Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/18 - 02/24 Governmental Twitter Dirty Laundry-Washing

KawadaSmile

8 hours ago, Strummer said:

once again reiterated that Lacey is in for a huge push.  Even comparing it to Roman. 

fucking ridiculous. yeah, make the argument that she's receiving a Roman-esque push, Dave. Charlotte is much more comparable (and worse in some aspects) to Roman.

Also it just bothers me how he still doesn't give Miz his due. What the fuck has Mike Mizanin done to him?

BTW, Tye Dillinger being gone changes absolutely nothing. He won't even get pushed in AEW, so maybe getting the Fed's money would be the better choice?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Strummer said:

also Dave says there is still no set mania card this late in the season.  I can't imagine a time this late when they didn't have a mania card planned.  Sounds like a lot of chaotic shit going on backstage

The obvious problem is that they don't have enough writers.  They need to hire some more.

8 hours ago, Strummer said:

Some stuff from Dave on WOR

once again reiterated that Lacey is in for a huge push.  Even comparing it to Roman. Company loves her background and think she has mainstream appeal.  Post mania if Ronda leaves top women will be Becky, Charlotte and Lacey.

Raw was originally going to be written around Seth but he hasn't been cleared.

Ronda was originally going to squash Alexa but they needed a competitive, good match to fill time ( no Seth) so Ruby was picked again.

NXT call ups were Vince's call as he believes Raw's ratings are down due to lack of star power and rest of Raw roster is too damaged.  NXT guys in line for big pushes to create stars.

Richochet was supposed to wrestle Balor but HHH didn't think Richochet should lose too soon and didn't want face v face

Why Kill Alexa? Pick someone else.

55 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

fucking ridiculous. yeah, make the argument that she's receiving a Roman-esque push, Dave. Charlotte is much more comparable (and worse in some aspects) to Roman.

Other than the obvious traits Vince likes, she's also ex military and a single mom. I could imagine the stars in their eyes thinking of all the PR possibilities. 

Hopefully she can overcome her Rumble performance, which I would hope was just her having a deer in the headlights moment in front of such a large crowd. I don't recall her being *that* bad the few times I remember watching her in NXT. 

4 hours ago, Strummer said:

oh and...

Hide contents

Unless plans change, Daniel Bryan’s opponent for WrestleMania is Kevin Owens.

That program and match will tank badly. People will get pissed it's not Kofi and will be "meh" about the whole thing. The match quality could be really good depending on card placement, but it will most likely end up getting crickets like Bryan vs AJ from the Rumble (or AJ vs Nakamura at WM for that matter).

No, it goes way back. Her 2017 Mae Young Classic bio specifically mentions her husband.

https://www.wwe.com/article/lacey-evans

And an article from around that time mentions that she had been with the guy for 13 years.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/culture/feature/article/20432226/lacey-evans-mae-young-classic-real-life-american-hero

If they did break up, I can understand WWE not wanting it to get out since it kind of kills her gimmick. Especially if the usual circumstances that lead to wrestler relationships ending are involved.

The roster is damaged due to shitty booking. The lack of star power is due to shitty booking. The low ratings are due to shitty booking.

It doesn't matter how great the matches are if the stories suck, the stakes are nonexistent, the characters never develop or grow, and the moments aren't made to matter beyond the exact point they occur.

They've been booking that way for a long time. It's shit, and it's bound to reflect in tangible ways eventually. You're only going to keep so many folks engaged with straight wrestling that doesn't lead to anything or mean anything. I know Pro Wrestling Only seems like an odd place to make that statement, but I firmly believe it.

Repairing a damaged Raw roster by raiding a fresh NXT roster, so that you can then damage them through the same hailstorm of shitty booking ideas, is shortsighted.

It's like using a band-aid for a case of gangrene. Covering it up doesn't treat the rot.

Debuting a bunch of NXT guys (on a show where no one gave a fuck because it was the wrong market) all at once from nowhere without aim reeks of desperation and looks like WCW debuting the New Blood (or whatever the name of the stable with the Power Plant guys was... yeah, I know I wrote that Highway to Hell thread, I should now, but I've erased as much as I could from my memory).

Outside of the fact the they dont usually have a rematch from the Previous PPV main event match headline Wrestlemania Kofi is the only opponent that makes sense. They could do he vs Styles but its been run into the ground. What ever other babyface they put in that spot will be hurt by the wrong type of heat if Kingston doesn't get the spot. This is the first Mania since WM13 were you one have al1 match officially booked one month before. I think they'll go with Kofi in the end but its obviously not the plan for Mania right now because they wouldn't have booked this for FastLane. I'm surprised Bryan hasn't pushed for Kofi at Mania 

15 minutes ago, El-P said:

Debuting a bunch of NXT guys (on a show where no one gave a fuck because it was the wrong market) all at once from nowhere without aim reeks of desperation and looks like WCW debuting the New Blood (or whatever the name of the stable with the Power Plant guys was... yeah, I know I wrote that Highway to Hell thread, I should now, but I've erased as much as I could from my memory).

Well you're SOL, because it was the Natural Born Thrillers.

:D

At this point, anything they throw together for Bryan will feel tacked on & rushed. Kofi doesn't feel like a truly satisfying fit for Mania, but it's not like there's any other OBVIOUS pick waiting in the wings either.

I personally hope it's someone better, but it's not like I'd be bothered if it went to Kofi or anything. It's looking like a majorly underwhelming lineup this year either way.

53 minutes ago, SomethingSavage said:

The roster is damaged due to shitty booking. The lack of star power is due to shitty booking. The low ratings are due to shitty booking.

It doesn't matter how great the matches are if the stories suck, the stakes are nonexistent, the characters never develop or grow, and the moments aren't made to matter beyond the exact point they occur.

They've been booking that way for a long time. It's shit, and it's bound to reflect in tangible ways eventually. You're only going to keep so many folks engaged with straight wrestling that doesn't lead to anything or mean anything. I know Pro Wrestling Only seems like an odd place to make that statement, but I firmly believe it.

Repairing a damaged Raw roster by raiding a fresh NXT roster, so that you can then damage them through the same hailstorm of shitty booking ideas, is shortsighted.

It's like using a band-aid for a case of gangrene. Covering it up doesn't treat the rot.

It's almost like sabotaging guys when they get hot because it might interfere with the push of your chosen one could potentially bite you in the ass down the road.

16 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

It's almost like sabotaging guys when they get hot because it might interfere with the push of your chosen one could potentially bite you in the ass down the road.

They do that alot, and the fact that they brought up another handful of NXT talent even though they haven't done anything with they guys they brought up last month. 

I’m glad that the years of pushing part time talent as the only thing that matters is coming back to bite them. They need a Mania like this to shake them into life and change the focus a bit.

As for Raw sucking, who would have guessed that putting all the good workers and tag teams who are capable of filling time with long matches on Smackdown would also come back and hurt them eventually?

I kinda don't blame them for not having a clear card for WM. There were some events that threw curveballs at them.

For instance, no one could predict that Ali would get hurt and Kofi, his replacement, would get absurdly over to the point where they are booking a 1v1 match at Fastlane. Do they go with the hot hand and make Kofi a transitional champ, and then go on with DB as normal?

Did they have plans for Dean Ambrose and his apparent retirement threw a wrench on it?

R-Truth got hurt during the Rumble, and afterwards became US Champ in a botch/audible.

Usos may not be renewing.

The Revival got their demands in order to not leave.

All in all, they could have avoided some, but also couldn't have avoided other stuff. The two programs they have set are interesting, though.

33 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

It's the one scenario where I would be happy with KO. I remember one promo when he was feuding with Dean, where he said "I'm going to eat popcorn and drink soda every day of my life!" and the crowd cheered so I guess they'll be on his side

Basically, the guy eating junkfood and living lazy is the babyface, and the progressive guy caring about the environment and his own health is the heel. At this rate, I'd have a SJW on a Pole match or something... (and I say that as someone who's often annoyed by some vegans' holier than thou attitude)