Pro Wrestling Only

WWE looking in to Randy Orton allegations

sek69

At the same time WWE has a Network show glamorizing all the ribbing and heavy partying stuff. As I had enough of Story Time after the first episodes: did they ever go into the more "hilarious" stuff like Mr. Fuji serving fried dog or Curt Hennig roofying everybody under the sun or did they draw the line at "Ric Flair having an orgy with some stewardesses"?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE is very more and more precious about the stock price every time it goes up so I am interested to see how this pans out. About a month ago a bunch of employees signed extra agreements about basically agreeing not to discuss certain topics in the hallways, canteen etc.

Someone should have copies of Ring of Hell sent to WWE's sponsors and watch the World burn.

11 hours ago, hammerva said:

I am going to assume that he did this to a male employee because he could be a preacher now and be in big big trouble if he did this to a woman at the time. 

The story says he did it to haze new writers. Have there ever been any non-Stephanie women on the creative team? (Non-rhetorical question.)

12 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Yeah, when he was young and an asshole. No one is saying that marriage and a family immediately means you're a good person. What I'm say is, based on the interviews and evidence out there, Orton's CURRENT marriage and family situation has been a life changer for him. People are allowed second chances, third chances, however many chances they need.  

I don't give two fucks if he gets fired tomorrow for this shit. But this moral judgement nonsense deal on folks where apparently,  no one is allowed to ever have been an asshole, is fucking dumb.

I think one factor here that is definitely affecting how we look at this is years of Orton's teacher's pet status. I'm not sure reactions would be quite the same if this was R-Truth or something. Also, to be honest, if it was R-Truth, WWE might have just fired him.

1 hour ago, Grimmas said:

If WWE was an actual company, Orton would be fired. I don't expect anything to happen, except maybe a small suspension.

I expect it to be more that people like Jerry Lawler rail on about "PC culture" while WWE hopes no one ever follows up on them "looking into it".

3 hours ago, rovert said:

WWE is very more and more precious about the stock price every time it goes up so I am interested to see how this pans out. About a month ago a bunch of employees signed extra agreements about basically agreeing not to discuss certain topics in the hallways, canteen etc.

Someone should have copies of Ring of Hell sent to WWE's sponsors and watch the World burn.

Here's a farfetched and loony conspiracy theory: HHH and his sycophants are fanning these flames purposely, perhaps because they know the only way he gets a chance to truly run the company without Vince in the way is with him and those who became stars under him being publicly shamed to the point that they have to leave the company as a face-saving measure. What if this sort of media manipulation is a soft attempt from Paul Levesque and friends to clear the path ahead?

53 minutes ago, Charles (Loss) said:

I think one factor here that is definitely affecting how we look at this is years of Orton's teacher's pet status. I'm not sure reactions would be quite the same if this was R-Truth or something. Also, to be honest, if it was R-Truth, WWE might have just fired him.

I think that has a lot to do with it. The more I've stepped back and thought about it. I would really hate for someone to judge the 37 year old me based on what the 25 year old me did. I think it's really fucked up in a lot of situations to act like someone doesn't change over a long period of time especially with what we know about the psychology of people under the age of 25. 

I still don't care if he gets fired because he's done more than enough to justify it over his career there though. I still remember Rhino got fired for breaking a plant in a hotel during an argument with his wife around the same time Orton trashed a hotel room.

2 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

I think that has a lot to do with it. The more I've stepped back and thought about it. I would really hate for someone to judge the 37 year old me based on what the 25 year old me did. I think it's really fucked up in a lot of situations to act like someone doesn't change over a long period of time especially with what we know about the psychology of people under the age of 25. 

This isnt aimed at you specifically but it's fascinating the way we talk about wrestlers. The way we talk about grown men in general. Orton exhibited asshole behaviour well into his late 20s and early 30s. I wonder how old you can get before the excuse of being young and stupid no longer applies. I'm 28 and I feel like if I did some trash shit like anything Orton did at that age I wouldn't be able to get away with "oh but she's just young and stupid." I'm a grown ass person. So was he.

I should state that I agree that people deserve a chance to change and Orton seems to have mellowed out in the last couple years. Good for him, he's finally exhibiting like bare minimum decent behaviour now that he's 38 YEARS OLD. It doesn't really change or excuse his shitty behaviour. It doesn't mean he's not an asshole. And it has nothing to do with the fact that people should be held accountable for sexually harassing people in the workplace. 

I'm in a position of managing people at work and I often defend younger employees on the young and dumb thing. Personally, I think you don't start figuring things out until around 30. It's been shown through studies that people under the age of 25 have very poor risk assessment abilities so I think giving people a few more years to really figure life out is fair. This isn't specific to Orton because I think he was an asshole. Just that I have a hard time with the idea of holding someone who is 38 accountable for something they did at 26 if it's not a criminal matter.

4 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Just that I have a hard time with the idea of holding someone who is 38 accountable for something they did at 26 if it's not a criminal matter.

Showing off your dick to a fellow co-worker (if that did happen) as a way of hazing is an sexual offense. It has nothing to do with age.

There's also the matter that besides waving his dick at people, threatening to tell Vince and Steph that the writer was "big leaguing" is a clear way to establish power right out of the box. He's telling them he can do whatever he wants and you can't do shit about it. I wonder how he learned he had that ability. 

Also the "he was young and dumb" defense should be applied to actual dumb things young people do like deciding to go off roading in their parents' car or listening to Korn. Not sexually harrassing co workers as part of a display of dominance. 

10 hours ago, Herodes said:

My confidential sources in the WWE are telling me developing information related to this story that i am unable to divulge

You've done this schtick twice now:

Can you please knock it off it off as it isn't funny and doesn't contribute to the discussion.

Wrestlers and Wrestling people interact with me and other fans on social media. Lots follow the ProWrestlingOnly Twitter for example. Some more than others but isn't uncommon and nothing to get passive aggressive or upset about. Join the rest of us in 2018, Herodes. 

10 hours ago, Charles (Loss) said:

But how much of this outrage is also based on certain fans just hating Orton based on his character and ring work? There's far more beloved workers who get a pass on their behavior in this fucked up business. 

16 hours ago, Robert S said:

At the same time WWE has a Network show glamorizing all the ribbing and heavy partying stuff. As I had enough of Story Time after the first episodes: did they ever go into the more "hilarious" stuff like Mr. Fuji serving fried dog or Curt Hennig roofying everybody under the sun or did they draw the line at "Ric Flair having an orgy with some stewardesses"?

"It's fine if it's a cartoon, pal!" Hahaha.

• Loss locked this topic