Pro Wrestling Only

WWW TV Oct 16-Oct 22

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mahal is not a "I hate that guy I want him to lose" heel, which is what heels should be. He's more of a 2004 JBL "I hate that guy I'm changing the channel he bores me call me when someone interesting is champ" heel. Which is NOT a good thing.
Jinder may bring ratings in India but sure as hell doesn't do anything for USA Network.

Since I only watch occasionally, I will ask the question. Is there a babyface that they are purposely keeping him away from that you see beating him eventually? Where is Jinder as champ ultimately going? Do you get the feeling they have a clue?

I would have assumed after the India tour, Corbin would have sneaked it away from him with the case, if he didn't end up in the doghouse for doubting the WWE doctor or whatever.

Now? I don't know. Shane?

Since I only watch occasionally, I will ask the question. Is there a babyface that they are purposely keeping him away from that you see beating him eventually? Where is Jinder as champ ultimately going? Do you get the feeling they have a clue?

I would assume AJ goes after him once SS is over, with the next PPV being after teh indian tour, so he can relieve us all form this reign of terror, once that tour is over.

I'd personally love that booking

But I also believe AJ will take the title in December/January. They ran Nakamura vs. Jinder for two months and Jinder/Orton for what felt like 3 (maybe just 2?), so there's no reason to think they won't do the same here and have AJ win it before at the Rumble. Who challenges AJ for the title at Mania is a good question - on one hand, Owens has been booked strong enough for him to make a run for the title post-Rumble, but the AJ/Owens feud just wrapped up a few months back and it definitely didn't set the world on fire. Nakamura/Styles has been a "fanboy rumor" all year (and they've both said in interviews that they'd love to do it), but who knows how over Nak will be 2 months from now let alone 6.

If it was me personally booking WWE id have AJ Styles take the belt and work towards a Wrestlemania match with Styles vs Nakamura!

I loved their match at Wrestle Kingdom and would love to see it happen at a Wrestlemania.

Mahal is not a "I hate that guy I want him to lose" heel, which is what heels should be. He's more of a 2004 JBL "I hate that guy I'm changing the channel he bores me call me when someone interesting is champ" heel. Which is NOT a good thing.

To be fair, on the internet this is literally what people say every time they don't like someone & want to justify disliking him. So it has lost its meaning over the years. Same as the infamous X-Pac Heat.

So I wonder what is going on with the Rotunda family, Bo apparently has been sick to the point that Bray (and Jo Jo) was off TV the last two weeks because of it. It would seem that it must be something fairly serious for him to miss the last two shows prior to a PPV he had a highly pushed match at.

Maybe Bray's just as embarrassed as the rest of us of the Sister Abigail shit and is in hiding until the PPV. I just hope it's nothing too bad for Bo since I've been getting a kick out of his Miztourage character.

It's been reported as viral meningitis and Bray and JoJo are being kept at home as a precaution in case they've contacted it too. Take it with a pinch of salt because who knows but it's better than the fears where my mind was running to when there was nothing at all being reported.

To echo what others are saying, I was personally hoping it was AJ. Apparently they started the ball rolling in that direction on Smackdown this week, but I missed the show.

As far as where Jinder as champ is ultimately going, who could say? By every estimable metric I can think of, he's been an absolute bust as champion. The fans still chant "WHAT?" during his promos, which indicates they are not invested in his character, and his matches have been mediocre at best and total shit at worst. Years ago, I would have assumed that Vince would look at how he is doing as champ, do the math and get that belt (sorry I mean Championship) off him ASAP.

However, this is the newer "I know what you want even if you clearly indicate you don't want it, and I'm going to cram it down your throat whether you like it or not until you learn to like it, or stop watching and stop showing up at the arena and if you do it's not my fault" version of Vince McMahon. So in this case, I assume Jinder will be champion for years to come with no end in sight.

I was thinking about this the other day. There are so many "unappreciated" or underutilized wrestlers that some fans dream of getting a big push and making it big. Guys who are supposedly "held back." This is one of the rare cases where McMahon elevated somebody who went on to demonstrate with no doubt that he had been exactly where he belonged on the card before he got pushed. 3MB is pretty much perfect for Jinder Mahal, as far as I'm concerned.

Yea, I think it's telling how much even the "Don't Hinder Jinder" crowd that looked at him as at least something fresh has quieted down in recent months on Reddit and elsewhere. It's one thing to want the WWE to give people opportunities, but usually that's supported by glimmers of greatness. In Jinders case, it's not like he was stealing the show on the house show circuit or amazing anyone on the B-shows. I think the only compliment you can give Jinder is that he hasn't gotten actively worse in the spotlight, but he also hasn't gotten actively better. His matches against Orton and Nak were not main event quality matches - which isn't to say they were all-time duds, but compared to what we've seen out of Rusev, Cesaro, Sheamus, etc. in that same time frame, Mahals output is abysmal. I'm not even sure he's better than Corbin.

The only babyface he wrestled but didn't actually beat; John Cena. During his recent media tour in India he did a Q&A where he said he'd want Cena at Mania.

They've started building Jinder/AJ off AJ claiming Jinder's beat everyone but him, though Jinder did pin AJ back in May the week before he won the title.

Weekly YouTube round-up.

Raw Top 5
1. The Shield match their entrance together for the first time in 3 years - 3.6m views
2. Kane Returns; Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman - Steel Cage Match - 3.4m
3. The Shield arrive on Raw looking for a fight - 2.3m
4. Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose vs. Cesaro & Sheamus - 1.1m
5. Kurt Angle raises the stakes for Raw's Steel Cage Match - 956k

Raw Bottom 3
3. Cedric Alexander vs. Gentleman Jack Gallagher - 121k
2. Asuka makes her Raw debut this Sunday at WWE TLC - 96k
1. Mickie James will have the last laugh at WWE TLC - 75k

Smackdown
1. AJ Styles interrupts Jinder Mahal's challange to Brock Lesnar - 1.4m
2. Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens confront Daniel Bryan - 778k
3. Nakamura & Orton battle Owens & Zayn - 680k