Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, in January, MLW filed an antitrust lawsuit against WWE. I'm not super knowledgeable about all of this, but based on what I've read, it seems like WWE is using AEW's success to basically say, "Hey, we can't possibly have a monopoly if there's another wrestling company that's doing comparable TV numbers on a major network, etc."

I wouldn't necessarily call this a brilliant, bulletproof defense, but damn, to my ears, its pretty f'n good. 

19 hours ago, C.S. said:

From Biff Busick (Oney Lorcan) on Reddit:

I don't know how it works in Florida, but on the federal level, you have to fill out a form listing your address, occupation, and employer when making a campaign contribution. If Busick isn't an idiot (or a liar), Drake is likely violating campaign finance law.

By the way, other contributors to his campaign include Matt Riddle, Killer Kross, Elias, Bobby Fish, and Jimmy Jacobs. What a cesspool the 2000s indies turned out to be.

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/riddle-karrion-kross-more-donate-to-qanon-referee-drake-wuertzs-political-campaign

5 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

I don't know how it works in Florida, but on the federal level, you have to fill out a form listing your address, occupation, and employer when making a campaign contribution. If Busick isn't an idiot (or a liar), Drake is likely violating campaign finance law.

By the way, other contributors to his campaign include Matt Riddle, Killer Kross, Elias, Bobby Fish, and Jimmy Jacobs. What a cesspool the 2000s indies turned out to be.

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/riddle-karrion-kross-more-donate-to-qanon-referee-drake-wuertzs-political-campaign

Well, Busick is obviously an imbecile. When Kane is considered the smartest guy in wrestling, that tells you everything you need to know. But it sounds like Drake hit up his pals for money, they said sure, and then Drake called a black PC recruit "boy" and redirected that money toward his bullshit campaign.  

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

When Kane is considered the smartest guy in wrestling, that tells you everything you need to know. 

Isn't that a very "old-school" opinion, though? Shit, Kevin Nash probably has more insightful things to say about the business and life in general and most just see him as a quad-tearing doofus. 

18 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Isn't that a very "old-school" opinion, though? Shit, Kevin Nash probably has more insightful things to say about the business and life in general and most just see him as a quad-tearing doofus. 

Wasn't Kane supposed to be intelligent because he "red books" ? And I mean, I mean, 90% of books sold in this capitalistic economy are full of bullshit, really, it's not like there's a Kafka on every corner. It's like Val Venis, who was thought of being a super smart guy. Except reading Ayn Rand pseudo-philosophical trite doesn't make you any kind of a smart guy, ya know

21 hours ago, C.S. said:

Well, Busick is obviously an imbecile. When Kane is considered the smartest guy in wrestling, that tells you everything you need to know. But it sounds like Drake hit up his pals for money, they said sure, and then Drake called a black PC recruit "boy" and redirected that money toward his bullshit campaign.  

Doesn't everyone say how Drake used to be a good buy and "fell into the Qanon hole"? The story of him treating the black PC recruit shows he was probably always a piece of shit.

4 hours ago, El-P said:

And I mean, I mean, 90% of books sold in this capitalistic economy are full of bullshit, really

Uh…what?

Please tell me that you mean 90% of books written ABOUT capitalism are bullshit, and not that you mean because capitalism exists in and of itself as a system, that thereby means that 90% of all books about all topics are therefore bullshit.  

13 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Please tell me that you mean 90% of books written ABOUT capitalism are bullshit, and not that you mean because capitalism exists in and of itself as a system, that thereby means that 90% of all books about all topics are therefore bullshit.  

Yes indeed. Because it's all about selling stupid shit to people, including bad literature, which is the one which sells the most by a wide margin. :lol: (So I guess it's not 90% of the books, but 90% of what's sold the most... anyway, it was not supposed to be any kind of realistic figure either, I just wanted to underline the fact that "reading books" doesn't mean jackshit in the grand scheme of things if all you're reading is stupid shit)

On 3/17/2022 at 9:14 PM, sek69 said:

IIRC Drake was hitting up co workers under the guise of "fighting child sex trafficking", and who''s going to say no to that?  I think a lot of those donations came before he went full mask-off looney tunes. 

He donated on the 7th of February 2022. So he definitely knew Drake was QAnon. He also had to have known Drake was running as it's all over his online presence. I'm not calling this bs but there's a really small window of opportunity that gives a possible explanation for this happening and I don't think Biff can fit through that. 

These are all visible here (Necro Butcher can be added to the 2000s cesspool comment). 

https://dos.elections.myflorida.com/cgi-bin/contrib.exe

On 3/18/2022 at 9:30 AM, El-P said:

Wasn't Kane supposed to be intelligent because he "red books" ? And I mean, I mean, 90% of books sold in this capitalistic economy are full of bullshit, really, it's not like there's a Kafka on every corner. It's like Val Venis, who was thought of being a super smart guy. Except reading Ayn Rand pseudo-philosophical trite doesn't make you any kind of a smart guy, ya know

Here's The Sportster saying how smart Kane was in 2015:

Glen Jacobs.. actually earned a degree in English Literature at Northeast Missouri State University... Most fans are aware that he is very outspoken in terms of politics and is even a member of the Free State Project. He hosted a podcast titled The Tiny Political Show under the pseudonym Citizen X (from March 16, 2007 to March 13, 2008) and ran a blog called The Adventures of Citizen X at AdventuresOfCitizenX.com and is also a contributor to LewRockwell.com.

If all that wasn’t surprising enough, he even owns an insurance company with his wife called The Jacobs Agency, which is located in Tennessee. The only real question is if they also offer fire insurance.

Gable Steveson finished up his amateur career tonight by winning his second NCAA championship to go along with his gold medal from the 2020 Olympics. He did the whole "leave the shoes on the mat" deal so I would assume he will be showing up in WWE shortly.

Jacobs has been Q-pilled for quite some time. 

Per the contributions database, other notable contributors to Drake's campaign include Jessica Barnes (Marty Jannetty's wife), Paula Sopp (Billy Gunn's wife), Chad Lail (Jaxson Ryker), and Terry Taylor. It should come as no surprise that the Taylor Made Man is on board since evidence of him being a huge racist that emerged during discovery in the WCW racial discrimination lawsuit was a big part of the reason the wrestlers who sued WCW made out like bandits.