Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/25 - 03/03 THE BIG DAWG IS BACK

KawadaSmile

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

The problem is that Austin is such an iconic figure and the stunner is so closely identified with him that anyone else who uses it is going to come across as lesser in comparison.

I tend to agree. When Mack was doing Austin mannerisms in LU, he came off more like a cosplayer than a star, and it's not like he needs any makeup to look like a star on his own, he's got the working ability and charisma. 

The Stunner's just been on the shelf for so long. The DDT slowly trickled away from Jake just like the Thesz press and everything else. In the early 00's I remember the older guys like Funk and Lawler using it a bunch on indies as a universal finisher like the DDT or the piledriver. One of Steen's best traits as a worker is his creativity, so I expect him to get this over like the Diamond Cutter where it can hit from anywhere out of nowhere. It's a good move and should be used as a finisher or sparingly in big matches. 

7 hours ago, Rah said:

Where does the Stunner now sit in presentation, though? If Cena was hitting springboard stunners to 2-counts why would KO get a win?

Because it's wrestling? JBL was winning matches with a clothesline and Ambrose does it with a DDT.

No one liked Cena's springboard stunner, to the point he didn't even kept doing it for long.

interesting note from the Observer is that Roman is trying to convince Dean to stay with the company.

apparently a fan asked Roman about Dean leaving and he replied "I'll take care of that"

and Dean just turned back face out of nowhere.  Yeah for a Shield reunion but it looks like they are trying to get him to change his mind about leaving

I'm not sure what Reigns (or Rollins or really anyone) can say or do to convince Dean Ambrose to stay if he wants to leave. 

The irony is that Ambrose's heel turn flopped so hard that they nudged him back into being a face weeks ago...while, if he was still a heel, they could've had him jump Reigns after his return announcement and actually build towards a match between them at Mania (if Reigns is, in fact, returning to action by then). Reigns/Ambrose as a personal grudge match feels more Mania-worthy than any other match either guy could have. 

31 minutes ago, Coffey said:

The fucking social media in-and-out of kayfabe "shooty" bullshit has GOT to stop. It's just dumb. Not just Ronda but ALL of them.

There.

And yeah, shooty-shooty is good for Vince era-WCW. Which I guess, is not that far removed anymore from this WWE in term of shitty writing.

33 minutes ago, Makai Club #1 said:

The shoot stuff is beyond dumb. Ronda should know better and someone should say something, then again WWE basically tells you it's not real anyway.

Becky is just obnoxious and doesn't help. 

WWE PR should control their accounts from now on. 

Rondas working herself into a shoot, brother.

I especially enjoyed her trying to bury Beckys finish as being fake and nonsensical when she’s already been shown selling it on TV, and when she inevitably gets trapped in it during the Mania match.

If this is their buildup for Mania, then yeah. This shit sucks, y'all.

On the other hand, it's kind of amusing that this Twitter beef horse shit would come back & bite them in the ass. It's appropriate too since they're such lazy storytellers that they rely on the talent to create their own feuds & stories in the cesspools of social media.

... Instead of, ya know, letting things happen on their television programs.

... Of which they only have about fifty-eleven hours per week to fill.

^ How can we reduce this into a sign I can pass out outside of Fastlane next week? (I'm not going, but its near my house)

I'm not as down on the Twitter beef stuff as most, but yeah, this just didn't click with anyone. Like, usually, if people hate it here, you might still find fans who think its cool or even buy into it on reddit, but everybody is shitting on it. 

If you're going to do the Twitter thing, why not take shots at each other that still work in kayfabe? Rousey can say how nobody thought a women's match would headline Mania till she showed up and Becky is just the lucky contest winner to lose to her next. She can say that nobody outside the WWE Universe knows who she is. Hell, get personal and talk about how Becky was a failed actress or, get real nasty, and throw in a line about how she'd like to shove her fist down Becky's throat - but Becky would be too used to that*. And Becky, well, she can retort with any number of failings - personal and professional - Rousey has had in the public eye. 

You can push the envelope and "blur the lines" and build mystique and have people wondering if these two have real, legit beef without going over board.

In fact, does anyone recall the Alexa Bliss/Sasha Banks match from last year (or the year before)? People were wondering if they were going to potato each other based on random, cryptic tweets from months prior and IIRC the fact that they didn't follow each other on Instagram. I think someone reported that they weren't friends in NXT and peopled believed we were going to see a shoot fight. Maybe the lesson is less is more?

EDIT - * that was meant as a reference to bulimia, not fellatio.