Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the Honorable Mention List, Part 3

Grimmas

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno...finding a guy boring as shit seems a perfectly valid complaint to make. I find quite a few guys boring as shit and honestly there aren't many places to go to explain it further other than "it's boring when he does this, does that"...

It does not engage or entertain. It's boring.

I'm as long-winded as anyone but sometimes few words are needed.

I think someone said it on a podcast, but there is no one I can think of that I DON'T want to see face Necro Butcher.

Mark Henry vs Necro Butcher - Yes Please

Scott Steiner vs Necro Butcher - Oh my god... YES!

Giant Baba vs Necro Butcher - The gods were cruel for denying us this joy

Verne Gagne vs Necro Butcher - WHY NOT?!

Necro Butcher vs MS-1 - That one isn't even funny it is just amazing sounding.

HHH vs Necro Buthcer - I'd pay for that!

So much fun.

Lets just transport Necro to peak Memphis and Continental. Life isnt fair.

Omg YES!

Necro in BattlARTS, ECW, and Puerto Rico in '98-2000. Assuming that the footage would be available. That's an easy one, though. Necro as a lucha brawler speaks for itself, but I can never get past him in PR.

I think someone said it on a podcast, but there is no one I can think of that I DON'T want to see face Necro Butcher.

Mark Henry vs Necro Butcher - Yes Please

Scott Steiner vs Necro Butcher - Oh my god... YES!

Giant Baba vs Necro Butcher - The gods were cruel for denying us this joy

Verne Gagne vs Necro Butcher - WHY NOT?!

Necro Butcher vs MS-1 - That one isn't even funny it is just amazing sounding.

HHH vs Necro Buthcer - I'd pay for that!

So much fun.

Lets just transport Necro to peak Memphis and Continental. Life isnt fair.

Omg YES!

Necro in BattlARTS, ECW, and Puerto Rico in '98-2000. Assuming that the footage would be available. That's an easy one, though. Necro as a lucha brawler speaks for itself, but I can never get past him in PR.

I was just thinking that as I read. Necro in PR would be outstanding. Necro vs Sangre Chicana has been on my dream match list, but Necro in some of those bloody PR brawls (of which I really have a relatively limited knowledge) would be AMAZING. Necro/Colon vs The Sheephearders.

I dunno...finding a guy boring as shit seems a perfectly valid complaint to make. I find quite a few guys boring as shit and honestly there aren't many places to go to explain it further other than "it's boring when he does this, does that"...

It's boring as shit when people make these kind of posts that defend one sentence posts that shit on a wrestler instead of encouraging further critical evaluation, even if it is just a way of paraphrasing why someone finds a wrestler boring as shit. It's a message board for crying out loud. Discussion is the whole point of it. And let's not pretend this would be the general (maybe it would still be yours) tone if we were discussing a worker the PWO hivemind (which the results have amusingly enough transcended so far) deemed great.

La Fiera is a guy that I regret not putting on my list. He would definitely make it if I redid it today.

Right now I think I've lost only 6 guys.

YAMATO

Akira Tozawa

Shingo Takagi

Super Dragon

Mocho Cota

Austin Aries

Andre and Dragon Gate guys made my list.

I had Andre at 53. I feel that's where he's going to land both for selfish reasons and as a good guesstimate considering his work in recent years has been revelatory to some. I know that until I had done the show with Steven there was absolutely no way I would have had him on the list, even with the Hansen match.

It's boring as shit when people make these kind of posts that defend one sentence posts that shit on a wrestler instead of encouraging further critical evaluation, even if it is just a way of paraphrasing why someone finds a wrestler boring as shit. It's a message board for crying out loud. Discussion is the whole point of it. And let's not pretend this would be the general (maybe it would still be yours) tone if we were discussing a worker the PWO hivemind (which the results have amusingly enough transcended so far) deemed great.

Oh Christ, not this hive mind bullshit again.

Okada is also a boring little shit.

I get the point that it's not exactly conducive to lengthy debate, but my point is that if someone finds a guy boring as shit (Inoki in this case, but really whoever) what more do you expect them to say exactly? As far as complaints go it's a pretty self-evident one, and a personal one. You can't force yourself to not find something boring if it bores you. And I don't think there's really a way to delve into it much more than that. It's like saying the opposite like "I get a kick out of this guy" or whatever. Sometimes you don't know why. He's just exciting. And sometimes they're just boring.

On the hivemind shit, I dunno. I think Parv is nuts for shitting on Rey and whatever but I have no problem with him saying something like "I find flippydoes like Rey boring as shit". That's how he feels. Everybody finds something boring, I guarantee it.

Again, I get that it's not good for debate, but not everything is. If all someone wants to say about Inoki is that he's boring, then fair enough. Move on to someone who wants to debate specifics.

We get it, you like a certain tradition of NJ shooty workers.

Jimmy likes Randy Orton and Sheamus.

Matt likes Andre the Giant in 1989

Chad likes Prince Devitt and Al Perez

Steven thinks Bret Hart is the 5th best worker of all time

Dylan loves The Hardy Boyz and ECW

Johnny thinks the WWE haven't put a foot wrong since the Montreal screw job

Could go on and on.

The idea of a hive mind has been debunked a lot of times.

By the way, someone calling me out for calling Inoki boring, because it doesn't lead to discussion is hilarious when the person just made a one sentence statement about how they will freak out if Inoki is below Okada and Triple H.

I didn't call you out mate. I asked you to defend your position because I was interested in it. And the supposed "calling you out" would have happened after you replied twice to me. Come on. And also saying I think wrestler x has more worth than two others is completely different than saying something specific about one wrestler in particular.

To Jimmy:

Sure, if he doesn't want to go further than that no one's going to force him to. But he hasn't even replied yet and you're already defending that hypothetical scenario. I'd say it's in our interest as a community to get people to go further than that as often as possible.

By the way, someone calling me out for calling Inoki boring, because it doesn't lead to discussion is hilarious when the person just made a one sentence statement about how they will freak out if Inoki is below Okada and Triple H.

I didn't call you out mate. I asked you to defend your position because I was interested in it. And the supposed "calling you out" would have happened after you replied twice to me. Come on. And also saying I think wrestler x has more worth than two others is completely different than saying something specific about one wrestler in particular.

To Jimmy:

Sure, if he doesn't want to go further than that no one's going to force him to. But he hasn't even replied yet and you're already defending that hypothetical scenario. I'd say it's in our interest as a community to get people to go further than that as often as possible.

Sorry, not going to watch Inoki to actually come out with evidence. No desire to ever watch Inoki again.

Johnny thinks the WWE haven't put a foot wrong since the Montreal screw job.

That's not even remotely true, dum dum.

Johnny thinks the WWE haven't put a foot wrong since the Montreal screw job.

That's not even remotely true, dum dum.

last thumbs down or in the middle WWE show?