goodhelmet

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Timbo Slice said:

My guess is that they’re going to at Wrestle Kingdom. They did that back and forth with Ospreay/Omega when folks thought it would be a Wembley rubber match, and I think Danielson’s first NJPW match back being Wrestle Kingdom would be a huge deal. 

I also think New Japan can't simply keep going back to Okada for the WK title match. But that means Okada needs a match that can draw, and I think him vs Danielson would do the trick.

25 minutes ago, Migs said:

I also think New Japan can't simply keep going back to Okada for the WK title match. But that means Okada needs a match that can draw, and I think him vs Danielson would do the trick.

Part of me thinks NJPW really started scrambling for ideas after the whole deal with Ibushi went down. I dunno why they couldn't go with Shingo again and opted for SANADA, but Okada is just the safest bet they have right now in terms of a big champ. 

SANADA was the #2 guy in the most popular faction the company had and they had to pull the trigger on him at some point. Ibushi is rightfully holding out for a better deal given his split previously. Shingo being on the other side of 40, and having not really done much of note in a singles capacity other than during the pandemic, has hurt him. I hope he gets a good G-1 run to be built back up as they need it, but I feel like with the new crop they’re skewing younger. 

It's pure fantasy booking, of course, but I would have liked to have seen Shingo as a match-up for MJF this year, especially since Tanahashi was already a sacrificial lamb for the AEW World Title at the last Forbidden Door. As it stands, Shingo is still one of the best hands in the company, so I'm hoping for a solid G-1 run as well.

Yeah, they needed a stop gap between Okada and whoever of their young guys they decide to give an IWGP title run first. But questioning if Sanada was the right choice is valid, imo. I'll always question them not giving an outsider a run so they could put over the promising young star but oh well.

15 hours ago, Timbo Slice said:

Kitomiya would be inspired but his biggest beef is with Okada, so you’d need that to lead to something. 

He is in Sanada's block... one version of this would be Kiyomiya winning the title in the fall and Okada defending the company. Ballsy but plausible.

1 hour ago, Stiva said:

Anyone had experience of watching wrestling in a stadium who can say if it’s even worth it? 

I was at the MCG (nosebleeds) for the WWE a couple of years ago. The most I got out of it was, as brother @sek69 suggests, was "I was there" for the Undertaker's entrance, which I'd never experienced, and, really, still haven't. Couldn't see a thumbnail-sized Undertaker through the smoke. MCG is bigger than Wembley but nosebleed is nosebleed.

You'll watch on the screens, be excluded from chants and the wrestlers won't play to you. But it's historic. If you've got no urgent use for the 54 quid, you may as well.

I was in the nosebleeds for WM23. It obviously doesn't compare to being near ringside, but I had no trouble viewing any of the in-ring action. From what I hear, all the seats at Wembley have great views. Whether it's worth it I guess depends on where in the UK you are. 27 quid a head seems like a steal for an event of that magnitude, but I know Europeans tend to have a narrower view of what constitutes reasonable travel distance than Americans.

To be fair, it’s not even the actual cost of the ticket, it’s more the hotel and travel that will knock the price up. I have a feeling that TK has something wild up his sleeve for Wembley so I think I’m going to bite the bullet and head down for it. Even if I have to watch through golden binoculars 

4 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Real Summerslam 92 vibes, bubba

I don't know if England will get Wrestlemania in the next couple of years but I have no doubt in my mind WWE will have a huge 2 day event at Wembley so they can have bragging rights about total attendance for a wrestling show :lol: