Pro Wrestling Only

Is TNA the worst wrestling promotion in history?

Loss

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's fairly obvious they're hoping Viacom does what they did with Bellator and buys out the Carters. But with five and a half months of arena bookings they have to stick to while they're bleeding so much money? Eek.

It's also worth noting that WWE's contract for Monday Night Raw comes up for renewal in the fall of 2014. Does Viacom make a play for Raw and use the bigger wrestling brand to boost their secondary MMA promotion?

They've been willing to bleed before while they wait for the next golden carrot:

1) Continuing with unprofitable weekly pay-per-views.

2) Buying time on Fox Sports Net.

3) Spending big to bring in all the biggest stars not under WWE contract to go head to head with Monday Night Raw live every other week.

Hogan owns a small piece of TNA doesn't he? I remember him saying that when he signed. It is Hogan though so it hard to tell for sure if it is true coming from his mouth. I have no interest in a death of TNA book but I didn't have an interest in a death of WCW book either. Living it as a viewer was bad enough. TNA isn't even worth getting bothered about. I doubt yearbooks will be packed with TNA matches when the time comes.

I don't know that I would. WCW seemed bad at times, but TNA seems both bad and irrelevant. I'm not sure on its worst day that WCW ever felt irrelevant in the big picture of the entire wrestling business.

Even as WCW took a turn for the worse they still had a self-created star in Goldberg who was the second or third biggest draw in wrestling during wrestling's hottest period. That alone made them relevant.

Does TNA have an active wrestler who is one of the top ten draws in wrestling?

As bad as TNA is, and as little interest as I may have in actually watching TNA, I hope it doesn't die, if only because it's a place for guys who aren't in WWE to make money in the US. It's easy to assume somebody more competent will fill the void of TNA, but it took years for TNA to get on national TV and become a viable place for other guys to work. If TNA dies, unless Viacom is really hard up to have wrestling on Spike, I think it's very possible that will be the last time a second wrestling promotion lands a national cable TV deal.

Not sure about veracity of this but Janice does have a rep of as the No woman:

Basically, Janice Carter got Bruce to do the dirty work and fire everyone, which was a tough job obviously and something he hated doing. Then when that was done, she turned around, thanked him for his services and fired him.

How gangster is Janice?

At tonight's TNA house show in Cape Girardeau, MO, that was scheduled to start a few minutes ago, road agent Pat Kenney came out at the start of the show and announce that roughly half the wrestlers who were scheduled would not be allowed to work due to commission licensing issues. They are offering both refunds, and for those who don't take refunds, a free fan interaction with all the wrestlers.

Guest Staples

I finally watched the much lauded Last Woman Standing match between Taryn Terrell and Gail Kim. It turned out to be fairly disappointing. Aside from two nasty bumps and Taryn nearly breaking her arm on that dive, there wasn't much to it.

Here's the match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPidgtdJ17Y

It isn't terrible by any means, but I was really expecting more after the hype it got.

Oh and

Chris Sabin is world champion?

Pass.

At tonight's TNA house show in Cape Girardeau, MO, that was scheduled to start a few minutes ago, road agent Pat Kenney came out at the start of the show and announce that roughly half the wrestlers who were scheduled would not be allowed to work due to commission licensing issues. They are offering both refunds, and for those who don't take refunds, a free fan interaction with all the wrestlers.

IWA Mid South ran a show without any real problem last night :lol:

There was only like 250 at the TNA show too.

Morale in TNA must be so shit right now.

According to ProWrestling.net, Dixie Carter, Jeff Jarrett, TNA CFO Dean Broadhead and EVP Andy Barton were all backstage at last week's Impact Wrestling, and spoke to the entire TNA locker room about possibly continuing with budget cuts, warning everyone that they were still being evaluated.

Taping all the One Night Only pay-per-views earlier this year. These shows were pre-recorded in place of the eight pay-per-view events that TNA cut from their annual schedule, in order to save money.

Dixie the PR guru announced yesterday she would do a Twitter Q&A this week. Which only led to people tweeting bad jokes, abuse and offers to lend her money.

I believe Jarrett is still a minority owner of the company, but had all his power stripped from him when Dixie Carter found out that he had lied to her about having an affair with Karen Angle. Since Jarrett was written out of TV in December 2011, he worked on his own side projects like Ring Ka King for The Colors Network in India and All Wheels Wrestling for the Speed Channel, had a minor role in the 2012 movie Spring Breakers and has wrestled on several major AAA shows in Mexico.

Jarrett may be the benefactor of Bruce Prichard leaving the company, as he's the obvious person to takeover his position given that he used to have his job.

He's also said this.

"After a long recovery process & being promised by the President of TNA Impact Wrestling TNA Dixie Carter I would always have a job with her company, I recently was released from my current contract & shown that those promises were false. During my time away from the ring I decided to pursue bodybuilding & have been prepping for the Hurricane Bay bodybuilding show in Tampa, FL on Oct.5th,2013 but now due to my recent released I will have to drop out of my show. A friend of mine told me about this site and if anyone would like to help and contribute I would be so grateful and appreciate any donations. "

Though it's mind numbingly stupid to fire him immediately after Destination X 2013, a show one year earlier he had vowed to wrestle on and become the TNA World Heavyweight Champion, is it really any scummier than past mistreatment of TNA talent? At least he seems to have had his medical bills taken care of...