Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/25 - 03/03 THE BIG DAWG IS BACK

KawadaSmile

1 hour ago, Coffey said:

Here's my question: Is Triple H Vs. Batista going to go on last now at Wrestlemania over the women's match?

Absolutely not. 

I’d imagine that just like last year, Triple H will put his match on relatively early to ensure the hottest possible crowd reaction.

No way do they go on after Becky, Ronda and Charlotte this year. 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Downend2005 said:

I’d imagine that just like last year, Triple H will put his match on relatively early to ensure the hottest possible crowd reaction.

Opening match. I actually would rather watch Omega play video games on Twitch than 50 years old Trip vs Batista having a banger of a boring as fuck nostalgia match at Mania. Put me in the "wouldn't give less of a fuck" crowd about this one. Well, since it's gonna be the only old legends match at Mania this year probably, maybe at least it will look different. As far as general interest, I guess this is gonna be hotter than anything involving Seth though...

Good for Roman !

28 minutes ago, Stiva said:

I actually think I’d rather have Reigns in Seth’s corner at Mania instead of having him wrestle one of Raws boring as fuck heel guys.

Yeah, the last thing he needs is to get stuck in that midcard vortex where the same six guys have been fighting since about September. Maybe he'll tag with Dean and squash Lashley and Drew to give him a nice send-off.

I wonder if they might go for almost an inverse Wrestlemania 31 ending. (No MITB or anything, just Seth getting the short end of the deal instead of Reigns)

Brock mauls Rollins in like 2 minutes and he can't continue, Brock gloats, Roman comes out, the match gets made, Reigns beats Lesnar's ass, and they finally get the ending they've wanted for years, Reigns winning the title at Wrestlemania to (hopefully) cheers.

Although, knowing the Mania crowd, they'd probably boo.

Yeah the heel side of Raw, the Corbin, Drew, Lashley trio (and Elias to a degree)especially have been hurt by stale rematch after rematch.  That group has been in the same cycle for months  Maybe the best route is a tag with Dean.

and eventually you have to do a Roman v Bryan program, right?  Nothing really stopping them from interacting now that Bryan is heel

14 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Yeah the heel side of Raw, the Corbin, Drew, Lashley trio (and Elias to a degree)especially have been hurt by stale rematch after rematch.  That group has been in the same cycle for months  Maybe the best route is a tag with Dean.

and eventually you have to do a Roman v Bryan program, right?  Nothing really stopping them from interacting now that Bryan is heel

The problem with that is that Bryan is on SD. Unless they do a speical inter brand match. 

Happy for Roman, glad he's back. 

I don't have much interest in watching Batista wrestle Helmsley at this point, but Dave's instantly the best actor in the company and he'll probably cut some decent promos in the build up. So that could be pretty cool, I guess. He also seems like a jam up fella. 

I skimmed the rest of the show. I think barely paying attention these days makes it more of a struggle than it would if I was watching week to week like the rest of you (or most of the rest of you), but I thought it was sort of unwatchable at points. I can't sit through most of the segments where someone has a mic. Like, I sure never finished the show and thought "that was maybe one of the best RAW episodes ever." I kind of miss being that immersed in what they're doing. 

I'd be shocked if Batista did one of the Saudi shows. He's enough of a star that he doesn't need WWE, and he's perfectly willing to tell them to stick it when what they're doing doesn't work for him. Plus, he seems like the kind of guy who would turn down Saudi blood money on principle. And even if he wouldn't, it would go over terribly in Hollywood.

14 hours ago, sek69 said:

It's past the Cornette Statute of Limitations of repeating an angle, but LOL at how they are just straight up copy-pasting the Austin stuff with Becky. I fully expect her to hijack a beer truck next week.

It's totally unique, because they added the Cena-Punk "heroic champ demands the beloved challenger gets the match" wrinkle.

3 hours ago, Makai Club #1 said:

The problem with that is that Bryan is on SD. Unless they do a special inter brand match. 

With the Smackdown to Fox thing coming soon, they might switch some bigger names like Roman over to there in the coming months. Especially if Becky is going to win the Raw women's title and presumably be on Mondays from now on. So I can definitely see that feud happening down the line. Maybe Roman vs Bryan can be the Summerslam programme to conclude this Bryan title run.

2 hours ago, Jmare007 said:

My guess is that HHH and DC Dave have a WM rematch in PARTS UNKNOWN in front of MBS and close as the main event. Probably a big gimmick match.

I think Dave would be the kind of guy to turn down a Saudi match. In fact, I kind of imagine that this Mania thing could be his last match because he always talked about wanting to retire against HHH at Mania.

1 hour ago, FMKK said:

With the Smackdown to Fox thing coming soon, they might switch some bigger names like Roman over to there in the coming months. Especially if Becky is going to win the Raw women's title and presumably be on Mondays from now on. So I can definitely see that feud happening down the line. Maybe Roman vs Bryan can be the Summerslam programme to conclude this Bryan title run.

With the switch to Fox, do we think Vince increases his focus on Smackdown? My initial thought on the Roman to Smackdown idea was that it would be interesting to see him in the slightly different environment over there, but there's a chance it wouldn't be so different in the fall. 

Just now, Strummer said:

1.Hope they go back to Owens as a face (which was clearly the plan with the vignettes) he needs a change.

2.thats twice Vince has overruled his kids now.  I guess the idea is Steph is a babyface except when she's involved with Becky

1. I dunno. They still can spin this as Owens just doing what's better for his family, no hard feelings or dickery. 

2. That's not really bad. I mean, it surely beats omnipotent authority fucking around with everyone.