Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

22 hours ago, El-P said:

sarkozy-indignit%C3%A9.gif

But yeah. Actually, France may have played a very active part in the corruption that led to Qatar getting the World Cup. The guy up there probably knows a few things about it...

France is also a top 3 weapons seller in the world (I think, at the very least top 5). Hurrah.

I was more thinking further back, Africa, "Indochine" and the middle east (Syria, Lebanon) that have a HUGE effect on lots of conflicts or problem areas around in the world in the last let's say 70 years. But obviously many western countries make a lot of money from weapon exports (with the US contributing to about half of ALL arms exports - not surprising considering that 7 of the 11 biggest weapon manufacturers are located in the US).

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From the “I had no idea they had heat” department…

Last night on Twitter, Ric Flair took some shots at JBL. He basically implied that JBL did not belong in the WWE HOF because he was a bully.

For those of you keeping track at home, I guess that means:

Bullying = Unacceptable 

Sexually harassing/assaulting women = Perfectly fine, boys will be boys, don’t be ridiculous.

Seriously though, Ric Flair of all people trying to take the moral high ground on any person regarding any issue is hysterical.

On 11/6/2022 at 4:04 AM, sek69 said:

Probably not in no small part that in a week or so there's a good chance my state will be represented in the Senate by Doctor Fucking Oz. 

I noticed that you dodged a bullet there. It seems the electorate is willing to overlook a physical disability when electing someone to office.

Aside from John Fetteman, your state showed they are even MORE open minded in matters like this, by reelecting Anthony DeLuca, who managed to overcome the one physical ailment which I would’ve thought was insurmountable…what with him being dead, and everything.

12 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Deluca had been the representative in the district I grew up in (shout out to Penn Hills) since 1983 so I'm positive people voted for him out of reflex. Hell, I probably would have too if I still lived there. 

It reminds me of that (underrated) movie The Distinguished Gentleman where a congressman dies of a heart attack and a con man who has the same legal name runs for the seat using the campaign slogan “The Name You Know” and he actually gets elected, because most of the voters don’t know the original guy died.

30 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

It reminds me of that (underrated) movie The Distinguished Gentleman where a congressman dies of a heart attack and a con man who has the same legal name runs for the seat using the campaign slogan “The Name You Know” and he actually gets elected, because most of the voters don’t know the original guy died.

Funny you should say that, his son (Anthony Deluca Jr.) ran for mayor and his campaign signs had the "Jr" in the smallest, bottom-line-on-the-eye-chart font possible.

On 11/9/2022 at 3:21 PM, The Thread Killer said:

I noticed that you dodged a bullet there. It seems the electorate is willing to overlook a physical disability when electing someone to office.

Aside from John Fetteman, your state showed they are even MORE open minded in matters like this, by reelecting Anthony DeLuca, who managed to overcome the one physical ailment which I would’ve thought was insurmountable…what with him being dead, and everything.

I’m over here hoping Fetterman stays off the grid now, much like a wrestler staving off much needed surgery until after working a big match, and heals as much as he actually can.  No reason he should have been out there as much as they propped him up over the last 7 months.

Braun now getting owned by Jeff Jarrett is the next best thing in this ungoing saga of him being a useless sack of shit getting owned by everybody on the planet. He should be NWA champ or something. Remember the story of him being humbled by Karen a few years ago too after he was acting like an asshole.

The test, for me, isn’t whether Triple H’s booking is better, nor his hiring and firing practices - can he build new stars? Or will he continue relying on used condoms like Johnny Knoxville and long-retired ghosts of successful eras past to prop up his shows?

27 minutes ago, Dav'oh said:

The test, for me, isn’t whether Triple H’s booking is better, nor his hiring and firing practices - can he build new stars? Or will he continue relying on used condoms like Johnny Knoxville and long-retired ghosts of successful eras past to prop up his shows?

My biggest issue with the main roster in WWE is that everyone always feels so stale. Even guys that never even really got huge pushes. Like Lashley feels stale. McIntyre feels stale. Kevin Owens feels stale. Finn Balor feels stale.

Never mind people like Orton or Dolph.

They just need new faces & blood at the top. Not guys that show up & have to wait a decade to get a shot. They need to just make guys like Gunther or Bron Breakker & see if they stick. Not 50/50 booking. Not "paying your dues." Just get some new people at the top of the cards. WWE just feels fucking OLD. 

At least Judgment Day is using Rhea & Dominick.

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

It's also a reminder that we shouldn't give HHH too much credit for fixing Vince's mistakes when those "mistakes" include getting rid of the likes of Braun and Karrion Kross.

To be fair to Hunter, Braun (twitter stupidity aside) was a top guy who was cut for BS budget reasons and Karrion Kross was one of his NXT babies who got turned into Farooq 2.0 on the main roster. I can see why he would want a do over on him.

The G00NTHA push is good, too. He's legitimized Imperium and somehow managed to get the Brawling Brutes over, which was no small feat considering one of them is named Butch and the other broke Big E's neck. Mia Yim was already placed on a important spot (surely is doing more than her NXT sting already) and Shotzi just got a title match. Raquel is looking very good (get rid of that fucking back pose) and just very happy in general.

Not everything is a hit, of course, but some things are different.

On 11/17/2022 at 1:14 AM, Coffey said:

WWE just feels fucking OLD. 

Because they are. 

I honestly don't even fathom the people who have been watching this for 20 years straight or more. I've been back watching some form of weekly TV (after basically quitting for 15 years) since about late 2014, so that's 8 years, and I kinda feel that exhaustion again. And it's not like I've been religiously watching the same promotion during those years. I was all about Lucha Underground, then quite a bit of NJPW, some big WWE shows mostly for the women wrestling which was so fresh and a period of NXT big shows, then got into weekly IMPACT since 2018, then AEW. I go through phases. Right now I'm clearly feeling a cool down period more and more. But I can't even imagine how people who have seen Randy fucking Orton for 20 years straight on their TV would give a damn, no matter how "refreshed" he can seem at time. I use him as an exemple, but really even people who have been there for like 6 years is an eternity.

Orton's team with Riddle was sa breath of fresh air since it was the first time in forever he seemed to be giving a shit on a regular basis. 

Your overall point remains true though, it's long been an issue with WWE that ever since the Brand Uber Alles era began they've essentially had the same people around for 15+ years. 

On 11/18/2022 at 12:23 PM, NintendoLogic said:

I never thought Linda would find a worse career than CEO of WWE, but full-time election denier certainly qualifies.

Wonder if this Twitter Twat realizes constantly giving a narcissistic attention whore troll with a “haters gonna hate” mentality the “every bowel movement treatment” is just as big of a reason for him running in 2024, and feeling that he’s still relevant in the national political arena as the crowds that show up to his rallies.