Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MLW announced Matt Riddle and Jeff Cobb vs. Tom Lawlor and Seth Petruzelli for next month.

3 UFC vets and 1 Olympic wrestler. I'm really looking forward to it. I was at the last MLW show and Petruzelli didn't look that great, but I thought Riddle vs. Lawlor was pretty good and adding in Cobb to the mix makes this better. I have high hopes they can make this work.

To be fair, one would expect a professional wrestler to take criticisms - even more when they are actually valid and not just some dude trolling - in stride, and not throwing a fit.

But alas, 'tis the Young Bucks.

Its not the first to happen. The same thing happened with Road Dogg a while back where a fan said something and Roadie took offense said something and blocked the fan.

Just been watching Summerslam 93 and was curious if Vince really had a plan on Luger winning the belt at the show.

Sure Mania X was Bret's time but they could have played a storyline where Bret remembers the previous years Mania at the conference when he got knocked out.

Would Luger have stayed in 95 if he had been given the belt?

House shows had a brief resurgence around this time. Because they'd been in the down period for more than a year at this point, Vince felt like they should ride it out and wait until business was cold again to do the title change, which would possibly create another shot in the arm. Luger had been negotiating with WCW for months in '95 and I don't know that it would have mattered. Most big WCW names who jumped -- Luger, Flair, Steiners -- you'll notice ended up wanting to go back. WCW had a more manageable schedule and guaranteed contracts. Luger on a contract with no downside had to be odd, considering that he'd had that since 1987.

WCW from 1995 - 96 (ish) before the NWO thing happenned seemed a bit of a what if WWF 93.

Back when Luger had the Lex Express bus it was obvious Vince was trying to make him like the next Hulk Hogan with the slam thing, always wondered what would happen if Luger won the belt then Hogan came in to challenge him and that seems where WCW came in doing the match on Nitro but not only that doing stuff like Savage/Flair rematches from their WWF run. Over the years we were getting biuts like Perfect/Flair, Perfect/Bret or even Luger/Razor.

WCW 95 to me seemed a bit like what if WWF didnt go down the New Generation era as there was quite a few WWF matches they did down there. Even WCW in the 2000s went as far as to do Bret/Hogan vs Flair/Luger!

Does anyone else find the commentators table spot tiresome in WWE main events?

It happens in every PPV main event no matter the magnitude of the event or the match itself, plus it happens on RAW and SDL every so often too which makes it even more pointless.

The SAT need to come out of retirement and address that shit.

Does anyone else find the commentators table spot tiresome in WWE main events?

It was a tired spot by 1999.

True, but I don't think there's been a time between then and now where it's as frequent as its become now.

Literally in every single main event there's the announcers table spot.

So its $9.99 for a membership fee and then $14.99 for each individual event live stream?

No thank you.

The way I read it ( and I could be wrong ) is that you pay $9.99/ month and you get all the video on demand. Live events are half-off or something, but they go into the VOD library two weeks after they happen.

Is that right?

Also, anyone who @s a wrestler to rip them should fuck off.

But that's the fun part of Twitter!

Especially when they respond.

I think the Bucks responded to something of mine once, though I can't imagine I would've @ them since I was even less familiar with them when this happened. I can only assume I responded to someone's else post where they were already @.

Its not the first to happen. The same thing happened with Road Dogg a while back where a fan said something and Roadie took offense said something and blocked the fan.

I've been blocked by:

Bubba Ray Dudley: He was doing his usual "you marks don't know anything" routine and I gave right back to him. He's one of those can who dish it out but can't take it. With that said, I was harsh, so I understand it.

Tama Tonga: He was bashing JR's commentary on Twitter instead of being a man about it and approaching JR personally. I cannot stand this millennial bullshit where kids feel they have to air their shit out on social media instead of man-to-man. He blocked me. Isn't Haku his dad? I may be wrong on that. Either way, wow, can you imagine Haku blocking anyone on Twitter like a 12-year-old girl? I can understand "working" on Twitter, but coming across as so soft, thin-skinned, and unprofessional seems counter to his Tongan tough man gimmick IMO.

Ryback: Shrugs. Your guess is as good as mine on this one. I only ever tweeted complimentary things about him. Too much IcoPro? What a knucklehead, lol.

If it sounds like I'm holding a grudge over any of this, I'm not. In case you can't tell, I'm mostly laughing.

I've also had cool interactions on Twitter with Dolph, Vader (even though we were disagreeing), Rip Rogers, and a few others.

To me, Twitter is all in good fun. I don't take any of it too seriously. Most of these wrestlers are "working" on Twitter, so there's no point taking offense to the Bucks or even Meltzer (he's working a gimmick too IMO, just not a good one).