Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/09 - 03/15 Working From Home Edition v1

WingedEagle

More than Smackdown or Wrestlemania, I'm really curious on what they do in the next 4-8 weeks for their TV shows. A lot of people in the company/roster are bound to catch the virus, that's just how it spreads/works, and for at least a month you gotta think that there's no way they'll be allowed to do big public events.

Are we close to finally seeing a WWE offseason?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

We were supposed to have Lollapalooza over here in Brazil in just a few weeks. Dunno if that's going to happen. Maybe it'll be postponed?

Our currency is devaluating more than Cedric Alexander. I made some quick math operations and I make around 400 dollars per month. Fuck this shit.

Suck my dick Bolsonaro.

I have a friend who is going to Lolla here in Chile and he's mad as fuck because it's been postponed in Brasil, Argentina and Chile.

33 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

More than Smackdown or Wrestlemania, I'm really curious on what they do in the next 4-8 weeks for their TV shows. A lot of people in the company/roster are bound to catch the virus, that's just how it spreads/works, and for at least a month you gotta think that there's no way they'll be allowed to do big public events.

Are we close to finally seeing a WWE offseason?

I do wonder about that. Doing shows without fans could work for a week or two, but it would be so genuinely strange that I can't see them doing it for two months. Maybe the option is the equivalent of studio shows? Only allowing 50-100 people in?

Dominos are falling today. Major League Soccer is suspending, NBA has suspended, every college conference has called off play. MLB will announce shortly it is suspending operations. I would be really surprised to see WWE continue to run events.

2 hours ago, Al said:

Dominos are falling today. Major League Soccer is suspending, NBA has suspended, every college conference has called off play. MLB will announce shortly it is suspending operations. I would be really surprised to see WWE continue to run events.

My guess is that right now they're discussing what the plan is. There's no way it happens as scheduled but I'm sure they'd like to be able to announce the new date with the postponement if possible.

AEW announced they won't be holding next week's show in Rochester. I suppose they'll probably do something in that building next to the Jag's stadium. WWE is putting themselves on an island as the only major sports and/or entertainment org not making an announcement, and playing chicken with the city of Tampa is amazingly dumb even by their standards.

36 minutes ago, sek69 said:

AEW announced they won't be holding next week's show in Rochester. I suppose they'll probably do something in that building next to the Jag's stadium. WWE is putting themselves on an island as the only major sports and/or entertainment org not making an announcement, and playing chicken with the city of Tampa is amazingly dumb even by their standards.

They could do something in Jacksonville or given that their production team is in Atlanta, why not set up something at the TNT studios for the time being? It's not ideal but in the meantime, it could work.

As for WWE, if I were them and forced to go to an offseason, I'd use my TV timeslots to show various WWF/E, WCW, ECW & NXT events while the pandemic gets under control. Could you find a better way to introduce potential new subscribers for the WWE Network?

WWE un-re-cancelled Smackdown from Detroit and will have it from the PC, which is something they should have just left alone yesterday when the local TV news reported it. They're really going to end up exposing their entire ass with this ordeal, which is both surprising yet entirely not at all surprising for these folks. 

Is Roman the unluckiest top guy ever? He's had at least three instances where his momentum was stopped due to circumstances beyond his control.

1. Wins WWE Title in 2016 and after a while gets popped for ADDERALL.
  2. Wins Universal Title in 2018 and his leukemia returns.
  3. Finally after beating leukemia's ass for the SECOND TIME and spending way more time doing nothing than he should've, his momentum is haltedwhen he was on his way to a legit big match.

9 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

I know that it has been postponed in Argentina, but no confirmation about what's happening in Brazil. Considering Bolso thinks it's all just a "fantasy"...

According to the news, dummies from your government who were exposed to the virus met (and shook hands) with dummies from our government, so there's all sorts of hilarity is sure to ensue from that I'm sure.

As far as Goldberg/Roman,  WM is absolutely going to happen even if it gets delayed from the original date. I don't think it will be too much of a momentum breaker when the rest of the world came to a screeching halt as well. 

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

According to the news, dummies from your government who were exposed to the virus met (and shook hands) with dummies from our government, so there's all sorts of hilarity is sure to ensue from that I'm sure.

Fucking Bolsonaro might have Coringavirus now. That fucker. Yeah please don't take the test in Miami you fuck, go back to Brazil and put the health of other people in jeopardy you absolute moron.

14 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Is Roman the unluckiest top guy ever? He's had at least three instances where his momentum was stopped due to circumstances beyond his control.

1. Wins WWE Title in 2016 and after a while gets popped for ADDERALL.
  2. Wins Universal Title in 2018 and his leukemia returns.
  3. Finally after beating leukemia's ass for the SECOND TIME and spending way more time doing nothing than he should've, his momentum is haltedwhen he was on his way to a legit big match.

Getting popped for adderall wasn't really something beyond his control tbf

So, a friend of mine brought up this point: is it possible that Vince is waiting on the city/state to make the call on Mania since he probably will collect some sort of insurance if it’s cancelled?  I’m not familiar with that kind of thing, but it seems like if he made the call to cancel, he’d lose that. 

2 hours ago, Log said:

So, a friend of mine brought up this point: is it possible that Vince is waiting on the city/state to make the call on Mania since he probably will collect some sort of insurance if it’s cancelled?  I’m not familiar with that kind of thing, but it seems like if he made the call to cancel, he’d lose that. 

I just assume he figures this way he doesn't look like a quitter or something. Then when they have the Corona Virus Remembrance episode of Smackdown, Stephanie can cry and compare this to the time he beat the Federal Government.

I think WWE is absolutely waiting for the authorities to cancel for financial reasons. I can't say I blame them, it's a huge event and they've got five nights of events? But at some point common sense should intervene. Everyone knows there's not a chance in hell of this happening.

2 hours ago, Log said:

This. It's become clear that if Vince cancels WM, WWE doesn't get paid. If Tampa city officials cancel, WWE still gets their money. 

Also keep in mind how Tampa is/was counting on WM to bolster their economy. The last thing they need is paying for a show that likely won't happen as currently advertised.

Everyone is also hoping that by March 31/April 1, the pandemic has peaked. That's 18/19 days from now and maybe it's possible. I wouldn't count on it, though.