Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

Meanwhile, it seems like everybody already forgot the reasons why Vince was ousted. The mere fact he's been back doing whatever he's doing is a complete joke to begin with.

The backstage pet-talks and employee meetings is merely damage control in term of workers morale. Who in their right mind would believe any of what these individuals say ? Like, really now ? After WHY he was gone ?

Apparently Kevin Dunn was part of that wonderful managerial brainwashing session too. Vince n°1 stooge having a say in any of this is yet another red flag.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any thoughts on the report from the Observer that FOX is losing $150m+ annually on having SmackDown?

I plead ignorance on where these numbers are coming from or their validity, but I'm guessing that, pre-SmackDown, FOX was airing either repeats of shows they already owned (Gordon Ramsay shows, second-run movie "premieres") at way, way less money and were getting the same advertising revenue? 

If that's the case, this report might be the most damning thing to come out this week for WWE. Nobody is going to pay NFL prices for Master Chef: Kids Championship numbers. 

11 minutes ago, El-P said:

I hope Nick Khan explains us how it's a great move for WWE that Vince has paid off yet another woman who has accused him of rape, I really do. The amount of mental gymnastic would be uncanny valley level of cerebral twists.

Vince must really be serious about selling. I saw a business report about the potential sale and one of the analysts was saying that pending lawsuits against the company could scare off any serious buyers. That’s great news for anybody who has a lawsuit already filed against WWE. Especially MLW, which is hilarious because apparently their lawsuit is transparent and flimsy. They could end up getting paid just to go away and not screw up the sale. Jerry McDevitt finally has an Achilles heel visible to everybody.

11 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

Especially MLW, which is hilarious because apparently their lawsuit is transparent and flimsy. They could end up getting paid just to go away and not screw up the sale. Jerry McDevitt finally has an Achilles heel visible to everybody.

It's amazing how McDevitt has been neutered. The only reason they are still denying the rape accusations with Chatterton is because it's an old case and they had denied it back in the days. But apart from that, it's "Hey, take a whole lot of money please" with zero fight. 

Yeah, MLW getting a shitload of money because of all this would be hilarious. Them getting none would be even funnier though. 

It was pretty hilarious hearing Khan kiss Vince's ass on the Simmons podcast when he was part of the board that voted unanimously against bringing him back. By the way, his comments about how he always knew Vince would be back along with the Chatterton news make me wonder if his sabbatical wasn't in part so he could make hush money payments without having to put them on the company books.

17 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

It was pretty hilarious hearing Khan kiss Vince's ass on the Simmons podcast when he was part of the board that voted unanimously against bringing him back. By the way, his comments about how he always knew Vince would be back along with the Chatterton news make me wonder if his sabbatical wasn't in part so he could make hush money payments without having to put them on the company books.

Well considering they’re maybe getting reamed for not disclosing those expenses because they provided a material benefit to the company, even if the money didn’t always come from the company coffers, I tend to think him being off the board doesn’t give him free license to make hush money payments, considering he was still the majority shareholder.

Is it possible to characterize WWE as somewhat of a pump and dump scheme? Become a public company and get a bunch of outside investors bolstering the McMahon family’s personal fortunes on the basis of bloated media rights deals taking advantage of changes to the televisual marketplace in the wake of the rise of streaming and DVR, then sell it at a relative high point of its valuation just when it looks like the media rights fees are gonna take a big hit? That’s an extremely bloated sentence, but that story that Fox lost hundreds of millions of dollars broadcasting Smackdown was nuts to me.

The one thing I learned the other day is that McMahon's family shares did not had the same voting power as other shares. How the fuck is that even legal ? :D Capitalism as a whole is just a fraud, but this entire WWE thing reeks more and more of ridiculously carny shit. 

Also, the one mystery question remains : who from the board leaked the story ? I'm guessing he/she ain't on the board anymore, but still. Who did it ?

28 minutes ago, El-P said:

The one thing I learned the other day is that McMahon's family shares did not had the same voting power as other shares. How the fuck is that even legal ? :D Capitalism as a whole is just a fraud, but this entire WWE thing reeks more and more of ridiculously carny shit. 

Also, the one mystery question remains : who from the board leaked the story ? I'm guessing he/she ain't on the board anymore, but still. Who did it ?

In “The Age of Surveillance Capitalism”, Shoshanna Zuboff says Google exploded the use of split voting power stock offerings, which were comparatively rare before the 2000s, when they did their IPO, as the original founders wanted to remain in control of realizing their “vision”.