Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Replacing someone as savvy as Double J with a Q-Pilled walking PR disaster like "The Real Double J" Jesse James? With boneheaded moves like that, the bloom is already off the rose when it comes to Trips being considered "smarter" and "better" than his predecessor. 

7 minutes ago, Robert S said:

Talking about racist WWE executives, is Michael Hayes still employed and in a position of power?

It's okay, he has a black daughter.

(Yes, in case anyone couldn't tell, I'm obviously being sarcastic.)

That was legitimately a defense made on his behalf, though, when Hayes was a guest on Legends with JBL.

He's gonna show up in GCW again, Effy needs his win back.

Fuuuuck, now I really want him and Karen to show up in AEW at some point. I mean, he needs to ! That's what AEW needs ! 

Road Dogg back on the fold with Trip putting all his good ol' soldiers back. Holy shit people... When the bloom is gonna be off the rose with the "Papa Trip is gonna make WWE great again" narrative, it's *really* gonna be off, I'm telling you. 

I told you Gargano was gonna be the next one back, didn't I ? I did. You did not listen. But I totally did.

5 hours ago, El-P said:

I told you Gargano was gonna be the next one back, didn't I ? I did. You did not listen. But I totally did.

Apparently neither AEW or Impact had much interest beyond kicking the tires, so it really didn't have any other options unless he went to New Japan (which wouldn't be an option considering his new baby). 

On 8/23/2022 at 4:17 PM, sek69 said:

Apparently neither AEW or Impact had much interest beyond kicking the tires, so it really didn't have any other options unless he went to New Japan (which wouldn't be an option considering his new baby). 

Which has me LOLing since I saw an AEW social media Stan act like this is such a backstab, and called Gargano a traitor.

No, that would be if a contract was signed, or it was close to being signed, and HE backed out because he realized Trips was back in power.

On 8/23/2022 at 4:17 PM, sek69 said:

Honestly, if you look at the current landscape of AEW, if you're a guy like Gargano, what is appealing that would make you leave WWE? I assume when she's ready to return Candice LaRae will also want to comeback & the women's division in AEW is bleak. If you're Gargano, AEW is already filled to the brim with very similar talents & a lot of them barely make TV or are only on Dark or Rampage. Like Andrade & Miro barely make Dynamite anymore. Miro is just doing pretape promos & Andrade has just been doing 6-man stuff lately. Of course we still get to sit through Gunn Club bullshit with The Acclaimed for... reasons... but guys like Buddy Mathews or Ethan Page or ReDragon or PAC hardly show up.

Gargano on the main roster in WWE can do new stuff. Gargano in AEW I feel would be just doing the same stuff he already did in NXT with the likes of Adam Cole when he's healthy & such. 

I just don’t believe that WWE reached out to Jericho. I can believe that they called Swerve because they were bringing Hit Row back, or Keith Lee because Trips is a fan, or either Starks or Hobbs, but I cannot imagine anybody at WWE looking at Jericho’s self-indulgent bullshit and saying that they want to be in that business.

Sure, WWE would not want Chris Jericho at all,who is one of the biggest stars of the opposition, has been since day 1, and who would come back with a bigger profile than he ever had before. Edge is gonna re-retire sooner than later, so they will soon need another glory days star for Mania, and there aren't many anymore, especially who can work at Jericho's level (think what you want about him, he's been delivering big time in big single's matches lately).

19 minutes ago, Reel said:

I don't know if WWE wants to bring back Jericho, but I'm absolutely positive Chris Jericho wants everyone to think WWE wants him back.

LOL that’s exactly what I thought. I have no doubt at all that Triple H would LOVE to get a ton of people back from AEW. Cole. O’Reilly. Fish. Lee. Swerve. Joe. Regal, especially. But I highly doubt that Jericho is anywhere on that list, except in his own mind.

Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall have all admitted that they used to imply that WWE was trying to get them, and use that to either get a raise or a contract extension from WCW. Eric Bischoff has admitted that as well. I would bet you that is exactly what Chris Jericho is doing. 

11 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

LOL that’s exactly what I thought. I have no doubt at all that Triple H would LOVE to get a ton of people back from AEW. Cole. O’Reilly. Fish. Lee. Swerve. Joe. Regal, especially.

There's that fellow Danielson too... Although interestingly enough, he doesn't have any family in the office anymore !

8 minutes ago, El-P said:

There's that fellow Danielson too... Although interestingly enough, he doesn't have any family in the office anymore !

Danielson is also someone that's very loyal to Vince. Gotta wonder if in 2 more years when his deal expires and WWE comes calling with a big part timer offer he's gonna be as receptive as if Vince would still be around.

39 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall have all admitted that they used to imply that WWE was trying to get them, and use that to either get a raise or a contract extension from WCW. Eric Bischoff has admitted that as well. I would bet you that is exactly what Chris Jericho is doing. 

MJF is absolutely taking notes. He will be AEW's 1999 Kevin Nash, IF YOU WHEEEL.