Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hall of Fame 2019

flyonthewall2983

So based on all available evidence, the guy who attacked Bret Hart last night has some fairly serious mental issues.  This appears to be more than a simple case of an idiot fan getting drunk and jumping the rail.  This guy has a couple of arrests on his record for violating protection orders - leading to the assumption there must be serious issues at play in order for somebody to feel the need to file restraining orders against him.  His Twitter and YouTube accounts are both public and are pretty disturbing.  He has been publicly challenging The Shield to a 6 Man Tag match at Wrestlemania, and then venting when Triple H and Vince McMahon didn't answer him.  He has been ranting about the Main Event at Wrestlemania featuring women, he appears quite upset about that.  His YouTube channel was really something to behold - his latest video was an interview with himself, and other videos feature him unable to talk without giggling uncontrollably and rolling his eyes back in his head. I initially assumed this was just some moron trying to get attention, but it seems this guy is really in need of mental help.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jmare007 said:

Is it true it's the same fan that a couple of years ago jumped the rail and walked alongside Rollins for his entrance?

When you look at both pieces of footage, there are some similarities but no one has ever confirmed it was the one and the same.

By the way, has there been a mugshot released of the guy or anything? I've seen some stuff on Twitter but I'm tempted to think it wasn't the guy.

There's a couple of mugshots of him online, but they are both from his arrests for violating protection orders.  They haven't released a mugshot from his arrest last night. There is a mugshot of a guy with a bloody face circulating online which some people are claiming is the guy, but it's not Zachary Madsen, the guy who attacked Bret Hart.

He's also a small time MMA fighter so I'm not going to act like the guy was too mentally diminished. Dude crossed the line and got got. Was some of the response over the line? Probably, but they just saw a guy who's a hero to at least half the roster get attacked by a rando so I'm not going to get too mad about it. 

So a whack job attacks a 61 year old cancer and stroke survivor and people are salty that someone punched said whack job in the face?

Firstly, Fuck That Guy

Secondly, the idiot was probably still struggling and talking shit while they were dragging him out, and a guy who was already pissed off shut him up. So, Fuck That Guy.

I’m not going to call Wilder a coward or anything. But I think from a practical standpoint when you’re apprehending someone it does little good to have several random people running up and taking shots. It makes the situation more dangerous.

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

He's also a small time MMA fighter so I'm not going to act like the guy was too mentally diminished. Dude crossed the line and got got. Was some of the response over the line? Probably, but they just saw a guy who's a hero to at least half the roster get attacked by a rando so I'm not going to get too mad about it. 

Yeah, I agree. This isn't an "either/or" situation.  I don't think anybody should celebrate a guy who clearly has mental problems getting his ass kicked, but conversely the fact the guy has mental problems doesn't totally absolve him from any personal responsibility for his actions, either. I've worked with and been attacked by violent mentally ill people before, and I literally have the scars to prove it. Mental illness does not mean that somebody is incapable of distinguishing right from wrong.  Even if he legitimately believed Bret Hart was some sort of threat to him, that doesn't justify his own violent reaction. I'm just happy this guy didn't hurt Bret Hart worse than he did.  If anything, people (especially Vince McMahon) should be pissed at the shitty security that let this guy get as close as he did.  In addition to the stage set up for the HOF being goofy for this show, which invited this kind of attack, somebody was clearly asleep at the switch.

36 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Observer says Bret had to go to the hospital last night as his hip was acting up after the fall

He should file suit against WWE. How does someone goes through security onto the fucking stage and attack him without someone catching him before he does ? 

The best thing to come out of this year's Mania weekend is that no fans can embarrass themselves at the Hall of Fame next year. Surely, it has to be behind closed doors from now on. I understand that it's yet another house you can draw but man, when your inductees are getting attacked by the fans, it's time to seriously reconsider the set-up

13 hours ago, SteveJRogers said:

Pretty sure Parv, who isn't the most keen on many of the inductees anyway, was talking more about the group of inductees themselves, rather than the show itself.

Yeah I didn't watch the show, just the list. Pretty much just induct anyone who ever had an action figure at this point. And yeah I saw SD Jones got in too, lol.

I watched most of it this afternoon. Bret had a great speech despite the obvious setback, maybe the best one of the night. DX wasn't awful but not anything memorable for me. It was at a much better pace than previous shows, so it's clear they learned some lessons but not enough.

They need to close it off and just hype it as a Network special, maybe not even do it WM weekend anymore. 

13 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

Yeah, I agree. This isn't an "either/or" situation.  I don't think anybody should celebrate a guy who clearly has mental problems getting his ass kicked, but conversely the fact the guy has mental problems doesn't totally absolve him from any personal responsibility for his actions, either. I've worked with and been attacked by violent mentally ill people before, and I literally have the scars to prove it. Mental illness does not mean that somebody is incapable of distinguishing right from wrong.  Even if he legitimately believed Bret Hart was some sort of threat to him, that doesn't justify his own violent reaction. I'm just happy this guy didn't hurt Bret Hart worse than he did.  If anything, people (especially Vince McMahon) should be pissed at the shitty security that let this guy get as close as he did.  In addition to the stage set up for the HOF being goofy for this show, which invited this kind of attack, somebody was clearly asleep at the switch.

Think this is one of the most sensible takes I've seen on the situation. It's that incredibly difficult line to take in terms of how far someone with mental health problems - if this guy has them as is being speculated, or it is indeed known at this stage - can be held responsible for their actions. But as TTK highlights the safety of others - in this case Bret - has to come first, and even if the guy does have mental health issues he still needs to be held accountable as he endangered someone, and thank God it wasn't worse. In a heat of the moment situation it's incredibly difficult to say that if someone you cared about was attacked that you wouldn't be prepared to use your full force to protect them, or indeed take some sort of retribution out on them. Should some of the guys taking shots at him have done it? It's not for me to say - it's a natural human emotion to want to lash out at anyone that's done someone you care about harm.

In general though, I've never been a fan of having fans at the HOF. Despite our reputation, not all wrestling fans are completely incapable of being respectful and basic social etiquette, but it's just always seemed really awkward to me to have them there.

Just another little point on the HOF, which in particular I thought about when watching Torrie Wilson's speech, was how I think a lot of the discussion from fans about who 'deserves' to be in there sort of misses the point. Wrestling isn't real sporting competition therefore judging someone on how many titles they might have won is redundant. Likewise, while how influential someone is or how much money they drew are clearly barometers of 'success', to me the HOF is simply a chance for someone to get recognition and respect from their peers, and really, given all the things wrestlers sacrifice in terms of entertaining us shouldn't we just be happy for them to get a day in the sun rather than sniping as we go down their CV? 

Torrie is a classic point. Was Torrie Wilson a great wrestler? I don't think so, but really, she was never given the chance to be one either. Maybe she could have been one, maybe she wouldn't even given opportunities...but while you can argue the merits of what she was often required to do on TV - and that's on the company not her - you can't deny that she was on the road 300+ days a year, away from friends and family, made countless sacrifices, would have worked hurt, worked hard with anything she was given, trained to improve from just being a valet to being able to work a competent match. Plus in terms of her profile in the height of the WWE Divas having calendars and DVDs etc she was probably a bigger 'draw' than others in the HOF. But again, that's not really the point to me - a HOF induction is a chance for all the people that go in to get a little something back for all the missed weddings and their kids birthdays they never get to and I don't begrudge anyone getting that.         

51 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

At this point I'm okay with anyone getting in. In fact, it's the seemingly 'less deserving' people that interest me most. It was more interesting hearing Torrie Wilson's take on her career than, you know, someone we hear from all the time, or whose credentials are more easy to discern. 

People do need to remember, this is a promotion's own Hall of Fame, and can add anyone they want to it.

Sports franchises have their own halls, or like concepts (Monument Park, Ring/Wall of Honor, etc) that are filled with choices that would never get into the sport’s Hall without a ticket, but fit whatever HOF criteria at the moment that the franchise seems fit.

Hell, I’ve seen some inductions/Number Retirements that have been shots across the bow of the specific sport’s HOF electorate as part of an “hey, get this guy in already” campaign (see Phil Rizzuto or Ron Santo for successful ones, and Billy Martin for not so successful ones).

While I bristle more at the over hype and over-inflated sense of importance that the WON Hall gets from the IWC, while the physical Hall in Texas (formerly in NY) gets little attention, I think this one at least gets it proper due, and doesn’t that much of an over-inflated sense of importance in terms of wrestling honors.

I just see it as a night in which an assortment of people who were once employed in the wrestling business get to talk for a while about their careers. I especially like hearing who they thank. I really liked Torrie giving a shout-out to Fit, and then people like Candice and Michelle McCool. Or Waltman thanking Bret for the Raw match they had. Remember when Lita just had a huge list of people to thank? "Manami Toyota.... I never met her".