Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the List: 100-51

Grimmas

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess a bunch of self-conscious Mania epics plus a bunch of truly awful matches were enough to boost Taker into the top 100. Blah.

Happy to be a minority voice with you here.

You're not really a minority voice if he makes less than half of the ballots. I don't know too many people who had him in thier lists. I know of a couple.

An interesting comparison would be Undertaker vs. Inoki. A shitload of matches.... a shitload of main event protection.... a handful of classics and a ton of crap.

That's actually a great comparison, and Inoki was clearly better.

Undertaker is a joke? All wrestlers have some crap. Sometimes it was what they were dealt and other times it's on them. One thing I always liked about him is his great character work during those early days. Sure the matches suck for the most part, but he works the gimmick they wanted him to and gets it over.

Is he consistent? No not at all. We're also talking about a pretty big guy in terms of stature. Not always easy to do when your that big. When he was motivated and in the right setting he was able to put together some great matches. He deserves to be on the list. 84 is about right.

HHH knows enough about wrestling to have the Bryan match. Angle would have fucked that up something fierce.

Which makes it even more tragic that he knows better but still has shit matches most of the time anyway. That makes him worse in my eyes. At least Angle is doing what his fans want from him.

I don't think Angle keeps the fans in mind. I think he just does the only thing he knows how to do. He's got one gear and it's "moron."

HHH knows enough about wrestling to have the Bryan match. Angle would have fucked that up something fierce.

Which makes it even more tragic that he knows better but still has shit matches most of the time anyway. That makes him worse in my eyes. At least Angle is doing what his fans want from him.

I don't think Angle keeps the fans in mind. I think he just does the only thing he knows how to do. He's got one gear and it's "moron."

HHH has one gear... asshole.

HHH has one gear... asshole.

Absolutely, and we're heel fans. We'll take self-obsessed asshole over idiot with really great athleticism anyday.

We'd just take 500 other people over either of them first.