Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/26 - 12/3 Our Foreigns Affairs minister is a global warming denier

KawadaSmile

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it goes back a long way and I've probably blocked out a number of contenders, but that felt like one of the worst Raws ever.  It started out horribly and alternated between the slow and fast lanes to wrestling hell for the next 3 hours.  The only thing I found remotely amusing were Alicia Fox's antics during her entrance.  That's it.  

Raw has been pretty bad for most of the year and noticeably worse since Roman had to step away.  Most PPVs have been a chore.  But watching this show was the first time I told myself to find something better to do next Monday night.  I could rewatch some MOTYCs.  Play a video game.  Watch MNF.  See if I still remember my wife's name.  Give myself papercuts.  If there's anything worthwhile on Raw the DVR will have it.  But old habits are hard to kill.  We'll see what happens in 6 days.

4 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

So Braun and Ember Moon are 4-0 in Mixed Match Challenge and have absolutely dominated, so they replace him with Curt Hawkins?

This company really is actively trolling it's fanbase. 

Ember winning the thing single handedly with Hawkins claiming that his unbeaten streak is now over seems the likely destination for this. So, all of this build and promotion for more comedy when Hawkins gets squashed immediately in his next match.

Speaking of bad comedy, Raw was putrid. Did Vince wake up yesterday and decide he wants to be SNL again?

Do you really have to always write that kind of title ? Do you really have to always talk about political events of your country ? You know, some people in this board might have other views than you. Accept the results of the elections, democracy has spoken. I find disappointing you can't stick to wrestling.

KawadaSmile's absurd (in this context) titles are the highlights of each of these threads anyway. He's making the threads, it's not bothering anyone that is an actual regular poster on these (as opposed to, you now, someone who would just post to bitch about it).

I say next time take it a step further and post the title directly in portuguese !

1 hour ago, WrestlingFan said:

Do you really have to always write that kind of title ? Do you really have to always talk about political events of your country ? You know, some people in this board might have other views than you. Accept the results of the elections, democracy has spoken. I find disappointing you can't stick to wrestling. 

If you happen to start the thread before KawadaSmile and briefly mention Wallonian political events in the title, I think we'd be okay with that.

Lone Wolf anarchist going corporate goon is a good heel gimmick shame there are almost no babyfaces left to counterbalance the sheer power levels of the heels.

I mean, we had Elias who got fucked. Braun's fucked. Seth's stuck with lolZiggler and lolAmbrose. Finn's... there.

At this point I could do with a Bray/Elias/Balor vs Drew/Lashley/Corbin tag. I'm actually thinking Bray is a good alternative which for me, is insane.

Bray is taking Braun's place on the house shows, so they at least remembered that he exists. I don't think anyone's clamoring for Bray/Baron though.

So not only is WWE (and Raw particularly) a universe where evil triumphs on a regular basis and the good guys are all dorks who have no friends, the top heel is a guy who seemingly only do nothing but chinlocks for 15-20 minutes. 

Smackdown is the A show. We not only get some fire segments around the ENTIRE WOMEN'S ROSTER, but Naomi looks stunning as well.

Usos vs Bar is obviously great. The best tag team ever going against a top 10 in WWE history is bound to produce greatness.

AJ with his usual good promos. Hope he doesn't jump shit next year. 

Nakamura is a good slimy heel and his act is good, except when the bell rings. Hope Rusev kicks his ass.

And, so far, the best segment was about Jeff Hardy. The promo Joe gave afterwards was some heavy shit. I believe in Hardy, and hope he gets one more WWE Title run. 

I'd say this show was really enjoyable, indeed a very good watch. 

Crazy how writing your serious feuds without comedy segments can make for a more cohesive show. Going from Ambrose shooting needles in his butt to Orton fucking up Rey is some unbelievable stuff.

Writing faces who actually can stand up for themselves also helps.

Besides, we're getting an Asuka/Becky/Charlotte TLC match. Lovely stuff.

I'm starting to think that they've inserted Asuka in the TLC Match to have her win the title, without pinning Becky Lynch. Thus, you can always set up Asuka vs Charlotte 2 at the Rumble while inserting Becky in the Rumble match and have her win it to set up her Wrestlemania match with Ronda Rousey.

At least, that's how I'd book it.

8 hours ago, SirEdger said:

I'm starting to think that they've inserted Asuka in the TLC Match to have her win the title, without pinning Becky Lynch. Thus, you can always set up Asuka vs Charlotte 2 at the Rumble while inserting Becky in the Rumble match and have her win it to set up her Wrestlemania match with Ronda Rousey.

At least, that's how I'd book it.

Could also have Asuka win to set up Charlotte/Ronda at the Rumble and Becky winning the women's Rumble.