Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm on show 2 of PWG. I'm really enjoying the promotion so far. The matches get a little ridiculous but that's part of the charm. I really like the announcers for PWG. They do a really good job of mixing humor while putting the talent and company over.

From the start? As in 2003

No, I just started with the first show of 2017 and am moving my way forward.

I'm on show 2 of PWG. I'm really enjoying the promotion so far. The matches get a little ridiculous but that's part of the charm. I really like the announcers for PWG. They do a really good job of mixing humor while putting the talent and company over.

Excalibur is the greatest commentator in this business.

Excalibur is the greatest commentator in this business.

Yes he is.

I really enjoyed the Bucks vs. Fenix/Pentagon vs. Ricochet/Sydal match from Good Boys Don't Play Rock n Roll. Pentagon and Fenix stopping and putting their masks correctly on the Bucks heads had me rolling for no particular reason. Also, they did that same spot that someone posted a gif of them doing at an RoH show. It didn't look anywhere near as bad because they used better shots of it.

Also, loving this Chuck Taylor run. Taylor trying to be more serious and a legit main event wrestler has been very compelling so far.

Isn't it down to him and Super Dragon?

Im not totally positive about what the current structure is. I think the Bucks are office there somehow now, too.
That wouldn't surprise me. I want to say Joey Ryan sold his share when he was first signed to TNA, but he may have just been giving up office duties.

I really enjoyed the Bucks vs. Fenix/Pentagon vs. Ricochet/Sydal match from Good Boys Don't Play Rock n Roll. Pentagon and Fenix stopping and putting their masks correctly on the Bucks heads had me rolling for no particular reason. Also, they did that same spot that someone posted a gif of them doing at an RoH show. It didn't look anywhere near as bad because they used better shots of it.

Also, loving this Chuck Taylor run. Taylor trying to be more serious and a legit main event wrestler has been very compelling so far.

Chuck in 2017 is a great ride. Like I had said earlier, I think they just had to go through some awkward stuff until the crowd caught on that he is a serious man now.

Isn't it down to him and Super Dragon?

Im not totally positive about what the current structure is. I think the Bucks are office there somehow now, too.
That wouldn't surprise me. I want to say Joey Ryan sold his share when he was first signed to TNA, but he may have just been giving up office duties.
I think that is true. He owns BAR Wrestling now, which runs at the American Legion in Baldwin Park.

I wore a Manami Toyota shirt yesterday to a pro-choice rally in South Texas. Everyone kept complimenting it, for two hours, asking where they could get it, etc. Was so confused at how beloved Toyota appeared to be.

Then realized that the reason everyone kept praising it and wanting photos of it was because they thought it was Selena.

I have co-worker who watches wrestling. I told him Matt Riddle is a guy he'll be seeing in WWE in a couple of years if not this year and for some reason he always asks me if he has a Riddler gimmick even though I've told him multiple times that Riddle is actually his last name and not a nickname or a gimmick.

While looking up some matches about Kawada and akiyamas matches with each other in 1996 I realised those two never had a major singles match. According to Wrestling data they had 9 singles matches from 1993-1998 a few of which never made tape and five of which were before akiyamas ascension to being a main eventer.

Going back to the PWG show I watched a week or so ago. Good God that Marty Scurll vs. Jay White match sucked ass. If you told me they never invited Jay White back I wouldn't be surprised at all. The crowd was trying so hard to like that match too and it just wasn't happening,

I don't think you'll see him again. When they bomb out there, they usually don't come back. Happened to Jay Lethal, Chris Dickinson, and Brian Myers in the past few years just off the top of my head.