Pro Wrestling Only

Jim Breaks Arrested For Beating Wife To Death

Beast

It has less to do with pro-wrestling being full of awful people and more to do with the high level of domestic violence and women dying in the hands of their husband/partner in general. Earth is full of awful people, sadly.

(that being said, here's one more guy I don't want to watch)

Ex wife. Don't make it sound worse than it is ;)

Disgusting response.

Yeah, to be sure. I don't even ...

Get a grip. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

I will, because of this post, never ever consider buying a single DVD from you. I assume I am not alone in this. I will encourage everyone I know who buys DVDs to stop buying from you. It may not cost you a single sale... but hopefully it might lead you to reconsider the balance between showing some class and trying to get a cheap laugh in the future. In my opinion you were way, way, way off this time.

And, like El-P, I can't imagine ever enjoying a Breaks match again. I used to be able to enjoy watching pro wrestling and the NFL as a kind of pure innocent pleasure without ever giving a thought to the human damage being done. Those days are, sadly, long gone.

If I'm going to be objective Jim Breaks is the greatest British pro wrestler of all-time. Why he he had an ex-wife who was 33 years younger than him is one of those things that feels wrong right off the bat. How a situation like this could occur, faculties about him or not, just reinforces that doubt. Just awful all around.

It has less to do with pro-wrestling being full of awful people and more to do with the high level of domestic violence and women dying in the hands of their husband/partner in general. Earth is full of awful people, sadly.

(that being said, here's one more guy I don't want to watch)

It's the whole Benoit debate again (and so close to the ten years' anniversary of that tragedy) where we have to ask ourselves if wrestling for so many years and taking so many bumps played a role in the tragedy. I do not know a lot of details of this incident and Breaks's mental state, and in any case I do not have any appetite for having that entire debate again, but I do not think it is something that can be discounted.

It's the whole Benoit debate again (and so close to the ten years' anniversary of that tragedy) where we have to ask ourselves if wrestling for so many years and taking so many bumps played a role in the tragedy. I do not know a lot of details of this incident and Breaks's mental state, and in any case I do not have any appetite for having that entire debate again, but I do not think it is something that can be discounted.

I coined the term "Post Benoit workrate guilt", so that should tell you all about what I think of this debate. Tons of pro-wrestlers have taken way too much bumps, taken way too many chemicals and drank way too much. The percentage of those who went on and killed a woman is quite low, all things considered. Although some of them still are portrayed as heroes in 2017 (brutha).

A woman dies every three days because of domestic violence (in my country, guess it's not much better in the US), so whether a guy took "too much bumps" or not is irrelevant to me. It's the whole patriarchal system that is beating on (and killing) women. Criminal assholes are just that.

Very much agree with Goodhelmet. There is a large difference between what Benoit did, and what could (stressing COULD) be at play here if Mr. Breaks is suffering from Alzheimer's or some other age related brain condition. My Grandmother was the nicest lady you'd ever meet and in her last days she was biting and punching at the people that were attempting to give her care in the nursing home.

I've never seen the man wrestle, so I don't care about his legacy or anything like that. I just wanted to point out that like what happened with Verne Gagne, this is very different than Benoit. If Jim Breaks is in full control of his mental facilities... then Fuck Him.