Pro Wrestling Only

Is TNA the worst wrestling promotion in history?

Loss

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Slickster

I don't think WWE or WCW ever had a match as stupid as the Reverse Battle Royal. Ok that's a decent concept for about 5 seconds until you realize that everyone looks fucking retarded fighting each other on the outside instead of just running to get into the ring. Especially when guys are fighting each other on the apron or obviously standing around waiting for someone to come fight them because they're not supposed to get in the ring yet. Totally deserve to win the Observer's "Worst Worked Match" award.

To say nothing of the fact that most of the fans can't see the action because it's not in the ring.

• 4 weeks later...

Don West is leaving.

Also, official press release:

THE NEXT EVOLUTION OF PRO WRESTLING ON TV STARTS THURSDAY MAY 31st ON TNA IMPACT WRESTLING LIVE ON SPIKE TV

TUNE IN AT NEW TIME SLOT OF 8:00p.m./ET FOR LIVE ACTION AND MUCH MORE

NASHVILLE, TN (May 30, 2012) – TNA IMPACT WRESTLING announced today that the highly-rated weekly series will be making changes to its programming to include a hybrid of reality and explosive action each Thursday, live on SPIKE TV at 8:00pm/ ET. The reality elements and production technique represent the most significant evolution in this genre in more than 15 years.

“We took a step back to look at our product with fresh eyes,” says TNA IMPACT WRESTLING President Dixie Carter. “People watch TV differently today than before, and the wrestling format itself has become stale. What happens backstage, in the office and on the road is so entertaining that we decided it was time to pull the curtain way back and give viewers a peek at that world as well. Over the next few weeks and months, viewers will continue to see our show evolve as we expose more real aspects of our business that have always been sacred,” she continued.

This announcement is a key component in the continued growth of the TNA IMPACT WRESTLING brand that is bringing game-changing programming to the world of professional wrestling. Cameras will be everywhere. Meetings will be shot in real time and unscripted as we capture moments; not produced segments. Access to conversations and vantage points that have never been seen before, such as production meetings, talent evaluations and post match critiques, will be revealed. Combined with an emphasis on story structure, long term character and story development, these changes will help IMPACT WRESTLING pioneer the next generation of wrestling entertainment programming.

Going live allows IMPACT WRESTLING a deeper connection with our audience via social media. Starting with the May 31st broadcast, IMPACT WRESTLING will be the most socially interactive television program in the history of professional wrestling. Viewers will have a variety of unique opportunities to participate and influence certain elements of the program through various social media platforms. Also, backstage will take center stage, as fans will have access to live interviews being conducted featured on www.impactwrestling.com.

About IMPACT WRESTLING IMPACT WRESTLING is the world’s most innovative experience in professional wrestling, airing in over 120 countries worldwide. Join Hulk Hogan, Rob Van Dam, “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle, Sting, Bobby Roode, Velvet Sky, Brooke Hogan, the lovely and lethal TNA Knockouts and the no-limits X-Division for “IMPACT WRESTLING” every Thursday night LIVE at 8:00 pm ET on SPIKE. For more information on IMPACT WRESTLING, visit www.IMPACTWRESTLING.com. TNA Entertainment, LLC is a privately held company headquartered in Nashville, Tenn.

Nothing I can write here can likely top that.

EDIT: Sorry for the copy/paste changing all the "" marks into gibberish.

Everyone always said that TNA behind the scenes had to be far more interesting than iMPACT. Maybe they finally listened. Lets you cut a whole bunch of wrestlers and focus on Bischoff, Hogan & Dixie, which is what they want anyway.

Not that I think they're going to be anywhere near competing with WWE anytime soon, but the post Russo era TNA has been slowly improving week to week. The wrestling has been pretty solid, and the angles/out of the ring stuff has reached the point where it's no longer cringe worthy in every segment. I know that sounds like damning with faint praise, but considering WWE has been fairly blah the last few weeks, Impact has been arguably the best wrestling show of the week lately.

Not that I think they're going to be anywhere near competing with WWE anytime soon, but the post Russo era TNA has been slowly improving week to week. The wrestling has been pretty solid, and the angles/out of the ring stuff has reached the point where it's no longer cringe worthy in every segment. I know that sounds like damning with faint praise, but considering WWE has been fairly blah the last few weeks, Impact has been arguably the best wrestling show of the week lately.

The thing with TNA, even if they turn a corner and somehow become awesome. They're dragging 10 years of shit behind them. Even if the next 10 years were fucking amazing, you can still say they've only been good for half their life.

They've outlived Mid-South/UWF, ECW and Smokey Mountain and it looks like they'll outlive WCW eventually. But they haven't come close to hitting the creative high points of those companies, let alone finacially in the case of WCW.

Like everyone else. When ECW and WCW went down i really hoped that a wrestling company would learn from their mistakes and emerge to be a solid counterpoint. They didn;t need to go head to head with Vince, he's too far ahead in the game too catch. Just be good and have enough presence and credibility that when someome jumped ship it would seem like a big deal (eg. Flair,Vader,Jericho).

I think we also have to be careful about what we mean when we talk about TNA getting "good." There is "good" and there is "good for TNA." I actually watch a fair amount of TNA ppv's because I often have little else to do when I'm doing school work on Sunday nights. I have seen a few recently that were perfectly decent shows, but even by comparison to a pretty weak WWE ppv I wouldn't call them better.

Part of the problem is they have a roster of guys I dont give a fuck about either because TNA has taught me not to give a fuck about them or because they suck. Regardless of the reasoning there are maybe three or four guys on the TNA roster I have even a passing interest in

Part of the problem is they have a roster of guys I dont give a fuck about either because TNA has taught me not to give a fuck about them or because they suck. Regardless of the reasoning there are maybe three or four guys on the TNA roster I have even a passing interest in

This is really the major problem that TNA has, they don't make anyone on their roster feel like a star. It's why when guys come in, and SHOULD bring a buzz to the promotion like when Angle and Hardy came in, there is no buzz because TNA just makes everyone on the roster feel the same. Or if through some magical occurrence, one of their guys gets a buzz about him IN TNA, they kill them like they did Samoa Joe. I don't follow TNA very often, but I did watch Lockdown and the only person that felt like a guy to keep watching on that show was Bobby Roode.

This is really the major problem that TNA has, they don't make anyone on their roster feel like a star. It's why when guys come in, and SHOULD bring a buzz to the promotion like when Angle and Hardy came in, there is no buzz because TNA just makes everyone on the roster feel the same. Or if through some magical occurrence, one of their guys gets a buzz about him IN TNA, they kill them like they did Samoa Joe. I don't follow TNA very often, but I did watch Lockdown and the only person that felt like a guy to keep watching on that show was Bobby Roode.

This.

Throughout their history at least someone or something once a year gets over. And they they kill it.

Ron Killings, Raven,Styles, Monty, Christian, LAX, Shelley, Angle, Beer Money.

Not saying that these guys on their own would have done it, but they all managed to generate some interest and/or positive feelings and it was snuffed out

TNA has a few people that I care about, but it's certainly not many, that's for sure. I actually really like both Eric Young & Robbie E. and they're pretty much just comedy characters nowadays. I lose a lot of interest when they do things like put A.J. Styles in the main event or put the T.V. title on D-Von Dudley.

But James Storm, Robert Roobe, Austin Aries and even Bully Ray lately have all been pretty damn good. That's like six guys that I enjoy, which is more than the four I enjoy in WWE.

I think Roode and Storm are shockingly boring at this point and I was high on both guys for years. I know every one else has been high on heel champ Roode, but I think he's been badly exposed as mediocre in just about every respect. Storm I think would be fine if he was heel but I think he is hammy as fuck as a babyface. Aries is good but overrated. Bully Ray is awesome

I think Roode and Storm are shockingly boring at this point and I was high on both guys for years. I know every one else has been high on heel champ Roode, but I think he's been badly exposed as mediocre in just about every respect.

Whoa, you're the first guy I've seen write the exact same opinion of Roode that I have. I don't get the big deal about this guy. He's perfectly good as half of a midcard heel tag-team, but he's not a top guy and he never will be.

Dylan hit the nail on the head. There is literally nobody in TNA who I would pay to see with the possible exception of Samoa Joe after extensive rehabilitation. Whenever I try to watch Impact, the only segments that hold my interest are comedy segments with Eric Young. Come to think of it, comedy is the only thing TNA does better than WWE.

• 2 months later...

It seemed to take them some time getting their footing, but TNA seems to headed in the right direction without Russo at the helm of things. The build to the Roode/Aries title change last month was very well done, and the match itself was very good. Joe seems to be motivated for the first time in a good long time. I can honestly say I'm looking forward to Hardcore Justice a lot more than I am Summerslam.

I agree. I steered well clear of TNA until all the hype following the Aries title win and I've tuned into every show since. WWE has been woeful lately and I needed an alternative fix and to be fair TNA has been decent in its own right. It has a sense of direction with multiple storylines unfolding at a sensible pace, as well a freedom which you wont find in the suffocating micro managed WWE. The thing that used to put me off was the heavy attention that was given to WWE fuck ups over every one else but that inferiority complex seems to have disappeared.

• 6 months later...

Doesn't look like all that great of a card but most times I think that going into a TNA PPV I end up enjoying the show. I wonder if that Lethal Lockdown match will be done similar to last year. Which was all about trying to get Garett Bischoff over. Watching the video now. So far so good. Damn I miss Don West.