Pro Wrestling Only

WWE looking in to Randy Orton allegations

sek69

From the WO site:

WWE is looking into claims that Randy Orton inappropriately touched himself in years past when meeting new writers. 

The allegations surfaced this week after a Reddit user revived a story told by Court Bauer during a 2012 edition of the MLW podcast (subscription needed). What follows is the transcription from that user:

"For every new writer that would show up, he come in the room, put his hand down his pants, pull out his d*ck, touch himself, then say "I'm Randy Orton, shake my hand. Oh, you dont want to shake my hand? You're big leaguing me? That's f**ked up man. Should I tell Vince and Steph you wont shake Randy Orton's hand?" 

The story went on that during those incidents, writers would continue to feel uncomfortable as Orton cut a promo on them while remaining exposed.

WWE released a brief statement to F4WOnline.com that they are "looking into the matter."

Bauer said he avoided the situation as Stephanie McMahon walked into the room at the time Orton was reaching into his pants. Bauer said the story was true when asked on Twitter Friday, adding in a separate tweet that has "no qualms" with Orton.

The 38-year-old has been with the company since he was signed to a developmental deal in 2000.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first heard the story, my first thought was "wow, this is a huge deal in this day & age, I wonder if anything will happen?" I was talking to my friend John & I told him about this story & said "if Twitter got a hold of this story, it would blow up." I'm glad to see that it's becoming a bigger deal because if there's truth the story, it should not just be overlooked, brushed under the rug or defended as a rib or "boys will be boys" bullshit.

Of course, WWE "looking into the manner" doesn't exactly instill any confidence in me but they can't play the ignorance card anymore at least. They've acknowledged it.

Wasn't he alleged to have shit in someone's bag, or was that some sleaze thread bullshit?

Also it's telling that when I read the story I both felt it was unbelievable that anyone would act like that, yet at the same time the exact kind of thing I would expect Randy Orton to do. 

32 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Wasn't he alleged to have shit in someone's bag, or was that some sleaze thread bullshit?

That became internet lore, but no one ever accused him of it (maybe some second hand versions based off of the rumors claim it happened).  He did what was mentioned above with the sun tan oil in the gym bag and it grew legs from there.   Honestly that's pretty harmless, albeit annoying.  Still rather have that than someone cut up my clothes like the Bulldogs used to do.

Has anything of consequence ever happen to him ever? Dude's whole life has been one thing after another that would have hindered or ended the careers of most people. I've never figured out why either. It's not like Randy's an Austin or Hogan level draw, does Cowboy Bob have dirt on Vince or something? 

Here's what's interesting to me. That's some fucked up shit. I get that it's a rib, but that's fucked up. 

By all accounts Orton now is a happily married guy who has chilled out and the worst thing he does now is fail at Twitter. But if WWE has to start "investigating " every old fucked up story from the past that pops up? There's gonna be hundreds! Wow, I can't wait for the Dildo Blender apology. 

27 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Here's what's interesting to me. That's some fucked up shit. I get that it's a rib, but that's fucked up. 

By all accounts Orton now is a happily married guy who has chilled out and the worst thing he does now is fail at Twitter. But if WWE has to start "investigating " every old fucked up story from the past that pops up? There's gonna be hundreds! Wow, I can't wait for the Dildo Blender apology. 

Is there a statute of limitations on waving your dong at co-workers? If WWE wants to be Corporate Pro Wrestling they are going to have to deal with shit like this. 

Plus I have a hard time believing a guy who's had a lifetime of consquence free misadventures is suddenly a chill dude because he got married. I mean, I'm sure he's grown past baby oiling people's bags, but that likely just means he moved on to ther methods.

3 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

I'm always surprised when stuff like this gets traction while Vince McMahon, who has been credibly accused of far worse, gets off scot-free.

Kinda how power works. The same way the part-timers in WWE who make the biggest paydays don't have to take drug tests like the rest of the roster that's on the road full-time. I'm sure someone will helpfully point out that's how life works, as if it's making some type of valid point. I'll pre-emptively respond that those double standards are indeed how life works but one can still think it's crappy and express that.

48 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Is there a statute of limitations on waving your dong at co-workers? If WWE wants to be Corporate Pro Wrestling they are going to have to deal with shit like this. 

Plus I have a hard time believing a guy who's had a lifetime of consquence free misadventures is suddenly a chill dude because he got married. I mean, I'm sure he's grown past baby oiling people's bags, but that likely just means he moved on to ther methods.

I'm not suggesting their should be a statute of limitations. If shitty behavior done on the job before you got your shit together comes back to bite you in the ass then so be it. No one's fault but yourself. 

But this idea that someone should always be judged by how they acted when they were young and entitled, especially in the wrestling biz is kinda fucked up. Only in fandom can people still judge people now for how they used to be. Shit, I still see people mad at Sean Micheals because he was an asshole 23 years ago. 

And I'd imagine that getting your shit together, getting married to a true love while inheriting a few step kids and a family dynamic can easily change someone. 

Yeah if the person realizes that he was an asshole during those days, I don't think he should be punished now for that unless it was something criminal.  By that logic, Shawn Michael would blackballed from wrestling and parts of society because of almost everything he did from 1995-1998 while hopped up on painkillers, alcohol, and god knows what other drugs

If Orton did this in the last 2 or 3 years, my opinion would definitely change because it is clear that douchebag Randy never really changed

1 hour ago, Charles (Loss) said:

Kinda how power works. The same way the part-timers in WWE who make the biggest paydays don't have to take drug tests like the rest of the roster that's on the road full-time. I'm sure someone will helpfully point out that's how life works, as if it's making some type of valid point. I'll pre-emptively respond that those double standards are indeed how life works but one can still think it's crappy and express that.

Sure, but plenty of guys with more power than Vince have faced their reckoning over the past couple of years. The thing that gets me is that he's managed to have it both ways. He's brought wrestling to a peak of mainstream respectability, with billion-dollar TV deals and sponsorships and the like, while being beneath the notice of the legitimate media when it suits him.

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Redman said:

Orton was married with children before, albeit to a different person, when he did a lot of his bullshit. It's not a cure all.

Yeah, when he was young and an asshole. No one is saying that marriage and a family immediately means you're a good person. What I'm say is, based on the interviews and evidence out there, Orton's CURRENT marriage and family situation has been a life changer for him. People are allowed second chances, third chances, however many chances they need.  

I don't give two fucks if he gets fired tomorrow for this shit. But this moral judgement nonsense deal on folks where apparently,  no one is allowed to ever have been an asshole, is fucking dumb.

5 hours ago, Jimmy Redman said:

Orton was married with children before, albeit to a different person, when he did a lot of his bullshit. It's not a cure all.

Totally agreed.

4 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

No one is saying that marriage and a family immediately means you're a good person.

Why  is the phrase "He's a happily married man with children" always used as a way to describe someone who apparently would be a good person then ? I hear it all the time. I mean, really, I hate that stupid sentence. Marriage and having children don't mean shit. Tons, hell, most assholes in the world are married with children assholes. 

And the thing is, we're not talking about just "being an asshole", we're talking about a guy stroking his dick in front of his co-workers. Yeah, back in the days, it would be "just a rib". In the real world, that's got a name...  You do some perv disgusting shit, you pay for it. Make your bed, lie in it.

• Loss locked this topic