Pro Wrestling Only

Quarterly Feel Good Poll

elliott

There have been some weird vibes going on at PWO lately (seriously that Ryback thread, wtf people) and fuck that shit. It's time to feel good! The last time this happened was here:

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/30792-quarterly-feel-good-poll-3/?hl=quarterly

So turn on a Kamala match, pat your belly and feel good.

Current favorite wrestler to watch:

Last fun match you saw:

Wrestler you want to see more of:

Last live show attended (if applicable/different from last time you answered):

Match you're most looking forward to watching:

Last fun interview/promo you saw:

Last interesting thing you read about wrestling:

Last worthwhile podcast you listened to:

Most fun you've had watching wrestling lately:

Favorite recent post on this board:

Favorite thing about the wrestling landscape in the past three months (if you live in the past, then go with your past three months of time-traveling):

Some quick hits here.

There have been some weird vibes going on at PWO lately (seriously that Ryback thread, wtf people) and fuck that shit. It's time to feel good! The last time this happened was here:

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/30792-quarterly-feel-good-poll-3/?hl=quarterly

Current favorite wrestler to watch: Yuji Okabayashi. Binged a ton of his this weekend. Will add more when I finally get to posting about G1 and other recent Japan I've watched, but he is right in the mix for best in the world at the moment.

Last fun match you saw: Okabayashi vs. Hideyoshi Kamitani (the 12/20/15 match, not the recent Sumo Hall show) and vs. Shuji Ishikawa (5/5/2016). Because I refuse to play by the rules, let's add a third in Kento Miyahara vs. Jun Akiyama (AJPW 7/24/2016). And a 4th -- Okada vs. Ishii (G1 Night - 8/13/2016), which is at the moment no worse than a top 3 2016 MOTYC.

Wrestler you want to see more of: Hideyoshi Kamitani. I've seen his big matches from the last 6+ months and am blown away by his level at this stage. Never overreaches as his matches are relatively simple, but tremendous pacing and selling. Loving the BJW strong division.

Last live show attended (if applicable/different from last time you answered): Been way too long

Match you're most looking forward to watching: Okada vs. Tanahashi on the final night of round robin matches for G1's A Block.

Last fun interview/promo you saw: Ziggler & Ambrose on Smackdown last week. Great showing from two wrestlers who I previously wouldn't hesitate to mute or tune out when on the mic

Last interesting thing you read about wrestling: Meltzer's all too brief recap of the Horsemen from 2007. Flipping through some old Observers lately and that's the most recent thing I've read.

Last worthwhile podcast you listened to: Not the most recent, but enjoyed Jericho's podcasts with Brian Gewirtz and Bayley. The former was much more interesting than I ever would've expected, while Bayley sounds as likeable as I did expect.

Most fun you've had watching wrestling lately: Binging BJW this weekend.

Favorite recent post on this board: This one, for now. Been way too quiet.

Favorite thing about the wrestling landscape in the past three months (if you live in the past, then go with your past three months of time-traveling): Japan -- between the G1 (even if a step down from past years), BJW, Dragon Gate and All Japan's big show, this last month has been incredible after a rather sluggish spring and start to the summer. A ton of great, ****+ matches.

Current favorite wrestler to watch: Tomohiro Ishii

Last fun match you saw: Suwama vs. Naoya Nomura (AJPW, 7/30) - A good old-fashioned beat down.

Wrestler you want to see more of: Konosuke Takeshita. The young dude gets better and better each time I see him wrestle.

Last live show attended (if applicable/different from last time you answered): NXT (5/14, Portland, OR)

Match you're most looking forward to watching: Shuji Ishikawa vs. Konosuke Takeshita (DDT, 8/28)

Last fun interview/promo you saw: Can't recall.

Last interesting thing you read about wrestling: Interesting? Not a whole lot.

Last worthwhile podcast you listened to: Nothing wrestling related.

Most fun you've had watching wrestling lately: G1 Climax has been fun for the most part.

Favorite recent post on this board: I'm enjoying the G1 talk.

Favorite thing about the wrestling landscape in the past three months (if you live in the past, then go with your past three months of time-traveling): It's pretty nuts we live in a wrestling world where Kota Ibushi, Akira Tozawa, and Shinsuke Nakamura are wrestling on WWE TV.

Current favorite wrestler to watch: Matt Riddle

Last fun match you saw: Kenta Kobashi vs. Toshiaki Kawada 1/17/00

Wrestler you want to see more of: Jack Gallagher ( seen his PROGRESS stuff which is aces but would like to see his work vs. lesser known UK workers)

Last live show attended (if applicable/different from last time you answered): SCI 2016

Match you're most looking forward to watching: So many answers here. Cody Rhodes vs. Chris Hero (put up or shut up time for Cody), Thatcher vs. GUlak (years in the making), Lethal vs. Cole (really enjoyed the build), Rusev vs. Reigns

Last fun interview/promo you saw: Cactus Jack in the hype to Royal Rumble 2000

Last interesting thing you read about wrestling: Read a nice 2000 observer researching that year today

Last worthwhile podcast you listened to: Exile on Badstreet: Top 25 angles in CWF is a top 3 podcast in 2016

Most fun you've had watching wrestling lately: Being live at SCI and seeing a truely unique and brillant finish between Jimmy Rave and Matt Riddle where it felt completely believeable to each person's character

Favorite recent post on this board: Parv's return in typical style in the against the grain thread

Favorite thing about the wrestling landscape in the past three months (if you live in the past, then go with your past three months of time-traveling): My top 3 wrestlers in the world are all US indy guys.

Current favorite wrestler to watch: Probably Zack Sabre Jr. Him or AJ Styles. I'm coming back into the indie scene in the last few months. Sabre's the guy I've been most impressed with. AJ's been great for a while, but I've slept on him. Seeing him in some more high-profile stuff now is fun.

Last fun match you saw: A Sabre/Chris Hero match from last year in PWG. Hero had a cut on his hand from some random accident. Sabre works it in some really gross ways. Blood starts dripping from Hero's hand and it's on from there.

Wrestler you want to see more of: Fred Yehi or Matt Riddle. Very excited for where these two will go in the next couple of years.

Last live show attended (if applicable/different from last time you answered): I went to an NXT house show last month here in Louisville. Had some great seats and a lot to drink before the show. I had so much fun with some new people from work that I hadn't hung out with before. Fun show, as well.

Match you're most looking forward to watching: I don't know. I'm looking forward to seeing this year's SCI. I bought last year's and I'm very slowly working my way through it.

Last fun interview/promo you saw: I've been loving Samoa Joe's promos in NXT lately. Glad to see him have this revitalization. He's been booked very well so far in NXT.

Last interesting thing you read about wrestling: Probably a post here! I love some of the history threads that get going here. Even random asides can lead to something interesting.

Last worthwhile podcast you listened to: I don't really listen, but I watched Styles on Stone Cold's podcast on the Network. Good stuff. It made me like him and he'd been a guy I previously thought I wouldn't like personally.

Most fun you've had watching wrestling lately: That NXT show I went to. I paid for it with a nice hangover the next day, though.

Favorite recent post on this board: I'd have to look around a bit.

Favorite thing about the wrestling landscape in the past three months (if you live in the past, then go with your past three months of time-traveling): The CWC. It's exposed myself (and I'm sure a lot of other fans, too) to a bunch of guys I might not have seen. That, and NXT and Lucha Underground being really fun, episodic wrestling shows that have great action and make sense! It's fun having weekly wrestling that I actually want to watch every week.

Current favorite wrestler to watch: Chris hero. I saw 4 matches with him in 3 days this past weekend and all of them were among the best I've seen this year. He is incredible.

Last fun match you saw: Death by Elbow(Chris Hero and JT Dunn) vs Kraken(Chip Day and Murder One) at AWE last Sunday.

Wrestler you want to see more of: Joey Lynch. He had the best performance of the local guys in the SCI this weekend. Really good high flyer from the south that will be the next Trevor Lee or Andrew Everett in the next year or so I believe.

Last live show attended (if applicable/different from last time you answered): AWE in Atlanta Georgia on 8/7. Good matches with god awful kill the territory type booking

Match you're most looking forward to watching: Joe vs Nakamura at Takeover. Saw the first match at a NXT house show in Orlando a couple months back and it was incredible.

Last fun interview/promo you saw:Jerry Lawler's first babyface interview in USWA Texas August 1990 talking about Skandar Akbar.

Last interesting thing you read about wrestling: Soup's article about Gunner Miller

Last worthwhile podcast you listened to: First Continental episode of Exile on Badstreet

Most fun you've had watching wrestling lately: The SCI tournament this weekend. Two days of great wrestling in Chattanooga Tennesse with the hales clan and about 30 people from all over the country was amazing.

Favorite recent post on this board: Parv being who we thought he would be

Favorite thing about the wrestling landscape in the past three months (if you live in the past, then go with your past three months of time-traveling): CWC.

Current favorite wrestler to watch: I've been watching a ton of Low Ki lately. Early career stuff against Homicide, Bryan, Eddy, Xavier and Red. Middle career stuff like against Necro Butcher and Chris Hero. And I recently watched the Rey Jr match like 5 times. Fucking awesome wrestler. A lot of the early career stuff holds up better than I ever expected it would. I really wish he and Danielson actually worked in BattlArts instead of just taking some flavors of the style. Can you imagine a Ki vs Ikeda or Ono match?

Last fun match you saw: Other than Rey vs Ki, my favorite match I've watched recently was Butch Reed vs Jerry Blackwell from St. Louis. That is an incredibly great match and anyone on the fence about either Blackwell or Reed needs to watch that shit right away. It has the single greatest "guy tries to slam a fat guy but can't because he's too fat" spot ever. EVER.

Wrestler you want to see more of: I'm going to watch a shit ton of Homicide or Super Dragon next. I'm not sure which. Takeshi Ono is another.

Last live show attended (if applicable/different from last time you answered): Oh god its been 15 years since I've been to a live show.

Match you're most looking forward to watching: Are they ever going to do Brock vs Reigns 2? I'd watch that. Other than that its hard to say. Are there any interesting Rey Jr indy matches on the horizon? Oh. Puerto Rico & Portland. All of it. Duh.

Last fun interview/promo you saw: Oh gosh, I dunno. I've just been watching random matches. Edit: You know what, that was a lie. I rewatched Rhodes Brothers vs The Shield from BattleGround 2013 and the Rhodes family promo absolutely is awesome.

Last interesting thing you read about wrestling: I re-read the old Observer about AAA's first show at the LA Sports Arena in 1993. That was fun. I re-read The Destroyer's book within the last year or so and that was excellent.

Last worthwhile podcast you listened to: Man that "Brawl for All" Between the Sheets was so great I am 100% convinced that if WWE announced Brawl for All 2016 I would start following them again. But really, just go listen to any Exile on Badstreet.

Most fun you've had watching wrestling lately: Wrestling is always fun.

Favorite recent post on this board: The one about PR and Portland :)

Favorite thing about the wrestling landscape in the past three months (if you live in the past, then go with your past three months of time-traveling): I live in the past, but the women's match being a great match and the obvious show stealing match at WrestleMania this year has been probably the best thing to happen in 2016. And since I don't follow the modern product, I mean just in general. :)

Current favorite wrestler to watch: Shinsuke Nakamura. His presence is magical.

Last fun match you saw: Johnny Gargano vs. Tomasso Ciampa (CWC first round)

Wrestler you want to see more of: Shinsuke Jack Gallagher. This seems to be more about up-and-coming young guys, which I was too tired to realize last night, so I changed my answer. I think we'll be seeing a lot of Shinsuke regardless, thankfully, so no point putting him here.

Last live show attended (if applicable/different from last time you answered): A WWE house show a few years ago headlined by a Cena vs. Miz Streetfight and Punk vs. Del Rio. Evan Bourne returned (between Wellness violations) and wrestled Dolph Ziggler in a very disappointing match. Ryback was also here, before he returned to TV.

Match you're most looking forward to watching: Shinsuke Nakamara on the main roster vs. Seth Rollins, John Cena, AJ Styles, etc. Hell, even Dolph because they're both "flamboyant."

Last fun interview/promo you saw: I guess Cesaro's "shoot" about his placement on Raw

Last interesting thing you read about wrestling: Pat Patterson's book. It's fantastic!

Last worthwhile podcast you listened to: Legends With JBL with Booker T. Will be watching Stone Cold Podcast with Ambrose tonight.

Most fun you've had watching wrestling lately: CWC

Favorite recent post on this board: Instead of a post, here's a thread I love and wish got more attention - Under-the-radar wrestling book recommendations

Favorite thing about the wrestling landscape in the past three months (if you live in the past, then go with your past three months of time-traveling): A tie between the rise of Shinsuke and the CWC.

Current favorite wrestler to watch: This is a tough one. Maybe Pat Patterson, due to all of those Richard Land uploads? No, let's go with Marty Jones, because I saw some of his heel work in Stampede and it was a lot of fun and just added another dimension to him. Rey Escorpion is up there too for modern guys.

Last fun match you saw: I saw the Kendrick CWC match last night and that was fun but for pure fun, nothing this month beats Escorpion vs Dorada from Elite. It was a dive a minute but still managed to mean something.

Wrestler you want to see more of: Raul Mendoza looked like a guy worth seeing more of in the CWC. Let's go with him.

Last live show attended (if applicable/different from last time you answered): Ha. I'm not driving to Joppa to watch wrestling. Forget that. It's like... 40 minutes away.

Match you're most looking forward to watching: I know it'll be short, but I'm not spoilered on Dorada vs Tajiri and that sounds like a blast. Past that, Reigns vs Rusev probably?

Last fun interview/promo you saw: I really, really loved the Ambrose/Ziggler exchange from last Tuesday. Yes, I get that Ambrose was partially no-selling him and it could be long-term damaging, but I loved the fact that he took Ziggler's completely disingenuous boyhood dream speech and just shit on it. It was cathartic. Marty Jones' promos in Calgary are not all that good though.

Last interesting thing you read about wrestling: Probably the saccharine commentary from Foley on the Sasha win? Some of the tidbits about backstage were sort of interesting, I guess? I haven't read much this month apparently. Oh, I liked Dylan's dad's article. When was that?

Last worthwhile podcast you listened to: I'm slowly working through the 6:05 stuff, and really liked episode 13(I think) with the second part of the Scott Teal interview an the Ric Ratchet stuff. Did Teal's book on Chavo Sr ever come out?

Most fun you've had watching wrestling lately: NWAOnDemand, definitely. It's just so great when new matches pop up. You never know what you're going to get. It's like wrestling combined with opening a pack of baseball cards when you're ten. Who knew Bull Ramos was so explosive? It's way better than this "indy wrestling" stuff people seem to be watching.

Favorite recent post on this board: What the hell? Let's go with Stacey's CWC post.

Favorite thing about the wrestling landscape in the past three months (if you live in the past, then go with your past three months of time-traveling): It's a conservative answer but the brand split (and live Smackdown) does feel like it's shaken things up and energized them a little bit. We'll see how long that lasts. I really like the Rush vs LA Park feud too, just in general.

Shingo Takagi. I can recognize his flaws, but his strengths (intensity in move execution, charisma, overall feel) don't let me criticize too hard.

Last fun match you saw:

Strong Style Squad vs. Crusade For Change (Beyond's Americanrana 2016). Just a wild brawl that was paced perfectly and never dull.

Matt Tremont

Last live show attended (if applicable/different from last time you answered):

Beyond Wrestling's Americanrana 2016

Pretty much anything from BOLA

Joey Ryan's been killing it lately

The "Against the Grain" thread

Last worthwhile podcast you listened to:

VIP Lounge with Taz as a guest

Americanrana 2016

Parv showing is what "against the grain" opinions look like

Favorite thing about the wrestling landscape in the past three months (if you live in the past, then go with your past three months of time-traveling):

Raw being somewhat watchable again

Some quick hits here.

Current favorite wrestler to watch: Yuji Okabayashi. Binged a ton of his this weekend. Will add more when I finally get to posting about G1 and other recent Japan I've watched, but he is right in the mix for best in the world at the moment.

Last fun match you saw: Okabayashi vs. Hideyoshi Kamitani (the 12/20/15 match, not the recent Sumo Hall show) and vs. Shuji Ishikawa (5/5/2016). Because I refuse to play by the rules, let's add a third in Kento Miyahara vs. Jun Akiyama (AJPW 7/24/2016). And a 4th -- Okada vs. Ishii (G1 Night - 8/13/2016), which is at the moment no worse than a top 3 2016 MOTYC.

Wrestler you want to see more of: Hideyoshi Kamitani. I've seen his big matches from the last 6+ months and am blown away by his level at this stage. Never overreaches as his matches are relatively simple, but tremendous pacing and selling. Loving the BJW strong division.

Last live show attended (if applicable/different from last time you answered): Been way too long

Match you're most looking forward to watching: Okada vs. Tanahashi on the final night of round robin matches for G1's A Block.

Last fun interview/promo you saw: Ziggler & Ambrose on Smackdown last week. Great showing from two wrestlers who I previously wouldn't hesitate to mute or tune out when on the mic

Last interesting thing you read about wrestling: Meltzer's all too brief recap of the Horsemen from 2007. Flipping through some old Observers lately and that's the most recent thing I've read.

Last worthwhile podcast you listened to: Not the most recent, but enjoyed Jericho's podcasts with Brian Gewirtz and Bayley. The former was much more interesting than I ever would've expected, while Bayley sounds as likeable as I did expect.

Most fun you've had watching wrestling lately: Binging BJW this weekend.

Favorite recent post on this board: This one, for now. Been way too quiet.

Favorite thing about the wrestling landscape in the past three months (if you live in the past, then go with your past three months of time-traveling): Japan -- between the G1 (even if a step down from past years), BJW, Dragon Gate and All Japan's big show, this last month has been incredible after a rather sluggish spring and start to the summer. A ton of great, ****+ matches.

Need to make an addition.

Last fun match you saw: Watched a bunch of Midnight Express this weekend. Just squash matches, and they were such fun. Bobby Eaton is so ridiculously smooth, such a great bumper in the context of a match in that his spots never bring things to a halt but rather feed right into the direction the match is heading. It seems as though he's often the forgotten man behind Arn & Ricky Morton, perhaps due a lack of signature singles matches or combination of promos/angles. This may be fair to an extent, but he was excellent in what he did. To take nothing away from Condrey, who was also a willing and able bumper while easily transitioning to heat and picking apart an opponent an instant later.

The SCI love post

Current favorite wrestler to watch: Matt Riddle

Last fun match you saw: Anthony Henry vs. Stryknyn from Why We Wrestle

Wrestler you want to see more of: Cyrus the Destroyer

Last live show attended (if applicable/different from last time you answered): Scenic City Invitational!

Match you're most looking forward to watching: Timothy Thatcher vs. Matt Riddle NO HOLD BARRED (Close sources say it will be a shoot fight)

Last fun interview/promo you saw: Corey Hollis on N2 of the SCI

Last interesting thing you read about wrestling: Brad Stutts on the SCI https://t.co/7TxauOgPzF

Last worthwhile podcast you listened to: Brawl for All, Between the Sheets

Most fun you've had watching wrestling lately: SCI!

Favorite recent post on this board: When JVK denounced free speech

Favorite thing about the wrestling landscape in the past three months (if you live in the past, then go with your past three months of time-traveling): The build to the southern graps. Why We Wrestle has just released a show which at least points to a southern promotion trying to push out content for fans.

Current favourite wrestler to watch: Katsuyori Shibata

Last fun match you saw: tag match from Vengeance 2003. So much fun!

Wrestler you want to see more of: I need to see more of Daisuke Sekimoto

Last live show attended: Pro Wrestling NOAH in Japan (opening of the Global Tag League)

Match you are most looking forward to watching: Ishii v Okada when I get around to it

Last fun promo/interview you saw: Angle on a 2002 Smackdown "I just lost to a child!"

Last interesting thing you read about wrestling: Stan Hansen's book

Last worthwhile podcast you listened to: The Rick Martel PWO Supershow (I'm catching up on all the past shows!)

Most fun you've had watching wrestling lately: Seeing Akira Tozawa turn up on the Cruiserweight Classic!

Favourite recent post on this board: Not sure of the top of my head, it's just a fun place. Maybe the 'most useless tag teams/stables' discussion

Favourite thing about the wrestling landscape in the past three months: Just the ease with which you can watch practically anything worldwide and from any era these days (the addition to some Google Drive projects has been amazing!)

This is probably going to end up being very Yearbook-centric, but let's dive in:

Current favorite wrestler to watch: Nakamura is fascinating, and has a Jumbo/Flair-esque ability to put on compelling matches with guys way under him on the totem pole.

Last fun match you saw: Sting vs. Goldberg on the '98 Nitro, the night after Fall Brawl. WCW follows up its worst PPV show with one of its best-ever Nitros. The return of Flair is the big deal, but the crowd remains hot for this and Sting actually crafts a very good TV main event. A rare instance where you get to see Sting really carry a guy.

Wrestler you want to see more of: Dalton Castle. See below.

Last live show attended (if applicable/different from last time you answered): ROH's last TV taping in Philadelphia. Not nearly as mind-numbing as syndie TV tapings in the late '80s, but man it was long. My main takeaway was, why the hell is ROH not building around Castle as their #1 guy? Before, during, and after the show he was by far the most popular person on the roster. But all they could do for him creatively is have him and his two "boys" job in a nothing 6-man tag to the Cabinet.

Match you're most looking forward to watching: Nak vs. Joe, probably. More anxious to see the fallout after Takeover and who goes where with regard to the main roster.

Last fun interview/promo you saw: The Rock cutting a brutal, misogynistic promo on Chyna, with the entire Nation holding her down and DX trapped in their locker room with a forklift parked in front of their door ("Get her on her knees, where she belongs!"). Rock was only a few weeks from turning babyface (temporarily) but this may have been him at his most despicable. To the point where I'm not sure I feel right calling it "fun," but it was definitely effective heat-building for the ladder match at SummerSlam '98.

Last interesting thing you read about wrestling: Dave's review of Wrestling with Shadows in the 9-21-98 Observer. A strong evaluation of the movie itself, tidbits on scenes that were cut, and even some more (speculative) motivation on why Vince did what he did, as it related to WCW marketing Bret in Canada.

Last worthwhile podcast you listened to: The Brawl-for-All-centric edition of Between the Sheets. Great to see a relatively even-handed evaluation of the concept and the performers in it. It was an unequivocal failure but I think there's more to the story than "LOL Russo."

Most fun you've had watching wrestling lately: Watching the WWF's resurgence in the spring of '98. 1997 was probably better artistically overall but from the post-Rumble Raw to KOTR or so is one of the most scorching-hot runs in company history. Even the stuff that didn't work, didn't seem to matter when the main event booking was so strong.

Favorite recent post on this board: I was amused by Tatanka starting his own "You still got it" chant at a recent indy show.

Favorite thing about the wrestling landscape in the past three months (if you live in the past, then go with your past three months of time-traveling): In 1998, it might be watching the rise of the Rock, who might be the best thing about WWF TV with the Austin-Vince feud probably having peaked artistically. Now...even though I admire it more than like it, probably the CWC.

I've been slowly drifting away from wrestling for a while now but I'm trying to get myself hyped for the new 80s sets.

Last fun match you saw:

I'm lumping all four of these together. The only match I've watched recently is The Final Deletion which was delightful. Around the time I watched this a few weeks ago there was some weird drama in my family about my brother so now whenever my best friend and I talk about my family we can't stop calling him BROTHER NERO. It lead to a stream of texts from my buddy fantasy booking my family including Willow being unmasked as my mom and my dad getting caught watching porn on Vanguard 1. I haven't devoted much time to wrestling lately but I've gotta say that it's those damned Hardys that have been on my mind. (My family is fine by the way, my brother is just... an enigma).

I'm really excited about the Puerto Rico set (I have to wait just a little bit to order it) and specifically I want to see some Carlos Colon defending his turf in

Last live show attended:

I actually went to last year's NXT Takeover in Brooklyn. It was fun but I've realized that I prefer to see wrestling in an intimate atmosphere to those big arena shows. My friends have been going to a lot of local indy shows lately so I'll probably join them sooner or later.

I've been holding off on the Colon/Hansen feud for a while. It sounds awesome.

Segunda Caida tackling 2002 Zero-One

EDIT: I just saw the immortal Abhay Khosla's tumblr post about drama on the set of the Rock's new movie and it also feels appropriate for this spot; http://twiststreet.tumblr.com/post/148702893775

I'm digging OJ writing about golden age wrestlers. I watched a bunch of that Chicago Film Archives stuff when it was first uploaded and he's got me wanting to dive in again.

My friends always used to see me as the "guy who watches foreign stuff and indy wrestling" but now they're all following various independent promotions.

Current favorite wrestler to watch: Roman Reigns. If the heel turn isn’t coming, he’s still doing great character work, putting it into great matches with a variety of opponents, and now has an excellent dance partner in a feud that reestablishes the US title.
Last fun match you saw: First thought that came to mind re: “fun” is Galloway vs. Jack Evans (PWG “Lemmy”). But a better answer is probably the short but great Dragon Gate trios I discussed in the Vieje del Parties thread (CIMA/Gamma/Peter Kaasa vs. Genki Horiguchi/Kagetora/Ryo Saito from 6/2). I’m really surprised to be praising Jack Evans and Dragon Gate, but 2016’s been an interesting year.
Wrestler you want to see more of: Old would be Jackie Fargo, new would be Kaasa.
Last live show attended (if applicable/different from last time you answered): EVOLVE 64. Was unable to go to the “Lucha Underground” show of local indie guys at the same venue a week later, main evented by Pentagon and Fenix having their touring match.
Match you're most looking forward to watching: Rusev-Reigns, though I am curious about what the No Holds Barred version of Thatcher-Riddle looks like.
Last fun interview/promo you saw: I quite liked the Eric Embry segment that ran on a recent Between the Sheets, but that was only heard, not seen. Also: while this was more just curious than fun, the WCW Saturday Night from the night before Luger-Windham for Flair's vacated world title has like five different Paul E. segments, and it was at least interesting to see TV where he's essentially hosting the show in the months leading up to the Dangerous Alliance.
Last interesting thing you read about wrestling: The @MeltzerInThe90s Twitter account.
Last worthwhile podcast you listened to: This past week’s episode of 6:05 - the first without Bix co-hosting - ended up being surprisingly smooth and fun. Scott Cornish was really good, Brian was game, plus three interesting guests. I never tire of hearing Terry Funk or Sabu talk, so their recent Art of Wrestlings have been cool.
Most fun you've had watching wrestling lately: I liked seeing the Rumble at a packed bar. The crowd was fired up, and it helped. Watching Hero vs. Riddle live was truly something, particularly Riddle’s flying knee.
Favorite recent post on this board: In truth I haven’t been reading as many of late, but I quite like seeing live reactions during shows, and getting folks’ funnier takes in real time.
Favorite thing about the wrestling landscape in the past three months (if you live in the past, then go with your past three months of time-traveling): Between May and now: Meltzer’s renewed interest in lucha, and the continued influx of quality podcasts and access to old footage. While time-traveling: I think this Jerry Lawler kid shows a lot of potential.

Last fun match- the Rush vs LA Park matches

Favorite wrestler- of current people probably Shinsuke

Wrestler I want to see more of- that new kid in BJW Kamatani. Also the new kid in DDT Takeshita also Matt Riddle. Also I'm looking forward to binging on the Portland set

Match I'm looking forward to- Ishii vs Okada. Still haven't seen it

Favorite posts from this board- I like the contrarian opinion thread. I love how many opinions I agree with that others see as off the wall

Current Favorite Wrestler to Watch: Shinsuke Nakamura (but, Jerry Lawler for promos)

Last Fun Match: Last night I watched Kota Ibushi vs. Togi Makabe from 9-23-15 (NEVER Openweight Championship), and I really enjoyed it, but the match I thought was the most fun (recently), was probably the night before last watching AJ Styles vs. Tanahashi from 8-14-15

Wrestler You Want to See More of: Based on the rave reviews from SCI2016, I'm going to be checking into Matt Riddle. I'm also wanting to do a deeper dive into Chris Hero.

Last Live Show Attended: Smackdown last week in Nashville, TN (08/02/2016)

Match Most Looking Forward to: Probably Joe vs. Nakamura - I'm looking forward to the CWC Finals as well, because I think Ibushi will tear the house down with someone.

Last Fun Interview/Promo: The Jerry Lawler/Dundee vs. Eddie Gilbert/Dirty White Boy stuff from around July/August of 1990

Last Interesting Thing Read: Brad Stutts on the SCI Tournament

Last Worthwhile Podcast Listened to: Ricochet on the Steve Austin Show

Most Fun Watching Wrestling Lately: The 1990 Yearbook and New Japan on AXS TV

Favorite Recent Post: I'm enjoying reading this one.

Favorite Thing about the Wrestling Landscape (3 Months): Probably the CWC and the rise of Shinsuke Nakamura in NXT - from the past, I really enjoyed watching the Lawler/Snowman Feud from the 90s and All Japan 90's. I've also enjoyed JR calling New Japan on AXS and Mauro Ranallo on Smackdown. -Shout out to the impressions from Marty & Sarah

Infrequent poster but I thought i'd have a go at this

Current Favourite Wrestler to watch: Buddy Rose. I'd seen a little bit on youtube but bought Will's dvd set recently and i'm currently speeding through that. To first see him he doesn't look like he'd be a great wrestler, but he's been absolutely compelling.

Last Fun Match: Kobashi Vs Takayama April 04

Wrestler you want to see more of: El Dandy

Last live show you attended: a WWE show in my home town years and years ago

Match most looking forward to: The next match on the Buddy Rose set

Last Fun Interview/Promo: Ric Flair and Jerry lawler in Memphis

Last Interesting thing read about wrestling: Dave Meltzer's Kobashi Bio

Last worthwile podcast listened too: I didn't expect to but really enjoyed Chris Jericho's interview with Brian Gerwitz. Particularly the insane wrestlers court story

Favourite recent post: the list of "against the grain" opinions from JerryvonKramer

Favourite thing about the wrestling landscape: I don't watch much WWE but from what i've seen the brand split looks interesting so far.