Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/30 - 10/6 Posting quickly to avoid politics-inspired subtitles

KawadaSmile

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meltzer has been reporting that Seth Rollins segments have been the lowest rated on Raw for the last number of weeks. Surely they've got to stop pushing this guy and Sunday should really be the end of the road for him as a main event championship wrestler. He was a disaster on top as a heel in 2015 and he's been a disaster on top as a face in 2019. The sort of wrestler people get excited about the idea of and then quickly get bored by the reality.

Brayā€™s got the upper hand over the guy theyā€™re positioning as the face of the company this year and beat Brock twice this year including clean as a sheet a couple of months ago. Why arenā€™t more people convinced that Seth retains? Because The Fiend is a new character with some momentum? This is WWE guys.Ā 

4 minutes ago, FMKK said:

If I was in charge, Wyatt squashes him in five minutes and then Rollins is off TV for at least a month. Obviously that won't happen because he's already booked for Blood Money Mania but he needs a break from TV because he's so overexposed.

I would give him like 6 months off and have him be the post-Mania return. I would also tell him to keep his Twitter deleted because he's so unlikable.

The Fiend should win on Sunday. But with him beating Brock twice, along with all the legends' endorsements and WWE trying to make him/Becky their new power couple, it's hard to see where Rollins loses. At the very least, he leaves the PPV still Universal Champion to a schmozz.

Rollins isn't meant to be a top-tier guy. He doesn't carry himself like one, he doesn't have the components to become one. We would have seen progress toward that if he was by now. But no. That the only mainstream attention he gets these days is from being engaged to Becky is telling. Whatever IT is, Rollins doesn't have IT.

Ā 

No way Bray Wyatt leaves with the title. They could've done Braun a huge favor by having him take the title off him last month and, though I would've opposed it (along with most of the fan base), could've given an even bigger rub toĀ Baron Corbin by having him screw Rollins out of the title in that tag match.Ā 

The second victory over Brock sealed it, though. The company is "all in" on Seth Rollins, which makes total sense - he's the most Triple HishĀ wrestler on the roster. I could elaborate here, but I'm trying not to be so longwinded. Like Triple H, his reign of mediocrity will last a long, long time and diminishing ratings and house show attendance won't change a thing.

This company should've listened to Reigns fans and strapped him since the beginning, but they went out of their way to prevent him fromĀ having a meaningful title run, instead opting for Seth Rollins.Ā 

The political hit was real, people. We've argued for years that Roman was getting a super push and whatnot and he got shit by fans for years despite all the hard work, but all this time it was Seth Rollins who was pushed down our throats.

Near the 40 minute mark Punk says he did that test for the Fox show, he's open for "anything" but shuts down the idea of actually wrestling. Also says he's in conversations with Fox and that the fact that he revealed it might fuck the deal up :lol: He says he's not dealing with WWE at all for this, just with Fox. He's asked if WWE has reached out after this test and he says no.

Says his agent told him Fox asked for him to see if they could work something out and that they are going all in trying to make this WWE work.

Ā 

EDIT: Near the 1hr5min mark he tells some interesting details he discovered in his lawsuit against the WWE. He was able to get access to emails and conversations between people in the company discussing stuff like his mental health and not paying much attention to it because they needed him working some show. And of course, never actually discussing that kind of stuff with Punk.Ā 

5 hours ago, Seabs said:

Brayā€™s got the upper hand over the guy theyā€™re positioning as the face of the company this year and beat Brock twice this year including clean as a sheet a couple of months ago. Why arenā€™t more people convinced that Seth retains? Because The Fiend is a new character with some momentum? This is WWE guys.Ā 

Which begs the question to be asked: who do you position right now as the top face on RAW after The Fiend destroys Seth? Clearly, the fact that Rollins is the captain of Team Hogan indicates he won't be positioned in the title picture. So, do you wait for the draft to see where the chips may fall and find the contender to build that will eventually upend The Fiend?

I don't know if Rollins being on Team Hogan for the Saudi show means much. Most of those shows are non-canon. And if the WWE title is defended over there, that covers a world title being showcased for the event.

Part of me wonders if Roman and Becky will eventually split their time between shows. The Wildcard Rule is supposed to be done with the upcoming draft. But the WC Rule partly began because USA didn't like how RAW's ratings crashed. They apparently felt some of that was due to Roman moving during the Superstar Shake-Up. With how they're being presented as the current era's biggest stars, maybe they give Roman and Becky that flexibility? Say it's due to be the 2K20 cover athletes if they need an excuse.

3 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Rollins isn't meant to be a top-tier guy. He doesn't carry himself like one, he doesn't have the components to become one. We would have seen progress toward that if he was by now. But no.

I think you just accurately put into words how I feel about Kenny Omega as well. This is him to a T. Much like Seth, he comes off cornball instead of serious.

51 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Which begs the question to be asked: who do you position right now as the top face on RAW after The Fiend destroys Seth? Clearly, the fact that Rollins is the captain of Team Hogan indicates he won't be positioned in the title picture. So, do you wait for the draft to see where the chips may fall and find the contender to build that will eventually upend The Fiend?

Aleister Black could be an interesting foil to The Fiend.Ā 

Or just go with the obvious route and do Demon Balor vs Fiend Wyatt.

1 hour ago, SirEdger said:

The returning Balor would be an easy feud to run for a couple of months. They can do a match with Finn fighting valiantly and losing then a second where he does his dress-up BS. Vince would be all over that shit. Though I don't think doing quasi comedy matches with both men practically in drag would help Finn become the top babyface Raw so desperately needs.

Fuck it, just have Goldberg squash him at Mania.

55 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Aleister Black could be an interesting foil to The Fiend.Ā 

Or just go with the obvious route and do Demon Balor vs Fiend Wyatt.

My first thought also was Aleister Black. My main concern is that they'd rush it and kill the momentum The Fiend has, right away. I'd like a similar build like they did with the Taz vs Shane Douglas feud in 1998 ECW, where both guys feuded for the better course of a year but only wrestled 2 or 3 times during that time frame. I felt like those matches meant something.

15 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

I know the time has passed and they would never do it but I would have Big E beat the Fiend.

To me, you do Brock over Kofi and do a full stretcher job death angle. Then Big E can step up to Brock to avenge his friend.

I think Bray wins so Seth can get drafted to SD. That'll leave Braun as Raw's top face (ugh) to feud with Bray, which they set up last week.

While I do think Bray wins, I did find it funny/interesting that WWE posted a tweet, about a Hell in a Cell match, asking fans how you think it willl end: Pinfall, Submission, or DQ.

Ā