Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

5 minutes ago, flyonthewall2983 said:

HBO’s Real Sports is sniffing around the allegations apparently

It doesn't quite pack the punch it would have years ago, but it would certainly shine some light on WWE to folks who normally wouldn't be aware of such things. 

Also HBO being part of the Warner/Discovery empire could have implications for any future TV deals if/when Vince throws a hissy at them if they do this. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I’d wager this is going to get very ugly, very quickly.

We’re through the looking glass now, boys. I assume Dunn and Pritchard fall next. Can Coach Tony K take advantage of the chaos? I notice they announced Hunter is back to work; does this actually end with him and Steph on the throne, as they always envisaged?

6 minutes ago, MoS said:

This retirement is out of nowhere, 

You mean, out of nowhere when there's an inquiry about him using millions of company money to shut off women employees whom he had sexual intercourses with ? I mean, out of nowhere kinda sorta....

2 minutes ago, Robert S said:

Like all wrestlers, he will be back within a year.

This.

5 minutes ago, MoS said:

There have to be more mainstream news articles coming. This retirement is out of nowhere, and Vince always said that the only way he would cede control is if someone was ruthless enough to stab him and snatch it 

Someone found where the bodies were buried, or the investigation flipped someone who knew. Has to be. I don't see Vince leaving under any other terms than that. 

9 minutes ago, El-P said:

You mean, out of nowhere when there's an inquiry about him using millions of company money to shut off women employees whom he had sexual intercourses with ? I mean, out of nowhere kinda sorta....

I mean, when has that stopped powerful men from retaining their power. I didn't see any indication from the last few weeks that he felt pressured enough to do this. The man was appearing on live TV and apparently said "Fuck them" backstage about the allegations after one of his segments on SD a few weeks ago. 

8 minutes ago, El-P said:

A thought for Dave Meltzer, who thought he could just lay back and enjoy Briscoes vs FTR this week-end.

The two WSJ articles also dropped on Fridays. I can’t imagine how many hats Meltzer has punched through.

Just now, MoS said:

I mean, when has that stopped powerful men from retaining their power. 

They are beginning to fall. Slowly, but it happens. Harvey Weinstein fell. Some people in France are going through the same process (for rape accusations). 

1 minute ago, MoS said:

I didn't see any indication from the last few weeks that he felt pressured enough to do this. The man was appearing on live TV and apparently said "Fuck them" backstage about the allegations after one of his segments on SD a few weeks ago. 

Yep, but more is probably to come. I mean, I'm neither shocked nor think it will immediately change anything. But I'm not shocked. Now, I'm just waiting to see (and hoping) if there's an actual killshot coming.

I am very curious to see what happens with Bruce Prichard and to a lesser degree, Kevin Dunn now. If those two end up being shown the door some time in the next 3-6 months, then actual organizational changes might actually be coming to WWE. If not, then it’s a safe guess that Vince will just be calling the shots from afar.

3 minutes ago, El-P said:

Stephy is incompetent. They said it themselves a few weeks back.

Dunn is god awful.

Triple H has been exposed a long time ago.

Brucie is... :lol:

You know Vince is gonna write the show from his home anyway. 

Rumor has always had it that Stephanie and Trips do not like Prichard and Dunn, and vice versa. I don’t see those four willing to coexist, or even being able to coexist voluntarily. If they do then we know that Vince is still pulling the strings, which is what I assume will happen. I am kind of curious what role Nick Khan will take in all of this as well.