Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 2nd - 8th April 2018 (Wrestlemania Go Home Shows)

FMKK

I find it hard to rate a match too highly if I'm so disconnected from the participants involved.

This is exactly how I feel. If I don't care about the guys in the ring, I'm not going to rate it highly no matter what. Ditto if the match has no real storyline or stakes, or is a spot monkey fest.

With that said, I am open to being wowed by a wrestler or wrestlers I've never seen before. NXT is a perfect example of that. The one ROH show I attended (Supercard of Honor II), same thing.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how you don't have Sami/KO lose and have El Generico show up in the company with KO doing some masked interrupter for him gimmick maybe make him the new Friday?

Because its a lot easier to have them lose and just move them to Raw. They go out of their way to hammer home that they wont be allowed in a Smackdown arena if they lose.

Heyman is an interesting case because he's become a boring and stale on screen character but there's been talk that he's had a hand in the booking of both the Goldberg and Reigns feuds with Lesnar in the last year, both of which have been very successful. So he still has value in that sense. But it seems unlikely that he'd be able to bring those ideas unless they were about someone he was specifically tied to on-screen.

I think it is pretty clear after the failed attempts to pair him with other guys that Heyman is now only interested in being Brock's manager in WWE, and not much more than that. So when Brock goes, I think Heyman follows him out the door and we won't see either guy again until they are ready to come back together in the future, if it happens.

Strategically placed announcement obviously, and perhaps the final piece of the boo Lesnar, cheer Roman puzzle. History may repeat itself 14 years later for Lesnar

That's what I was thinking too. Roman will not get cheered at Mania (come on people, you know this ain't happening). Lesnar is leaving for UFC. That makes for an "interesting" dynamic for sure...

I wonder if this means Heyman is gone as well. Probably in the minority here but I hope not

I would've missed Heyman five years ago, but he's become dull, repetitive, and a shell of his former self.

I think Heyman still can go, but he needs another role, asap. How many times can you go out and hype the same match? Find him something other to do (manage someone other, this time with the full focus on them, and not 80% lesnar and 20% the other (Cesaro, Axel)) and he can create something great again. I really think it's the Lesnar stuff has dragged him down so much.

I wonder if this means Heyman is gone as well. Probably in the minority here but I hope not

I would've missed Heyman five years ago, but he's become dull, repetitive, and a shell of his former self.

I think Heyman still can go, but he needs another role, asap. How many times can you go out and hype the same match? Find him something other to do (manage someone other, this time with the full focus on them, and not 80% lesnar and 20% the other (Cesaro, Axel)) and he can create something great again. I really think it's the Lesnar stuff has dragged him down so much.

He doesn't want to do any of that though. I think people missed the fact that Heyman isn't into pro wrestling on the same level he once was. He has a lot going on his plate and he isn't going to want to waste time managing guys that may or may not get over. He knows Brock requires almost no work in hyping up, and they obviously have a great working relationship that goes beyond the televised role of "manager", so of course Heyman is interested in helping book Brock's stuff but he isn't like that with anybody else in the locker room. Cesaro failed not because Heyman kept hyping Lesnar, it failed because Heyman had nothing to do with Cesaro to begin with. He was dropped into the spot cold and it didn't work out. That was a lesson to Heyman to "stay in his lane" as Brock's associate rather than WWE employee.

Heyman has said he'd only stick around if paired with Ronda Rousey or Roman Reigns. If they were ever going to turn him heel, Reigns winning and being a duo with Heyman would be red hot. But as we know, that ain't happening.

Would smark crowds cheer Reigns because he's associated with Heyman though?

Heyman has said he'd only stick around if paired with Ronda Rousey or Roman Reigns. If they were ever going to turn him heel, Reigns winning and being a duo with Heyman would be red hot. But as we know, that ain't happening.

Maybe, but I don't think it matters.

But then what's the point of doing it when he already gets a mixed reaction?

I don't like the idea pairing of Heyman with Rousey either tbh

I find it hard to rate a match too highly if I'm so disconnected from the participants involved.

This is exactly how I feel. If I don't care about the guys in the ring, I'm not going to rate it highly no matter what. Ditto if the match has no real storyline or stakes, or is a spot monkey fest.

With that said, I am open to being wowed by a wrestler or wrestlers I've never seen before. NXT is a perfect example of that. The one ROH show I attended (Supercard of Honor II), same thing.

Is it not, in fact, the workers' job to make you connect with them if they fail on the overall fulfilment of that task does that not, in fact, make them there bad at there jobs. My personal view is yes

feel free to post your view if there run counter to mine as stated above

But then what's the point of doing it when he already gets a mixed reaction?

I don't like the idea pairing of Heyman with Rousey either tbh

As a fan? A more interesting take on his character. And hell, that could lead to full on cheers after a while, instead of a mixed reaction.

Listening to Cena on Chris Hardwick's ID10T Podcast and right around minute 28, he talks about how he is criticized for calling spots. He says he doesn't care that the fans "snarkily" watching at home or the fans in the first 6 rows can see him telling his opponent what to do or what he's going to do. He says he is trying to please the fans in Section 313.

I respect his honesty and that he calls it in the ring, but other wrestlers have called it in the ring without telegraphing as much as he has been doing, especially over the past 6 months. I mean, talk into your bicep, get the guy in a corner or a headlock and say something in his ear, do what you can if you can. At times, like the Rumble, Cena is literally dictating the match as its happening.

So far, 30 minutes in, this is a fascinating listen, though. Recommended for sure.

Listening to Cena on Chris Hardwick's ID10T Podcast and right around minute 28, he talks about how he is criticized for calling spots. He says he doesn't care that the fans "snarkily" watching at home or the fans in the first 6 rows can see him telling his opponent what to do or what he's going to do. He says he is trying to please the fans in Section 313.

So, fuck the guys on TV who are allowing you to get big time money (because the nig time money comes from TV fees) and fuck the guys who pay the most to come see you. Glad to see the old carny mentality of "d'em smart mark don't know shit, they ain't no workers" is still alive and well in 2018. Gotta love the populist approach at "working for the common man" too, in a weird kinda way. (although I'm not sure row 313 tickets are that cheap anyway)

So, fuck the guys on TV who are allowing you to get big time money (because the nig time money comes from TV fees) and fuck the guys who pay the most to come see you. Glad to see the old carny mentality of "d'em smart mark don't know shit, they ain't no workers" is still alive and well in 2018. Gotta love the populist approach at "working for the common man" too, in a weird kinda way. (although I'm not sure row 313 tickets are that cheap anyway)

the typical worker for is not humble and mark for himself Cena is worse than Bret in this department

Populist not really when he works with a promotion that is run anti by anti-populist anti-Union Neo-Liberals, yes he talking out his hole and not his mouth

Populist isn't a good thing, just saying. And really, don't turn every topic into politic stuff. The name is PWO for a reason. The politic & wrestling stuff have a place in the Industrial Suplex sub-forum for a reason. I wasn't making a political statement myself, it was, you know, a sort of a joke.