Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

Bubba Ray Dudley: He was doing his usual "you marks don't know anything" routine and I gave right back to him. He's one of those can who dish it out but can't take it. With that said, I was harsh, so I understand it.

Tama Tonga: He was bashing JR's commentary on Twitter instead of being a man about it and approaching JR personally. I cannot stand this millennial bullshit where kids feel they have to air their shit out on social media instead of man-to-man. He blocked me. Isn't Haku his dad? I may be wrong on that. Either way, wow, can you imagine Haku blocking anyone on Twitter like a 12-year-old girl? I can understand "working" on Twitter, but coming across as so soft, thin-skinned, and unprofessional seems counter to his Tongan tough man gimmick IMO.

Ryback: Shrugs. Your guess is as good as mine on this one. I only ever tweeted complimentary things about him. Too much IcoPro? What a knucklehead, lol.

Pretty funny stuff indeed. :) This should be a thread in itself !

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a nice back and forth with Sabu via Twitter when I asked him about Dave McKigney. He can't spell to save his life, but he is actually pretty pleasant to fans on Twitter, as long you are respectful to him. He comes across as legitimately appreciative of fans. When I told him I used to drive down to Buffalo from Toronto because it was the only way to see ECW live, he actually thanked me.

The first indie show I ever went to with Sabu on it (he fought Scott D'Amore and the show also featured a pre-WWF Edge and Christian as Sexton Hardcastle and Christian Cage) the promoter told me that Sabu would not speak with fans at all or sign autographs (not that I wanted one.) Back then he never cut promos or appeared out of character. His snarky and dickish behavior towards fans was pretty legendary at one point, no doubt modeled after his uncle's attitude towards fans.

He eventually softened his stance on autographs, as he was selling autographed pieces of a broken table at another indie show I went to a couple of years later. Now he does podcasts and shoot interviews all the time, gives autographs, poses for pictures, answers questions and interacts with fans on Twitter. His attitude regarding interacting with fans has really changed over the years. Hell, he gives fans high fives on his way to the ring now. When he first broke in, if you touched him, he would literally attack you.

I know the main reason he has mellowed out is for financial reasons - he makes money selling autographed merchandise now, but I get the impression he is generally a more relaxed person now. Perhaps because of the copious amount of pot he smokes.

For the record, yes...I was the high vote for Sabu in the GWE.

I've been blocked by Chris Jericho, Michael Elgin, The Honky Tonk Man and... Rovert (lol).

Elgin blocked me after I made fun of his spelling & clowned his physical stature ("your (sic) not funny"). Jericho blocked me after I posted screenshots of him trying to defend Bill DeMott after his shit with the students. Honky Tonk Man blocked me because I said I think it'd be fun to just sit and listen to him verbally shit on people all night long since that's all his shoot interviews are. That one was kind of confusing.

Surprised Dave Meltzer or Jim Ross haven't blocked me yet.

I was just checking the FITE TV website for the RIZIN listings for next week and they have EVOLVE listed on their calendar, so if you don't want to pay for the $9.99 for their VOD and then pay for the live events, you can just order the live events from FITE TV for $14.99.

That doesn't really make sense for why anyone would do that though, the $9.99 gives you access to their entire back catalog and the live event on top of that is only $5 so with FITE TV you'd pay the exact same price for one show as you would for one show at the WNN Club without the hundreds of back catalog shows.

I was just checking the FITE TV website for the RIZIN listings for next week and they have EVOLVE listed on their calendar, so if you don't want to pay for the $9.99 for their VOD and then pay for the live events, you can just order the live events from FITE TV for $14.99.

That doesn't really make sense for why anyone would do that though, the $9.99 gives you access to their entire back catalog and the live event on top of that is only $5 so with FITE TV you'd pay the exact same price for one show as you would for one show at the WNN Club without the hundreds of back catalog shows.

For some reason I thought you had to pay $9.99 + the $14.99 for the PPV's... Never mind, move on then...

Honestly, I think a hypothetical company could still charge 30 bucks for PPV, but they would need to put on a PPV card worth paying $30 for. There haven't been that many of those type of cards in recent years...

I kind of think that Omega/Jericho match on PPV could do okay with a $30 price tag. I'm getting asked about it by super casual fans.

yeah, i don't think Omega vs Jericho would lose money on PPV.

I think if a company were to use a tv program and build to a legit blockbuster show on PPV every 8-12 weeks and charge $30 to $35, that's a sustainable model even now I think. I think PPV was hurt by over saturation. Before the WWE network came around, you had WWE running medicore shows on PPV every 3 weeks for 40 bucks and UFC running mediocre shows every 5 weeks for 50. Neither of those is sustainable. Now UFC is running mediocre shows once every 4 weeks on PPV for 60 bucks.

If anyone is looking to pick up any of the last couple of Bola tournaments cheap you can get them for $30 on High Spots. It also mixes with the sale which gets you another $4.50 off. It will work with this year's tournament if you pick it through the special. I got it for like $25 because I cashed in some points too.

Is this just carny bs all around?

Former WWE Champion "Psycho" Sid Vicious cancelled a scheduled appearance this weekend, and is blaming President Donald Trump's travel ban.

The Absolute Intense Wrestling promotion out of Ohio announced today that Sid has cancelled his scheduled appearance at tonight's event in Cleveland.

According to the statement released on the official AIW Facebook and Twitter pages, Sid cited Trump's travel ban as the reason for his cancellation. Check out the complete statement below.

"We have some bad news to report. Our greatest fears have come true,Sid did not board his flight this morning. After several phone calls he finally answered when we used Swoggle's phone to call.

Sid claimed Donald Trump's travel ban prevented him from boarding his flight to Cleveland this morning because of an unpaid speeding ticket and he claimed this is new government policy since he didn't have his passport even though he was traveling within the United States and is a United States Citizen. We recorded his cancelation call just so there is proof of all this and we we will do our best to play the audio tonight or on a future episode of our podcast.

We apologize to all of the fans who were excited to meet Sid tonight and unfortunately this is something 100% out of our control. We invested quite a bit of money in this appearance and we have now lost out on close to $1,000 we will never get back on airline tickets, hotels, and merchandise we had made for Sid.

We are going to try and do our best to find a replacement and plan on spending the rest of the day making phone calls and trying to get somebody there to replace Sid."