Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/30 - 10/6 Posting quickly to avoid politics-inspired subtitles

KawadaSmile

Massive new era for WWE where the big angle they shoot is for Saudi Arabia and the big build for the last couple of weeks has been for Fox, with the PPV totally neglected. The Network and the PPVs mean less than ever and it'll be interesting to see if Fox are pressuring them to put the big title matches etc. on TB every Friday if the ratings aren't what they want.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, BruiserBrody said:

Meltz also said the live crowd chanted "AEW" after the main event.  

I would have had Cain do the run in and ruin the main event.  I would think Cain as a challenger will alert more people to the fact that he won't win compared to simply a fight between the two gorillas. 

I like this better too because that way he jumps Brock. The stupid thing about what they did is a lot of people have no idea who Cain is which made their way of handling it kind of ridiculous looking.

4 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Brock vs. Cain is headlining a major show after Ronda ran roughshod over the women's division last year. How crazy is it that WWE has become the last bastion of Inokiism?

Truth be told, Ronda's run was fucking amazing and Brock vs Cain looks like it's going to be great. It's just a shame WWE likes UFC people more than their own stars, because they manage to present those like mega bucks, even in a different setting.

Gimme Lashley vs Sonnen or Aleister Black vs Lyoto Machida

18 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Truth be told, Ronda's run was fucking amazing and Brock vs Cain looks like it's going to be great. It's just a shame WWE likes UFC people more than their own stars, because they manage to present those like mega bucks, even in a different setting.

Gimme Lashley vs Sonnen or Aleister Black vs Lyoto Machida

When you can't actually build a star, you've got to present the ones you're buying in pretty well.

I just saw that tomorrow is Hell in a Cell and right now there are only four matches announced so far. Did the "season premieres" take that much attention by the creative team that they forgot that they have a "PPV" (Network special or whatever you want to call it) coming up?

15 minutes ago, Strummer said:

SD did 3.8 million viewers last night

Holy shit. It's the A show, everyone.

8 minutes ago, FMKK said:

When you can't actually build a star, you've got to present the ones you're buying in pretty well.

True, but it's just so odd that they can portray other people so damn well. It seems like the issue is that they don't want to, not that they can't.

23 minutes ago, Strummer said:

SD did 3.8 million viewers last night

Of course they did. But it doesn't matter one bit. Next week is the important number (just like it is for NXT and AEW).

7 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Holy shit. It's the A show, everyone.

Yeah, how crazy is that ? After 20 years, because of the Fox deal, Smackdown becomes the A show. It's kinda bizarro world in a way.

31 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Austin, Undertaker, and Sting were all advertised for Smackdown, and they were all absent with no explanation. Blatant false advertising doesn't exactly have a sterling track record as a strategy for audience growth.

WCW Reprazent

3 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

My takeaway from this week is they don't know how to fix things and I should stop giving them chances to win me back. I think I should just stick with AEW, Impact, MLW, NXT, etc. and just ignore the main WWE product.

I can't wait til the entire promotion becomes freak show bookings of long retired stars and MMA fighters angling for a Saudi payday

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

Austin, Undertaker, and Sting were all advertised for Smackdown, and they were all absent with no explanation. Blatant false advertising doesn't exactly have a sterling track record as a strategy for audience growth.

Not to mention, we got the same blatant bait-and-switch false advertising bullshit with Seth vs. Rey on Raw (match never happened) and I'd argue with Brock vs. Kofi too (that was a fucking joke, and I don't care if Fake Festus debuted afterward because I've never given a single solitary flying fuck about MMA and never will).

At least AEW delivers the shit it advertises, or announces changes ahead of time if there's an injury or some other situation. 

3 minutes ago, C.S. said:

(that was a fucking joke, and I don't care if Fake Festus debuted afterward because I've never given a single solitary flying fuck about MMA and never will).

I admit that cracked me up because I don't watch MMA and really I don't remember Cain without his mask during the AAA events (I've seen him, but I don't remember what he looked like). His body certainly wasn't Brock-like, or even, gasp, old-ass-Shamrock-like (who looked freakish in his IMPACT appearance last week). Now I can't picture him other than looking like Fake Festus. :D

4 minutes ago, El-P said:

I admit that cracked me up because I don't watch MMA and really I don't remember Cain without his mask during the AAA events (I've seen him, but I don't remember what he looked like). His body certainly wasn't Brock-like, or even, gasp, old-ass-Shamrock-like (who looked freakish in his IMPACT appearance last week). Now I can't picture him other than looking like Fake Festus. :D

Haha. It's also a play on Cain/Kane (Festus was the Fake Kane, as you know), so it works on multiple levels. :D

14 minutes ago, C.S. said:

(Festus was the Fake Kane, as you know), so it works on multiple levels. :D

That part flew over my head !

14 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

So... Bellator now?

Yeah, can't they steal Jake Hager from AEW ? I mean, he's a sure known MMA commodity and now an AEW Superstar. WWE needs him. Now.

Truth be told, Cain never had an impressive physique, even when he was kicking ass in UFC. Guys like Overeem, Brock, and Cigano always looked better, aesthetically speaking.

Also, SD peaked at over 4 million people. Incredible. Also good on them for reading the room and aiming at the 18-49 demo.

Imagem