Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania

goodhelmet

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a dope sendoff. I'm glad this is it for Taker, dude deserves to rest after all he's given to the company.

The match never picked up for me, I liked the idea of the they were going for but the execution was just meh. I'm not sure Taker could have a much better match with anyone though.

I wished the Undertaker had some kind of supernatural sendoff, but I guess this will do. Not a big fan of watching him overstaying his welcome the last few years, that match was just sad at points. I was a huge fan of Taker in the 90's, so I guess that's the last of my original favourites who goes into retirement. Well, he well deserves it.

And I deserve to rest, it's 6:20 in the morning.

It was fun. And not so fun. But mostly fun.

i kind of admire Vince's hard-headedness at this point. This is a man on a mission that is never going to succeed. Anyone else would have put down the sail a while ago, but not Vince.

The show was both longer and better than I expected. Final time was 7 hours and 12 minutes. Nothing was really that bad either.

I haven't seen a guy run out of gas in a match like that since... Taker at last year's Mania.

A solid ending, but a match like this and Brock/Goldberg show that the McMahons still know how to build sets and envision matchups on a marquee, but aren’t bothering to tell stories with nuance or memorable detail. This was performed the way you’d recall this match if you saw glimpses of it in a dream, or were anecdotally describing it to someone ten years from now. I might feel differently if I was more of a Taker fan, but like the Brock win it seems like the mere delivery of a foregone conclusion, without the unforgettable hooks that make such matches more than mere fanfare.

Still, at home from afar, I liked the show in spite of its flaws and dismal length. (If they're trying to be Orlando fun for the whole family, should they really be ending at midnight?) Some good individual performances (Styles, Hardys, Charlotte, Alexa, Roman) that offer hope for the future.

Shit... I left before the farewell. What happened ?

Taker slowly took off his gloves. Then his coat. Then his hat. Left them folded in middle of ring.

Then he kissed McCool at the barrier, and slowly walked up the ramp.

It was pretty great.

Also, he looked like he was crying.

As good as a Taker match could be at this point, with the fine Reigns heeling up and working around Taker's limitations. But I was not feeling the whole pathetic "Sorry I love you" kinda stuff at the end. It should have ended with the mercy killing much earlier, after the chairshots. Some of it was just sad to watch. Taker just did a few matches too many.

That was so forced. I fucking hated it. It was drama with no soul. Completely hollow. At least HBK's day time soap opera level of acting made sense in the context of his WM24 match against Flair. The same cannot be said for this. The stakes weren't high enough. Is this how Taker really wanted to go out? Some slub fake crying and regrettable offense, etc.?

Is it just me, or did anyone else feel that the marriage proposal would have worked better if Cena and Bella lost the match?

BTW, I believe it was legit.

9ir3uq.jpg

...but yeah me too. I think a lot of people did which is why the arena was so flat as people LEGIT didn't want to be disrespectful (or some shit). It was just too corny and John Cena as a character has jumped the final shark in my book.

Yeah the show took a shit right after the mixed tag. I knew it was going to be bad--but BOY! did WWE pull out all the stops. Naomi winning and Goldberg/Lesnar were nice, but God surely turned his back on the earth as we were left to pay for our sins by enduring HHH/Rollins and Orton/Wyatt. Rollins/HHH had a story based around Rollins bad/questionable knee and yet Rollins was working like he was in a 2007 ROH main event with no issues at all. Who the hell attempts deadlift powerbombs on a bum knee? What about the attempting the same move that put him on the shelf? This match was not worked smart at all and because of that, it pulled me out a number of times as the knee became a forced narrative that went completely against what Rollins was trying to present the majority of the match.

The less said about the 0-3 Mania record of Wyatt, the better. This one was the worse of all.

We could have had Charlotte vs Bayley or Sasha vs Bayley main event this show guys. Y'all laughed at me.

Have we had Charlotte v Becky on ppv? Different brands now, but all it takes is a draft or a trade.

Looks like Charlotte feuds with Jax for a bit now, until Asuka comes up.