WWE NXT Takeover Phoenix

KawadaSmile

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is probably my least hyped Takeover in a very long while. I think I'm completely over the Gargano and Ciampa storyline which now has both the World and TV title match wrapped up in it. The Tag Title match just looks eh. Hero/Riddle will probably be fun but I'm not the biggest Riddle guy so far.

Really the one match I am very interested in is Bayzler/Belair.

Yeah, I'll probably check this out over the next few days, but I'm not too hot on the card either. I'm most interested in the women's title match because Belair has been really fun the few times I've seen her. Riddle/Ohno has always been a fairly enjoyable match-up so I guess that could be good too. It's usually the Velveteen Dream match that has me hyped for these cards so with him not being there this time I'm not nearly as interested. 

I took a few months off from WWE and the Network.

Kassius Ohno being on a main TakeOver card tells me the NXT roster is depleted again. 

I know he's a Hero to some of you, but he does nothing for me.

Aleister Black does even less for me.

Ohno and Black being on this show while Velveteen Dream isn't is a big WTF to me.

But even "bad" TakeOver shows are usually good, so I'll tune in.

29 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Kassius Ohno being on a main TakeOver card tells me the NXT roster is depleted again. 

I know he's a Hero to some of you, but he does nothing for me.

Underrated comment tbh.

I like Velveteen Dream but he has to stop doing the cosplay stuff. It's going to hurt him come main roster time. When you gotta sink or swim, you need to be able to stand on your own, as your own unique individual. He already comes off as a dude just trying to be Rick Rude and Randy Savage. 

I like Ciampa, Black & Gargano each individually but I too am ready for their feud to be over. I think all three could be on the main roster already truthfully. I think Black will be a star. I think Shayna will too. 

Here's the full card for reference by the way:

NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa vs. Aleister Black
NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler vs. Bianca Belair
NXT North American Champion Ricochet vs. Johnny Gargano
NXT Tag Team Champions The Undisputed ERA vs. The War Raiders
Matt Riddle vs. Kassius Ohno

Amazing how Gargano/Ciampa last year was like "OMG it's the greatest thing EVER in pro-wrestling" to "fuck this... boring...". I guess NXT ain't the shit anymore at all.

I remember loving Bianca Bel Air from the tournament two years ago. I would guess she only got better. When does she sign with AEW already ? :P

Gargano vs Almas winning match of the year is interesting.  First of all it was in January and most WWE fans can barely remember the product from 4 months ago much less January.  I personally would have had the North American title ladder match in New Orleans but it was an incredible match

Not surprising that McAfee is the first one to do the joke involving the guy sucking dick for bottled water from the pre-show.  Sure it won't be the last this weekend

Loved Ciampa looking at the title and the wrestler of the year award he won and gave back the award :lol: