Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/25 - 03/03 THE BIG DAWG IS BACK

KawadaSmile

1 hour ago, Stiva said:

Dana Warrior is in there to "provide a female perspective" apparently. Think of all the talented women in the wrestling business who you'd assume are brimming with ideas and they turn to her.

No shit. Not only in the pro-wrestling business, but get some women scriptwriters who can actually write for women characters. It can't be that hard. That company baffles me. They will never ever get out of the bubble.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, sek69 said:

It feels like getting people like us to fight over it on a message board then they kind of accomplished their mission.

That seems like a really shallow, shortsighted mission then.

I mean, yeah. I'm commenting about their awful Twitter feud on a message board. But I also discovered their Tweets on a message board.

I'm not "following" these people. I'm not watching their television. I'm not enticed or hooked by anything they're saying or doing. It's all terrible. Most of us are simply disagreeing as to HOW horrible it's been.

So, I mean... If their aim was to fail, then sure. Mission accomplished, I guess..?

12 minutes ago, Captain Redneck said:

I thought her boyfriend was the former La Sombra?

I believe he is, which would explain why Charlotte and RUSH would be in the same room since he still hangs out with this Ingobernale bros. 

So on TV Ronda is all "Let's make history Becky!" "Think about your daughters, Steph!" On Twitter she's "Fuck you, Rebecca, I'm going to punch you for real because I hate your face so much!"

There's quite a disconnect here. Are they trying to shoot the angle they wanted because they realize WWE is trying to keep Ronda a babyface in this feud?

14 hours ago, artDDP said:

So on TV Ronda is all "Let's make history Becky!" "Think about your daughters, Steph!" On Twitter she's "Fuck you, Rebecca, I'm going to punch you for real because I hate your face so much!"

There's quite a disconnect here. Are they trying to shoot the angle they wanted because they realize WWE is trying to keep Ronda a babyface in this feud?

Listening to Dave from the other day, this Twitter stuff apparently is going on as intended. Ronda and Becky are doing this sort of on their own (Vince didn't come up with it but he's not stopping it either) and think this is a way to get the more hardcore fans worked up. He sees them getting mad as proof it's working, which I guess so. But it's also making one of your top stars you paid big money to get look like an unhinged loon. It's just leaving me gobsmacked that Ronda is coming up with all this and thinking "Yes. This is something I want out there as a reflection of me". That's before even addressing that this is some 2000 WCW "work the smarts" horseshit.

9 minutes ago, Strummer said:

I know it's a different landscape but Dave hated all the worked shoot stuff in late 90s/early 2000s wcw but loves this stuff?  Like I said social media alters what reality is but still don't see much of a difference in what's going on here.

I would guess this actually betrays how much of a Ronda mark he is, because the whole shooty-shooty stuff is always bad, no matter who does it.

58 minutes ago, Ricky Jackson said:

Worked shoot stuff like the Twitter war can work because when done sparingly it feels real. WCW did so much of it in a short period of time that nothing stood out and all it did was confuse viewers and turn them off 

I can't imagine "your finisher is fake and I'd kick your ass if we were fighting for real" working under any circumstances.

55 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Here's the thing though, if you choose to just ignore the twitter stuff, you'd be unaware of it as thus far, none of it has been mentioned on TV.  

More people follow Ronda on Twitter than watch Raw.

On Instagram I believe, she also posted this pic on Twitter calling herself the Volaqueen (spoiler'd for hugeness)

edited to include her description: "I’ll work on my Twitter game after Mania. For now, Lucha Libre training in Mexico City with my “top secret” trainer #volaqqueen"

49 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

I can't imagine "your finisher is fake and I'd kick your ass if we were fighting for real" working under any circumstances.

More people follow Ronda on Twitter than watch Raw.

Ok, but that doesn't change the fact that if you choose to ignore twitter, you'd be unaware of all this. If you just watch the TV, none of this nonsense would be part of the conversation. Now, if on Monday they start referencing the tweets then that's different.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Ok, but that doesn't change the fact that if you choose to ignore twitter, you'd be unaware of all this. If you just watch the TV, none of this nonsense would be part of the conversation. Now, if on Monday they start referencing the tweets then that's different.

Sure, and in a year's time, if you were to watch all this stuff again, there wouldn't be any references to the Tweets and those could all be forgotten.

Thing is, more people follow wrestling on the internet than actually watch it on TV, as evidenced by the fact that something worthwhile (like Roman's announcement) brings some of that audience back to TV. So for MOST people, the Tweets and the Mania blowoff will be this feud. Most likely. Theoretically.