an entire episode of the NXT UK show, but I had no problem getting into it.Ā  I got the impression that the Tag Team Championship finals and the Main Event were both trying very hard to be "epic" matches, they were both long, slow build match matches with a ton of false finishes.Ā  I don't think either of them accomplished what they were trying to do, but both were solid matches and bless them for trying.Ā  I enjoyed the overall feel of the show, I loved the venue and the crowd was insanely hot.Ā 

The only thing I actively disliked was the ridiculous WWE camera work, with a million cut shots, needless zooming in and out and switching angles every second for no reason.Ā  Having watched the IMPACT PPV last weekend and the NXT UK show this weekend, the difference in camera work was glaring.Ā  Just because you can afford to have seven cameras and can jump between shots multiple times a minute, it doesn't mean you should, or that you have to.Ā  When it comes to production at that level, sometimes less really is more.

Ā 

I had the same reaction to Wrestle Kingdom. It's amazing how refreshing it to watch something without the cut away shots and angle change every 5 seconds and to actually have some different angles used.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

Read some of yesterday's taping spoilers and I am very interested in this Bugenhagen fellow.Ā 

If he doesn't suck in the ring he can be a big deal.

He's a really nice guy and extremely liked by the roster and management. Was signed a while ago but had a number of setbacks due to concussion issues.

Being over with the Full Sail crowd/likened to Mojo Rawley is a bit of a kiss of death main roster wise.Ā 

But he's great relative to what he is.Ā 

He seems to have a better gimmick than what Mojo initially had, so even if he doesn't move up the card, in the hypothetical situation he goes to the main roster, he's capable of having a bigger shelf life IMO.

Metal musclehead who air guitars his way to the ring and does Rick Rude-esque posedowns/arm wrestling matches within matches is some fun stuff.

Well, if that's true, it's ridiculous. I admit I was in awe of Walter vs PCO, but that was also the very first Walter match I've ever seen, and the resurgence of PCO came from such nowheres that it was amazing to see as a spectacle. But that being said, this is as stupid as the worst excess of garbage wrestling. The Kobashi vs Sasaki chop war was great because it was unique. Working stiff chop sequencesĀ for big match purpose in the right context telling the right storyĀ : good.Ā This is just bullshit and completely idiotic. I can only picture some old timers shaking their head at this, and they would be right in that case. Give me a 50 year old Jeff Jarrett punch or a great current acrobatic flippy sequence over this, which requires no talent nor ability, just someone stupid enough to take it and wear it with "pride".

(it's a very spontaneous reaction to that disgusting pic BTW)

I dunno, El-P. Chop sequences nowadays are overdone, yes, but WALTER is such an absurdly strong chopper that if paired against someone like Ilja Dragunov, it can generate an incredible dramatic effect with minimal effort. WALTER is dangerous enough that his chop, a basic wrestling strike, is lethal. You put over the monster as someone who can beat you down with the simples of moves, and the babyface comeback is also put over nicely because the monster heel is that big of a badass.

Besides, like it was said - it's ONE chop. Not many can do that, and I'm not even sure if that is just about hitting as hard as you can.