Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

9 hours ago, El-P said:

I wonder what happens when Vince dies, after the obligatory tribute to the great dead guy. Are the floodgates gonna open on all the bullshit that went on in this company for seemingly decades now ?

Nah, because Steph McMahon will still be there, and nobody will ever want to burn that bridge.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The cult leader magic will be gone though. It'll be hard to keep the gates closed when there's no longer a charismatic leader around to keep people entranced, 

I recently watched a documentary about the Kim family from North Korea, and it was interesting to see how it was Kim Jong-Il who was the propaganda master who created the cult of personality around his father that made him a God to the people and basically created the Kim dynasty as we know it. The scenes of people bursting into tears at the announcement of Kim Il-Sung's death It made me think it's probably what we'll see when the time comes for Vince. I'd half expect WWE to build a giant statue of Vince and decree anyone working for WWE have a portrait of Vince in their homes at all times.

The difference here is no one in WWE seems to be at the level of Kim Jong-Il in terms of propaganda though, I fully expect whoever's left in charge to do a series of embarrassing tributes that reset the cringe meter.

12 hours ago, C.S. said:

More scummy sleaze by WWE:

I guess to Vince, it was worth it to lose his TV deal in Canada with TSN the very next day and spend numerous years with WWE programming being slotted in the graveyard slots on Global until they signed the deal with Rogers to show WWE programming on Sportsnet 360 (The Score). Honestly, one of the stupidest booking moves Vince has ever made.

1 hour ago, SirEdger said:

I guess to Vince, it was worth it to lose his TV deal in Canada with TSN the very next day and spend numerous years with WWE programming being slotted in the graveyard slots on Global until they signed the deal with Rogers to show WWE programming on Sportsnet 360 (The Score). Honestly, one of the stupidest booking moves Vince has ever made.

TSN cancelling Raw because of the sex celebration is an urban legend. They stopped airing Raw because they got the rights to broadcast MNF in Canada starting in the fall of 06. Last Raw on TSN was apparently late-July 06

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/wwe-raw-bounces-over-to-the-score/article18168373/

17 hours ago, sek69 said:

I'd half expect WWE to build a giant statue of Vince and decree anyone working for WWE have a portrait of Vince in their homes at all times.

Sort of like the Baba image on the curtains of AJPW shows in 2001/2 or the photo of misawa at the June NOAH shows but instead it is a giant statue glaring down at everything from the entrance ramp all year round. All wrestlers are required to bow to it while entering and talk to it as if Vince is really there during promos.

8 hours ago, sek69 said:

We joke, but his mom is still going strong at 100 so it's not out of the question he has at least another 20 years left in him. 

She probably hasn't done as much coke though.

Can you picture the WWE run by an 90 year old Vince ? Holy shit, the disaster !:lol:

23 hours ago, Richeyedwards said:

All wrestlers are required to bow to it while entering and talk to it as if Vince is really there during promos.

Vince's mummified corpse will become the new Wrestlemania sign for everyone to point to.

The biggest issue with Vince largely keeping himself off TV is we don't see him gradually aging anymore so when we do see him it's shocking. I'd wager if he was still appearing (not that I'm saying I wish he was still all over TV every week) it wouldn't be as much of a surprise to see how he looks now.

Mark Henry's at it again - this time against the monumentally dumb jock-ass Ryback.

When Ryback comes out looking like the better, classier, and more stable of the two, you know you have to rethink your approach.

WrestlingInc.com: Mark Henry Says Ryback Should Apologize For Recent Comments

WrestleZone.com: Mark Henry Responds To Ryback: ‘I Could Take A Nap And Be Better Than That Motherf*cker Any Day Of The Week’

Update: I spoke too soon. Meathead Ryback fired back with some nasty shots - even invoking the name of Big Match John.

WrestlingInc.com: Ryback And Mark Henry War Of Words Continues

50 minutes ago, Dale Wolfe said:

It's a shame they can't take these trivial internet beefs and just have it out

Washed up wrestler mma. It would still be better than 3/4 of raw

Brawl for all except everyone thinks they're MMA fighters instead of Toughman competitors. 

9 hours ago, sek69 said:

Wednesday was the night NBC Sports aired NHL games, so NXT is either going to have to move to another night or get pre-empted on a regular basis. 

Some of the talk is that one reason they shut down NBCSN is because their biggest contracts like NHL and Premier League are up next year, and they don't expect to retain them. So maybe that situation would be temporary for WWE.