Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania 34

KawadaSmile

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is doing nothing for me. As sacreligious as it sounds I feel this would have been better in the middle of the show.

Part of the problem is just tiredness and it being hard to give everything full attention after so long.

But I also think that the whole match having not much build beyond being billed as a dream match means expectations end up being too high for them to live up to it.

It's actually really good, but it's too late on the card. It's not a big spectacle, it's just a damn good pro-wrestling match. And the setting asks for a big spectacle now.

This. Its very solid and they're doing things that would normally pop a crowd, but when these guys working submissions wake them up the most it suggests its the environment rather than the match. Not to say they're having any kind of classic, but its been a very good match.

But I also think that the whole match having not much build beyond being billed as a dream match means expectations end up being too high for them to live up to it.

Problem is that the whole "dream match" was overstated considering they already had a main event match at the Tokyo Dome, when Nak was younger, less banged up and working a way harder style. Ditto AJ. So it couldn't reach the same quality anyway in this context.

Problem is that the whole "dream match" was overstated considering they already had a main event match at the Tokyo Dome, when Nak was younger, less banged up and working a way harder style. Ditto AJ. So it couldn't reach the same quality anyway in this context.

Honestly, I thought that match was also very good rather than great.

It's actually really good, but it's too late on the card. It's not a big spectacle, it's just a damn good pro-wrestling match. And the setting asks for a big spectacle now.

When the build is WWE speak for workrate classic then its tough to live up to in this situation. Shouldve just been bomb throwing at this stage.

Wow, abrupt finish. Thought Nak would win

I'm actually not doing that bad. It's almost 5AM, but the show being at points really fucking great really has helped. Still could have cut out a bunch of stuff.

I was doing fine until about 45 minutes ago, now I am spent.

Strange booking having both Royal Rumble winners lose.

That's it?

Right guy won though.

Nakamura has been a colossal disappointment on the main roster.

I'd release him and put that money to good use. What a shame since he came in with so much promise and intrigue, but he has been the Japanese Lex Luger.