Pro Wrestling Only

Royal Rumble 2019

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Hegs said:

I didn't hear a big pop for the win.  Strange booking beating Becky clean here.

Neither did I. Not sure what people in this thread heard. Is it our TV sets? I don't have a fancy sound system. 

I also don't think that match was any great shakes. Yeah, it was awesome compared to, like, Divas matches from a decade ago, but I've seen both of them in much better matches.

I'm fine with the result if it means Becky is winning the Rumble or otherwise has a big spot at WM.  

11 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Because nobody gives a shit about Asuka. Her act did not translate one iota outside of NXT. WWE cooling her down and devaluing her sure as hell didn't help, but I always knew she'd have a tough road ahead of her on the main roster.

I'm rooting for Becky to lose via interference and then enter and win the Rumble. 

Lol Asuka has been getting good to great reactions for a while now. 

Becky/Asuka started a bit slowly but built very well between the dueling submission work and counters with real struggle down the stretch.  Loved the decisive finish even if I didn't necessarily love the decision.  Gut says it leads to Becky entering and winning the Rumble because otherwise this night is quite the burial, but a very good match regardless.

***3/4

6 minutes ago, Hegs said:

I didn't hear a big pop for the win.

I did so I guess my ears are bad.  *shrugs* :lol:  That was a great match and I had a lot of fun watching these two bridge each other's submissions until Asuka almost tore Becky's fucking head off.  They were fighting out there, not just wrestling, and I enjoyed it a lot.  Felt a lot of competitive respectful hatred.