Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV Oct 10-16

goc

We are now officially on the road for surely what is going to be one of the most infamous WWE matches of 2016! People thought Shane/Taker was going to have Dave Copperfield levels of smoke and mirrors-- I expect Goldberg/Lesnar to have more smoke than a hooka bar on fire. I haven't been a fan of HIAC in a long time. I really hope Sasha isn't the one who does the big cage dive this go around. Its one thing to cosplay Eddie Guerrero at times, but cosplaying Mick Foley is all sorts of bad.

Don't see them letting anyone dive off the cage if for any other reason than it steals Shane's thunder from Mania.

I do hope the Goldberg segment pops a huge rating just because all the hand wringing about what that means will amuse me.

Don't see them letting anyone dive off the cage if for any other reason than it steals Shane's thunder from Mania.

I do hope the Goldberg segment pops a huge rating just because all the hand wringing about what that means will amuse me.

I would expect it to do one. I've sort of come around on that. It's not at all what I want to see, but there is an audience for it. Once.

Goldberg popping a rating and convincing Vince to move away from the Rollins, Balor, Owens types on top would be quite hilarious. If Goldberg were to debut with the same act this year, would he end up being booed out of the building by all the types that will be cheering for him next Monday?

I figure he will be given the benefit of the doubt by the fans. but I don't think he is going to get the Sting kind of reaction where they accept him regardless. If Brock vs Goldberg is a really bad match I figure that Brock isn't the one who is going to get the blame for it.

To me the most interesting part of this match is the backstage stuff of the two trying to set up the match. I mean if Brock wasn't going to do shit for Dean Ambrose at Wrestlemania I can only guess the level of cooperation for Goldberg. I know he wanted to have this match for his kids but Goldberg hasn't backed down before and I can't see him now.

I'm not sure why everyone is immediately assuming this match is going to be bad. It's not like Goldberg has been in a nursing home for the last 12 years, and everyone seems to have forgotten their last match was shit on largely because word got out that both guys were leaving.

I'm not expecting them to have a five star classic, but I'm sure they can work enough magic to have a decent brawl type match. My concern is if they can actually build Goldberg up as a threat to current fans who never heard of him.

I'm not sure why everyone is immediately assuming this match is going to be bad. It's not like Goldberg has been in a nursing home for the last 12 years, and everyone seems to have forgotten their last match was shit on largely because word got out that both guys were leaving.

I'm not expecting them to have a five star classic, but I'm sure they can work enough magic to have a decent brawl type match. My concern is if they can actually build Goldberg up as a threat to current fans who never heard of him.

And who they might sacrifice to him to do so?

And who they might sacrifice to him to do so?

I thought there was a chance he was going to Strowman's real competition on Monday.

I'm actually really looking forward to Sasha vs. Charlotte in the Cell. We know these two can deliver in spades, and I'm really excited to see what they do to amp that up. Could be match of the night.

In other news, Rusev is now silently applying for taking on the role of Wolverine, now that Hugh Jackman is throuh with it.

I'm actually really looking forward to Sasha vs. Charlotte in the Cell. We know these two can deliver in spades, and I'm really excited to see what they do to amp that up. Could be match of the night.

In other news, Rusev is now silently applying for taking on the role of Wolverine, now that Hugh Jackman is throuh with it.

I really can't see the Sasha-Charlotte match being enhanced by HiaC stips. Feels like they need a Bull Nakano or even Awesome Kong to get any value from it.

I can't speak for everyone, but I remember being very hyped up for that match and being very let down by the actual content when it first aired, which was also before I was "in the know" on backstage happenings so I didn't have that context. It was just straight up not a good match.

I'm not saying they couldn't have a good match, but the idea that they didn't phone it in the first time doesn't jive with my experience.

I watched that match again when the Network first came out and the match did not start out bad. Golberg & Lesnar started slow to build a "Clash of the titans" type feel, the way it should have. But the crowd had already made up their mind they were going to shit on the match and were heavily doing so and since Golberg & Lesnar both knew they weren't coming back they pretty much just said "fuck it then, why entertain these assholes?" and I don't really blame them.

SDL being on a hamster wheel with AJ/Ambrose and Ziggler/Miz heading into third rounds seems a bit tedious to me. Ziggler really needed to lose on Sunday (and come back at Rumble) and, playing Monday morning QB, considering the big main event at Survivor Series, you really could've run AJ/Kane with Bryan using his "pull" to make his old partner the number one contender (Ofcourse, this would go against the idea that Kane kayfabe ended Bryan's title reign in 2014, but since when does storyline continuity ever come into play with Kane?).

Miz fending off midcard challengers or heading up a mixed Survivors team with Maryse and Usos against Swagger, Lynch, and Hyoe Bros would've been okay with me and could've led to some easy booking (Miz vs. Ryder, Maryse vs. Lynch, etc. aren't MOTYs but they would be fine as fun TV filler)