Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

6 minutes ago, Phil Schneider said:

I don't see why a GCW match would be an insurance issue, but working a garbage brawl with Helmsley wouldn't be.

I'm spitballing here, but I would assume an insurance company would feel more comfortable with their guy doing a match with the billion dollar industry leader than an indy they probably haven't heard of. 

Also I'm not sure that Big Dave would want to risk messing up that Marvel money at this point. He ended his wrestling career on the biggest stage,  it wouldn't make sense for him to do a Bloodsport type show no matter how cool it would be. 

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The best part is the column that got Moose and the Impact Stans (hey that would be a great band name) so riled up was just an recap of all the hilarious self-owns the company has done over the years and the only wrestler mentioned was Killer Kross in a discussion of his beef with the company.

I get fandom is a hell of a drug, but anyone still ride-or-die for Impact* at this point is legit scary. 

*to be fair it's actually Anthem that has been doing all the dumb things, but since they all seem to be at the behest of Impact it's basically a "six of one, half dozen of another" deal. 

Also someone needs to teach the people in charge of Anthem about the Sunk Cost Fallacy. 

They buy TNA to get more content for the Fight Network, end up gutting the Fight Network due to all the costs TNA brought on. 

They can't get any real network to give Impact a slot due to the Dixie LOLTNA era, so they smush it on the hunting channel they own a part of.

They buy AXS so they have a place to put Impact, end up gutting AXS because reasons.

All that just to make sure the wrestling promotion that can't stop stepping on its own dick can get on TV.

3 hours ago, Afro Steel said:

I don't know who Moose is, but this latest Bix Twitter beef has some real charming looking people taking shots at Bix in the ultimate "those in glass houses..." situations.

Reading the Twitter thread, it seems both Moose and Sami Callihan have a history of domestic violence.

Fucking scumbags.

7 hours ago, C.S. said:

Reading the Twitter thread, it seems both Moose and Sami Callihan have a history of domestic violence.

Fucking scumbags.

Yeah, the Observer reported back in 2016 that WWE backed off on signing him due to finding out about a domestic violence allegation in 2009 that led him to being suspended for a game when he was in the NFL.

The issue I have with this kind of stuff is that a Twitter thread is not a court of law. And even then, what does that make of those "Austin is so great" reactions when he comes back on RAW once in a while ? The great Austin who had the greatest angle ever with Mike Tyson… No explanation needed here.

I dunno. Moose made an ass out of himself, but I don't think that reply by Bix had anything to do with anything written on his article. 

That being said, Moose, Elgin, Callihan, Swann (and I really like the latest two as performers) on the same roster, I understand it's a pretty poor look. Then again, every case is different, I never quite got the Swann case (he brutally pulled Su Young into his car or something ? How was that settled ? Are they ok working together today ?). 

Dunno, to me it's more stupidity on Twitter, and as much as I like Bix's work, I don't think that reply was needed. Take the high road, Moose's stuff was completely idiotic and low-rent.

11 hours ago, El-P said:

That being said, Moose, Elgin, Callihan, Swann (and I really like the latest two as performers) on the same roster, I understand it's a pretty poor look. Then again, every case is different, I never quite got the Swann case (he brutally pulled Su Young into his car or something ? How was that settled ? Are they ok working together today ?).

yeah Su/Swann pretty much blew it off immediately after, she had tweeted defending him in the past couple years and they are still together today.

3 hours ago, Alucard said:

yeah Su/Swann pretty much blew it off immediately after, she had tweeted defending him in the past couple years and they are still together today.

Well, that doesn't really mean anything IMO. Women stay in abusive relationships for years - decades even. I'm not saying  that Rich Swann is abusive. But I'm also not saying that he isn't. 

17 hours ago, El-P said:

Dunno, to me it's more stupidity on Twitter, and as much as I like Bix's work, I don't think that reply was needed. Take the high road, Moose's stuff was completely idiotic and low-rent.

Any instance of domestic abuse is abhorrent.

That said, Bix is pretty much the wikipedia definition of an internet white knight and anything he says should be viewed through that prism.

4 hours ago, C.S. said:

Women People stay in abusive relationships for years - decades even.

I stand corrected. I should know (well, I wonder at times what it really was, but there was clearly regular abuse going on, not necessarily physical, although it did happen sometimes when alcohol was involved and alcohol was involved a lot, but definitely verbal and emotional one, leading me to a bunch of complete breakdowns; and clear-cut abuse in the form of harassement after I finally put an end to it, after more than ten years). And I won't go further into this, plus it seems like another life now. Let's say if I had 1€ each time I was told "I'm sorry", "It won't happen again" and "Don't leave me", I would have made quite a bit of money.

So there, my two cents just to reiterate that yes, I'm against labelling people for life on the base of incidents we don't really know much about. But on the other hand I know first hand you can take abuse for years and almost think it's normal and that's how a relationship works because you don't know any better after a while. Which doesn't help your next relationships either, so you're in for the long haul anyway. 

8 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

He's a quite a wordsmith, isn't he?  It's eloquent, poetic and almost lyrical prose like that which amply illustrates why Bix is a bonafide writer, not just some message board poster.

If you pay me, I can find a much more poetic way to say "fuck you" to you, too.

2 hours ago, Bix said:

If you pay me, I can find a much more poetic way to say "fuck you" to you, too.

Well...let me think about it.  Normally I'd just pay you right off the bat without even thinking about it...but I need to save some money because I want to become a paid subscriber to Vince Russo's podcast, join the Mauro Ranallo fan club, and if I have any money left over I want to buy Nickelback tickets.

Bix owns.

Rich and Su come from terrible upbringings. Certainly not an ideal situation. It is just how life is for them and they will likely be together forever. From the night it happened I posted that if anything Su is the aggressor in the relationship especially when drunk and that Rich was just trying to save her from running into traffic. Eventually, a lot of people came around to the fact that what I said was accurate as time went on.

32 minutes ago, rovert said:

From the night it happened I posted that if anything Su is the aggressor in the relationship especially when drunk and that Rich was just trying to save her from running into traffic. 

Well, if that was the case, then not only can I understand but I also sympathise with Swann a whole lot because I've been there and then some. I won't get into details of what I was alluding to a bit earlier, but I've been in situation when I had to get physical with that person to protect herself from injuring herself and eventually others.

On 9/23/2019 at 12:57 PM, El-P said:

Well, if that was the case, then not only can I understand but I also sympathise with Swann a whole lot because I've been there and then some. I won't get into details of what I was alluding to a bit earlier, but I've been in situation when I had to get physical with that person to protect herself from injuring herself and eventually others.

Su is genuinely regarded as a nice person and very fan-friendly. But there's a reason why NXT never signed or even used for enhancement matches despite how local she is/was, how many live events and TVs she attended. Was seen after hours in the Orlando area too much. 

• 2 weeks later...

Randomly watching Hogan vs Flair from a Raw in 2002. And one forgets how much Ric in 2002 looked like classic Ric Flair with longer hair. I happened to watch some random Flair matches from the 2004-08 period and he was in much better shape than any of us would recall but noticeably older and with thinned our hair.

Flair seemed to age massively between 2002 and 2004.

4 minutes ago, JerryvonKramer said:

Randomly watching Hogan vs Flair from a Raw in 2002. And one forgets how much Ric in 2002 looked like classic Ric Flair with longer hair. I happened to watch some random Flair matches from the 2004-08 period and he was in much better shape than any of us would recall but noticeably older and with thinned our hair.

Flair seemed to age massively between 2002 and 2004.

He had a bunch of awful plastic surgery between those years. I guess that's one of those facts that got so well-known, people stopped repeating it.