Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the Honorable Mention List, Part 3

Grimmas

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know, all things considered, how different is top heel no-selling suplexing motherfuckers Scott Steiner from late era WCW from Brock Lesnar since his return, when it only comes to the in-ring. I mean, I think Lesnar has been slightly better, but outside of some small things, I don't see anything 2015 Brock Lesnar is doing that 1998 Scott Steiner couldn't do. Now, maybe he _wouldn't_ take certain bumps Brock does because Brock is a madman, but since a lot of people believe Brock's latest run has been awesome, Scotty's late WCW run is almost at the same level.

Brody, Luger, HHH

Who can predict the correct order they will fall? My money is on that order with only HHH making the 100 and single-handedly invalidating the entire project in a hilarious fashion.

They will probably fall in that order, if I had to guess. Sorry Parv, I may even have them that way on my ballot.

I dunno...finding a guy boring as shit seems a perfectly valid complaint to make. I find quite a few guys boring as shit and honestly there aren't many places to go to explain it further other than "it's boring when he does this, does that"...

It does not engage or entertain. It's boring.

I'm as long-winded as anyone but sometimes few words are needed.

It's boring as shit when people make these kind of posts that defend one sentence posts that shit on a wrestler instead of encouraging further critical evaluation, even if it is just a way of paraphrasing why someone finds a wrestler boring as shit. It's a message board for crying out loud. Discussion is the whole point of it. And let's not pretend this would be the general (maybe it would still be yours) tone if we were discussing a worker the PWO hivemind (which the results have amusingly enough transcended so far) deemed great.

I was with you on your arguments in this thread until the "hivemind" part. That's nonsense and you should know better.

My biggest regret thus far was not ranking MS-1 like 25 spots higher.

This was a huge day of guys falling off my list:

MS-1, Gran Hamada, Mocho Cota, Kazuo Yamazaki, Yoshiaki Yatsu, Michael Hayes, La Fiera, and Fuerza.

I had only lost 5 until today. Way harsh guys. Way harsh.

MS-1, Gran Hamada, Mocho Cota, Kazuo Yamazaki, Yoshiaki Yatsu, Michael Hayes, La Fiera, and Fuerza.

I think I went from 4 to 14 soldiers down.

I do think Yatsu has probably been part of more all-time great matches than any other guy who has fallen and he's the one that came out of nowhere for me as the names were coming out.

Like him ranking below Hase (for example) is a surprise to me. Maybe I'm just super-duper high on Yatsu but he soared heights that most guys, even those who will likely finish top 20 overall, can only dream of.

I think I went from 4 to 14 soldiers down.

I do think Yatsu has probably been part of more all-time great matches than any other guy who has fallen and he's the one that came out of nowhere for me as the names were coming out.

Like him ranking below Hase (for example) is a surprise to me. Maybe I'm just super-duper high on Yatsu but he soared heights that most guys, even those who will likely finish top 20 overall, can only dream of.

I view Yatsu as basically the Japanese Bobby Eaton. About as great of a tag worker in that setting as you're going to get. Incredibly explosive offensive wrestler. I was shocked watching the AJ set how good Yatsu was through the end of the decade because the book on him used to be that he fell off pretty quickly after 86. The book was wrong! I loved the Jumbo team and the team with Choshu did really well on my tag ballot. 83-89 as a really great worker is nothing to sneeze at.

I wonder where Yatsu might have ended up with just a few really blow away singles matches other than the Takada segment of the gauntlet. Personal sidenote, I went through about a 7-8ish year period where I wasn't following wrestling at all. Wasn't going to message boards, watching footage etc. But a few times a year I'd be in a drunken/stoned stupor/haze and want to watch some wrestling. The two matches I ALWAYS watched during this time were the famous Choshu/Yatsu vs Jumbo/Tenryu tag and the Queendom tag with Hokuto/Kandori vs Bull/Aja. Those were the two matches when I was furthest away from my wrestling fandom that were always able to pull me back.

Also...I was pretty surprised to see him on 30 ballots. Thats awesome. He was on my rough draft of "locks to make my list" from the start so we're probably higher on him than most.