Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 05/06 - 05/13: Let's just cut 30% of all federal universities' budget

KawadaSmile

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The benefit of using Rhyno would be to do 10 minute opening matches on house shows with younger wrestlers who need ring time. Perhaps he should be back in NXT doing it though, since they don't seem to call up as many greenhorns anymore.

Watching the last few minutes of SVU before Smackdown starts, and man, I forgot what a depressing, fucked up show this is. 

WWE would kill to have this level of writing and character quality though. I haven't watched SVU in years, only caught the tail-end, and I already care more about everyone and everything on this show than years of bad WWE programming.

24 minutes ago, C.S. said:

She's not wrong, but it's like McDonalds tweeting about obesity awareness. 

On a related note, I look forward to the Revival going full HBK vs Hogan and making a mockery of all the future humiliations planned for them.

6 minutes ago, sek69 said:

On a related note, I look forward to the Revival going full HBK vs Hogan and making a mockery of all the future humiliations planned for them.

They were overselling the hell out of it last night.

Is it horrible to admit that I'm enjoying seeing them make the most of awful booking and make themselves look better in the process?

Usos look awful through all of this (and I feel for them too, because this is a no-win situation all around).

I hope Dash and Dawson come out and blind them with ass cream tonight.

The right team won.

The Usos are DOA as an act. Bad look, bad catchphrases, you name it. I'd rather listen to a Seth Rollins promo. (In-ring, The Usos are still fine.)

Remember the rumor that The Usos wanted their release too? Wonder if there's something to that, because as bad as The Revival looks in this storyline, The Usos look worse.

I really liked that match, but the three kickouts after Blue Thunder Bombs was a bit crazy. It made Kofi look great but are they planning on going with him for the foreseeable future? This week makes me wonder if they've changed their thinking away from him being a short-term thing. Clean pins in the main events on both of the big shows in long and competitive matches, and Bryan seems to be going in a different direction.

5 minutes ago, Charles (Loss) said:

This week makes me wonder if they've changed their thinking away from him being a short-term thing.

Maybe that was just us assuming this about Kofi though? I don't recall any news outlets saying that Kofi was meant to stay a transitional champion. 

37 minutes ago, Charles (Loss) said:

Probably early since people don't really have specific reason to cheer or boo yet and we don't know anything about his motivations other than that he seems to hate opening match comedy wrestlers and the Hardys because reasons.

They're trying to recreate the initial Brock debut, right?

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

The right team won.

The Usos are DOA as an act. Bad look, bad catchphrases, you name it. I'd rather listen to a Seth Rollins promo. (In-ring, The Usos are still fine.)

Remember the rumor that The Usos wanted their release too? Wonder if there's something to that, because as bad as The Revival looks in this storyline, The Usos look worse.

Didn't the Usos just sign a big new contract?

And I only watch the Raw highlights, but that "stop, drop, and roll" on the stage looked like the best thing on the show. Revival was selling it like somebody set off a car bomb on their crotches, and that's literally like the greatest thing to happen on Raw in years.

The bar has been lowered, folks. And this Usos/Revival thing has somehow found a way to limbo a little bit lower... In glorious fashion.

8 minutes ago, SomethingSavage said:

Didn't the Usos just sign a big new contract?

And I only watch the Raw highlights, but that "stop, drop, and roll" on the stage looked like the best thing on the show. Revival was selling it like somebody set off a car bomb on their crotches, and that's literally like the greatest thing to happen on Raw in years.

The bar has been lowered, folks. And this Usos/Revival thing has somehow found a way to limbo a little bit lower... In glorious fashion.

The Revival is selling the hell out of this, embracing it, and turning a negative into as much of a positive as possible.

Meanwhile, the Usos look like creepy, perverted jock-asses. Nothing much they can do to redeem their role in this storyline, because all WWE babyfaces have to be as obnoxious and unlikable as possible, I guess.

25 minutes ago, Matt D said:

They're trying to recreate the initial Brock debut, right?

Yes. That and its offshoots -- Strowman, Umaga, Rusev -- are the only type of push they've proven they can get right regularly in the last 15 or so years. It's been a long time since they've demonstrated that they can proactively get over a wrestler at that level who does normal wrestler things like sell and sometimes lose.

On 5/6/2019 at 9:51 PM, sek69 said:

It's like WWE hired Tim & Eric write these skits. 

It's a blatant rip off of Rob Smigel's TV Funhouse, and also Wonder Showzen

I don't hate it, I actually like it, but it's not original, and I don't see how it's going to translate to in-ring and in arenas

That said, I don't really care.  WWE can crash and burn all they want