Pro Wrestling Only

PWO 1988 - 1992 Draft Discussion

LowBlowPodcast

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some questions about the keepers. (Never been in a fantasy league with keepers.

So let's say you don't have 5 guys worth keeping at the end of this. They've either retired, died, or massively gone downhill. Let's say you only want to keep 2 guys. Can you just keep 2, or do you have to find 5 to keep?

If you don't have to keep 5, where do your compensatory picks fall? I ask this because a lot of the keepers will probably become guys like Rockers Shawn Michaels, who blossoms into a potential first round pick in the 93-97 time frame. Which is great for the guys who picked people like him, but if you were someone who wasn't lucky enough to get a pick like that, and your compensatory picks don't come until the end of the regular draft, you are pretty much getting screwed for having chosen a roster with older guys, people who died or had other issues, or just having been unlucky with draft order.

May as well go with unlimited keepers, but the number you keep impacts when you get your first pick in the next draft.

So if I kept 1997 Shawn Michaels, 1997 Sting, 1996 Lex Luger, & 1993 Yokozuna, I wouldn't get a pick until round 5.

If you keep no one, you start picking from the non-keepers in round 1.

By the way, Papa Shango on the moon! Voodoo powers!! Fucking look out.

Instead of time travel, clones, or whatever, I think I settled on transferring the minds of the people from that time into bodies created on the moon, and will return to that exact moment in time with no memories after they are done on the moon... which this bodies may be special (ie real working voodoo, real earthquake power, etc....)

Unsettled on that, but .. it's an idea.

I hate all the keeper talk... it makes me change plans... although I feel good about what I have now... I feel great about what I have in the future with Hall and Nash along with Austin and Savage.

Can't believe Bad news was still around here... he is a main event level dude if used right and now I go back to the drawing board for 1989 Savage with a heel Dibiase and Bad News there but a babyface Ricky Steamboat waiting in the wings.