Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So been reading about the dark stuff that happened after Raw's big 25th anniversary show and Flair was saying it was a mistake to sign with WCW after 3 shows in the Manhattan centre.

If he had stayed with WWE where do you think he would have gone? What would happen in WCW cos Hogan/Flair isn't happening so does that mean no Hogan as I've heard Ric was a big part of Eric signing Hulk.

So been reading about the dark stuff that happened after Raw's big 25th anniversary show and Flair was saying it was a mistake to sign with WCW after 3 shows in the Manhattan centre.

If he had stayed with WWE where do you think he would have gone? What would happen in WCW cos Hogan/Flair isn't happening so does that mean no Hogan as I've heard Ric was a big part of Eric signing Hulk.

It is interesting to ponder because Flair thought he was going to work for Bill Watts. All the Hank Aaron stuff happened just as he was leaving WWF. If he'd waited on it a little longer and things made their natural course, who knows if he would have come back to work for someone with no track record in that kind of role.

If Hogan's '93 in the WWF happened exactly as it did with Flair still around, he still would've gone to WCW I think. I have no doubt that as things progressed, that Ric played a big part in him coming over, but I think Turner could have made things just as lucrative to him anyway.

As far as Flair in this alternate scenario, he probably would have ended up being devalued and jobbed out since Vince was seemingly determined to focus on the younger talent.

It is interesting to ponder because Flair thought he was going to work for Bill Watts. All the Hank Aaron stuff happened just as he was leaving WWF. If he'd waited on it a little longer and things made their natural course, who knows if he would have come back to work for someone with no track record in that kind of role.

If Hogan's '93 in the WWF happened exactly as it did with Flair still around, he still would've gone to WCW I think. I have no doubt that as things progressed, that Ric played a big part in him coming over, but I think Turner could have made things just as lucrative to him anyway.

As far as Flair in this alternate scenario, he probably would have ended up being devalued and jobbed out since Vince was seemingly determined to focus on the younger talent.

Who would have been the big money for Hogan in WCW if Flair doesn't go? Im guessing Randy Savage wouldn't have turned up unless Hogan was there.

Flair is a liar. First Raw and it was at the Mahattan Center was January 11th. On the 18th he had that loser leaves town match. It was one week.

Flair is a liar. First Raw and it was at the Mahattan Center was January 11th. On the 18th he had that loser leaves town match. It was one week.

He wasn't on the first Raw. He had that match with Tito week 2 and the Hennig match was week 3.

He wasn't on the first Raw. He had that match with Tito week 2 and the Hennig match was week 3.

Yeah, and week 2 & 3 were both taped on the 18th.

Actually, I read the three shows as three months, so I was way off. Although, I think he knew he was leaving before the first Raw, so the whole thing is moot.

Looks like 2/10/1993 was Flair's last appearance. Looks like his last series of matches was a tour of Germany.

I think from the Rumble it's clear he was leaving. I wonder when he decided?

You would have to think mid December by the latest. You figure he gives 6 weeks notice, that's around Christmas and goes through the Germany tour and gives them a couple of weeks to do the Hennig match.

I seem to recall David Starr having a tryout with ROH earlier this year that everyone thought poorly of. Months later everyone seemed to be speaking of him as a indy hidden gem. Was there anything in particular that led to the 180 in opinons?

Starr was probably the best wrestler in 2017, hadn't really seen him before 2017, so not sure the negative stuff.

Who would have been the big money for Hogan in WCW if Flair doesn't go? Im guessing Randy Savage wouldn't have turned up unless Hogan was there.

Perhaps Vader? Keep the belt on him until he arrives in the middle of 1994 and a properly planned-out program with those two could have done well for the company. But I think given some of these alternate scenarios we're looking at it Flair stayed he wouldn't have been around too long anyway.

Even though in execution it was poor it was a no-brainer for WCW to capitalize on making Hogan/Flair a main attraction once they signed him.

Let me see if I have any Observers from around then. I would imagine he knew well before January. It looks like he hung around until February doing jobs on house shows.

I suppose if Flair had stayed they might of had a Hart/Flair Wrestlemania match thats if plans changed so Bret wins the rumble instead of bagging the belt in october.

I'll be interested to see if David Starr gets a second chance. It sounds like his match with Fred Yehi kind of bombed.

Thats too bad. I love both of those dudes. Starr has been so good everywhere else.

Yehi has a style that doesn't translate super well in PWG (neither Thatcher or Gulak did well either) so this may just be a case of Starr being stuck with the wrong opponent.

Hopefully he gets another shot with Trevor Lee or Joey Janela or something.

I'll be interested to see if David Starr gets a second chance. It sounds like his match with Fred Yehi kind of bombed.

Thats too bad. I love both of those dudes. Starr has been so good everywhere else.

Yehi has a style that doesn't translate super well in PWG (neither Thatcher or Gulak did well either) so this may just be a case of Starr being stuck with the wrong opponent.

Hopefully he gets another shot with Trevor Lee or Joey Janela or something.

He and Janela should just recreate the Beyond shitshow match they had on NYE over in Reseda. It would be insane.