Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the Honorable Mention List, Part 3

Grimmas

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think that since Jimmy has taken full responsibility of the Triple H ranking, in case he makes it into the top 100, she should be asked to watch every Hunter promo and main event from 2003 for introspection.

I am also curious where Shawn will end up. I am now thinking it is increasingly likely he cracks the top 30.

Speaking of all three, I am doing what some could consider my penance by watching all of the Undertaker matches again. (Although clearly not really a punishment for me)

But if Hunter survives the night, I am happy to self-flagellate with any Hunter promo or match you please. It's only right.

Hardy's a guy I need to give a post project rewatch, People I Trust seem to rate him. In real time I found him as ugly to watch as Edge.

Matt Hardy's run after his Edge feud on Smackdown is one of the most impressive feats in WWE history.

Here's a guy that looked and sounded like a total dork, and he was kinda exposed even more so during the Edge feud. So after that feud they just let him wrestle decent length matches nearly every week and he kept getting more and more over without talking or character development. He was just that good match guy, and he probably had the best matches on TV anywhere during that period. And that's before he made MVP in that tremendous feud. Also if you get to watch him live it's a whole other experience because he plays to the back in a really beautiful way that not many on the roster can do without seeming totally ludicrous. He's not the total package by any means but based on just wreslting ability Matt Hardy was pretty fucking amazing for a good length of time.

I did find the dorkiness, bow legs and the all round look quite off putting, in the same way Kevin Owens critics dislike him. Aside from the punch I didn't care for his offence at the time. But he's with Finlay and Benoit as WWE guys from that period I need to rewatch.

Right, I was the same way. BUT his strength was in great storytelling and it won me over. I was really impressed with how good he was at protecting himself when putting over the flavor of the month. He could make guys look dangerous and strong while at the same time coming out just as hot as he went in. It wasn't just in the finish but how he sold to get sympathy and keep it even after a loss.

Scorpio made my list, Jae. Some of the guys Grimmas has been unveiling the past few days were guys on my short list that at the end of the day, I just could not find a spot for. Buzz Sawyer and Eddie Gilbert I felt really bad about leaving off my list but as I was working through and going higher and higher up, I couldn't justify putting those guys so high up.

My lucha guys are dropping like flies.

I hope it's not Buddy Rose, as I have a feeling the ballots he made it on (including my own) probably have him mostly in the Top 25.

I'm actually surprised Brody's average vote wasn't lower. Brody over Sabu bothers me more than it probably should.

Up until the last week I knew the vast majority of voters. Would be interesting to know after this is all said and done how radical the shift in placement that last week was for certain guys though that may be impossible to get at.

Smothers and Hardy falling sucks but they landed right around where I expected them too. Terry falling hurts more because of the DOA nature of Lucha as a whole in the final results.

I think 141 will be Colon