Pro Wrestling Only

PWO 1988 - 1992 Draft Discussion

LowBlowPodcast

Hypothetically, Can we draft talent that was inactive or part or all of the 4 years but wrestled before and after the the time period so like is Samantha eligible for example? Do we need to draft managers? For tag teams is there a minimum number of matches they had to have had together? Can we draft 6 man teams?

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hypothetically, Can we draft talent that was inactive or part or all of the 4 years but wrestled before and after the the time period so like is Samantha eligible for example? Do we need to draft managers? For tag teams is there a minimum number of matches they had to have had together? Can we draft 6 man teams?

If they worked during the time... They're eligible.

50 matches for tag teams.

50 matches for six man as well then. You just give up your three picks to get them.

If you want a manager you have to draft them.

I think for three-man teams, it should be pretty clear that they were PRIMARILY a three-man team. So, maybe the Freebirds and Von Erichs and some of the famous Lucha trios teams where working together was kind of their main deal... but not, like, Misawa, Kawada, and Kobashi as a trio.

Even though Misawa & Kawada and Miasawa & Kobashi had a ton of matches as team-mates and won belts together and stuff, I felt like, looking at their careers, nobody would think of them as first and foremost tag wrestlers... So I considered trying to draft them as a team in the 3rd round, but rejected it as too "cheap" (Holy Demon Army might have been reasonable... But they don't team together as such until '93).

Hope that makes sense and seems fair.

Surely people want to use up three picks for the Desperadoes.

According to CageMatch, Black Bart, Deadeye Dick & Dutch Mantel only had 8 matches together :lol:

The Moondogs on the other hand...

(Did you know that Deadeye Dick was Moondog Rex? I did not know that)

... and now I am wondering if the Michael Hayes, Jimmy Garvin & Brad Armstrong version of the Freebirds had more than 50 matches together.

Surely people want to use up three picks for the Desperadoes.

According to CageMatch, Black Bart, Deadeye Dick & Dutch Mantel only had 5 matches together :lol:

The Moondogs on the other hand...

(Did you know that Deadeye Dick was Moondog Rex? I did not know that)

50 days in the desert looking for Stan Hansen though!

I have to challenge the Inoki/Fujimami pick.

Looking at Cagematch, they have nowhere close to 50 tag matches in the allotted period (88-92). There's probably 50 pure 2 vs. 2 tag matches sprinkled from 1979-1989, but the vast majority are 3 on 3.

I feel like that kind of goes against the spirit of the tag team rule, but I'm not a big Japan guy so if everyone agrees that Inoki/Fujinami is legit, I don't have a problem.

Just looking for a little discussion.

I have to challenge the Inoki/Fujimami pick.

Looking at Cagematch, they have nowhere close to 50 tag matches in the allotted period (88-92). There's probably 50 pure 2 vs. 2 tag matches sprinkled from 1979-1989, but the vast majority are 3 on 3.

I feel like that kind of goes against the spirit of the tag team rule, but I'm not a big Japan guy so if everyone agrees that Inoki/Fujinami is legit, I don't have a problem.

Just looking for a little discussion.

I posted that exact thing on the draft thread. I think it is one or the other but not a team given the 50 match rule.