goodhelmet

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, WingedEagle said:

So the company has a couple of pretty big shows coming up over the next 6 weeks.  Any plans to build or announce lineups or are they actually going to do this Mystery Vortex style?

TK doesn't start building to PPV until there's 3 weeks left. We know MJF vs Cole will be 1 match, and Khan basically uses that as the main program while the rest of the card will fill up the closer they get to the show. Wouldn't shock of a third of All Out's card is announced at All In tbh :lol:

1 hour ago, The Thread Killer said:

I had always heard/read that Kawada was not a big fan of foreigners and not the friendliest guy to meet.

I'm sure word got back to him that he's Eddie's idol and did him a solid.

Plus it's probably just fans going to his shop that annoy him.

5 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Word is that Jericho is trying to work against Ospreay at the Wembley show. Fucking carny.

Dude is unrelenting. Seems strange to put Ospreay on the show anyway tbh. If I’m going to All In, I want to see the AEW guys I watch every week. Unless they would do Ospreay opposite Danielson or even Cassidy again but a match where he has to drop to Jericho’s speed sounds like torture 

11 hours ago, sek69 said:

Why would they not put the best British wrestler on what might end up being the biggest show ever in the UK? He's even been on Dynamite several times so it wouldn't even be out of place. 

It probably does make sense to do it but what I want, is Coach TK to build up the show with the people we see every week. AEW has so much talent at its disposal that it doesn’t need a token Ospreay match just because he’s English. You have Pac right there, find something for him to do. Why not build him Vs Claudio up for All In instead of throwing it out at DBD with hardly any build?

Punk should intercede on behalf of Will Ospreay and block Jericho's carny ass from having that match.

I understand that the politics and negotiations involved for a 3rd Omega vs Ospreay match in an AEW only show make it almost impossible for it to happen unless TK offers something crazy to New Japan (and they might just not want to give that matchup up regardless of what's offered). But I think an Ospreay/Takeshita vs Omega/Ibushi tag match would be a best case scenario for everyone involved and it would make more sense storyline wise that whatever the fuck this Jericho/Callis angle they are running with that no one gives a fuck about.

Besides, if Jericho really does get his wish, does that mean he turns face and rejects Callis? The possibilities of that are so shitty I regret even typing that.

Ospreay should decline a program with Jericho. Jericho in no way can keep up with Ospreay, who will have to work overtime to make Jericho look good, which will do nothing for Ospreay, and only serve Jericho's ego of having to be relevant at the expense of talented people who could be working with other talented people to help each other.

4 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

How about Jericho vs. Jeff Jarrett for the title of greatest carny of this generation? Better yet, how about Ospreay vs. Jarrett?

You can joke, but I bet with all his Memphis style smoke and mirrors, Double J is one of the few guys who could pull a watchable match out of Jericho at this point. At least it would be paced the right speed for both of them.