Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 05/07 - 05/13

KawadaSmile

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin Owens is talented and is really good sometimes, but he has some horrible bad habits and can really drag segments/matches on his bad days. His misses would be tolerable as a mid-carder but when he's been a main-event player most of the last two years it's not surprising he gets hated on. He had a twelve month period from September 2016-17 where he somehow managed to have multiple bad matches with AJ Styles, Roman Reigns AND Seth Rollins. I can't think of anyone else on the roster who's managed that.

He was good last night though.

Yeah have no problem with Russev beating Daniel Bryan. And it isn't the idea that do we really want to see him in a multi man ladder match so soon. It is more a multi man ladder match that includes Braun Strowman and probably Roman Reigns. No reason to put him in the match as just one of the guys

Besides if it wasn't about getting Braun and/or Reigns over for Brock AGAIN, Russev needs a MITB chance more than Bryan does

The crowd seemed rather stunned that Bryan lost which I guess was the right reaction. It got real quiet. Again huge win for Rusev here

It also only took 1 Machka Kick to finish the match, I think nowadays crowds expect way more for a finish on a main event. I'm glad they went this way though, no need for excess, just a clean simple W that Rusev really needed.

I was more curious about the camera focusing Bryan so much before fading to black, it seems they are gonna make a storyline out of him losing.

Separately, Bryan is doing a job way too early in his return and I'm not sure this was a wise match to book. Still though, considering that they did book it, it was the right result.

They made sure to mention, since the GRR, that he was getting banged up from the matches he was having. They also pointed out how fucked up he was from the match against Cass.

From a storytelling perspective, it made sense for him to lose. It's better to lose clean right now than in a bigger moment with huge buildup and no payoff.

Felt like "You all love Rusev so much but he jobs to everyone, so we're finally gonna put him over, but only against the other guy you all love". Kept expecting Cass to show up.

Seconding all the love for Ruby Riott. She has been really good for the last 5 years or so and has just kept on getting better. Amazing look, fantastic in the ring, always delivers on the mic. Really great promo leading into FastLane and she shined last night for sure, I wish she didn't take the fall there. Always thought of her as a great babyface but feel she's been a killer heel this run as well, greatness.

I really enjoy the new and more sane Daniel Bryan style. The table bump looked great, but was a pretty soft landing once again, and he's doing a lot more detail-oriented matwork than he had in a while. Terrific main event tonight. It wasn't a blowaway match that was a MOTYC or anything, but Bryan's performance was excellent.

Yeah, Bryan is all like grabbing peoples body parts and trying to put them in different holds. Its a little different from what WWE is doing right now so I enjoy it.

I liked the 205 match between Mustafa Ali and Buddy as well. There was a part where buddy gave Ali like 3 powerbombs in a row. After that, he was going to go for another powerbomb, and Ali kind of reversed it into something that was pile driver-like, where he drove Buddy's head into the mat. Anybody able to tell me what that move is called? Anyway, Mustafa Ali is another guy I really like watching right now. It's too bad he is stuck in what is basically treated like the jobber division competing for the pre-show belt.

Separately, Bryan is doing a job way too early in his return and I'm not sure this was a wise match to book. Still though, considering that they did book it, it was the right result.

I think it's perfect. His character is an underdog who just came back from a years long layoff. They had to give us the Mania and AJ matches to make us happy, but this is a realistic choice. And it helps both guys. Rusev gets a big win finally and it gives Bryan's character more depth.

I think it's perfect. His character is an underdog who just came back from a years long layoff. They had to give us the Mania and AJ matches to make us happy, but this is a realistic choice. And it helps both guys. Rusev gets a big win finally and it gives Bryan's character more depth.

It makes sense, yes, but I wish they'd move on from Bryan as scrappy underdog. I know they won't because it's how he's imprinted on their brains at this point. But I miss Bryan as the confident master wrestler.

My expectations were low but I was quite impressed by Mojo Rowlys promo on Raw. He was genuinely intense and actually come across as dangerous. Its my first time seeing him as a heel so the element of surprise helped. Hes certainly nothing much in the ring but I do see a little something there.

Look up the promos he was putting up on Twitter during the Ryder feud. Dude is a legitimately very strong heel promo.