Pro Wrestling Only

Summerslam 2016

FMKK

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided it needed to be even more qualified. Probably should have gone the other way.

Those kids in the front row are the best part of this match so far. They were going from giddy about the violence to ironically amused by it all to "oh shit!" and covering up.

Mauro Ranallo and his constant pursuit of goofy metaphors are a delight.

On the other hand I pretty much hate Pro Wrestling MMA angles. Just do a pinfall if he's hurt so bad. It's not like doing the bit really means anything anymore.

Oh yes, I forgot, that's all for Lesnar's scheduled "suspension".

I can't believe that was the planned finish since they put it on last. Brock fucking brained Orton.

The show peaked with a Sasha vs Charlotte match that wasn't as good as their Raw match, and then it went on for 5 more hours completely exposing their style and most of their workers.

I really don't mean to sound like a snide troll in saying this, but that was so much worse than any of us could have anticipated. Stunning.

If this leads to Brock vs. Goldberg at Mania, that's pretty much akin to what it would have been like if at Wrestlemania 6 in 1990, the company had decided that rather than have Hogan work the main event with Warrior, his fresh new challenger would be Pedro Morales. That's the best "really popular babyface who'd peaked 18-19 years earlier" that I can come up with. If it ends up being Brock vs. Shane, that would be more like Skydome being main evented by Hogan vs... who, Ernie Roth? Pat Patterson? Those aren't perfect analogies, but they're in the ballpark of what people online are taking at face value here.

Shitty PPV. Brock sucks. Lazy schmuck. Glad others are finally coming around and seeing the same thing. Shane can't sell. Ironically, Brock vs. Shane actually sounds entertaining. That might be the best way to use a selfish waste of space like Brock. Great circus and train-wreck appeal in Brock vs. Shane. (As long as it's not in the main event. I actually wouldn't mind it at Mania though, just so Brock is kept away from active wrestlers who would benefit from facing almost anyone else.) But that drugged-up neanderthal has to put someone over eventually, right? That someone obviously shouldn't be Shane (or Goldberg).

Cena/Styles and Balor/Finn went on before the non-existent Rusev/Reigns match and the Lesnar/Orton stoppage. My problem with all of this (aside from everything already covered) is the match order. Cena/Styles works a Mania style main event match in the middle of the show and Rusev/Reigns are on the path to having a really good and heated brawl only for it to end with the heel coming off as a face and the face coming off as the biggest dick in the room. Lesnar/Orton was good, but would have worked better as the 2nd or 3rd match from the main event. If I was Vince and I had a vision that these matches HAD to end the way they did tonight and I booked it that way-- a re-arranging would have done magic.

Main Event: Balor vs. Rollins

Co-Main event: Orton vs. Lesnar

Cena vs. Styles

U.S. Title: Rusev vs. Reigns

I think that layout would have saved the crowd, again, if the booking MUST stay.