Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

Nick Khan means nothing for creative. He's an executer from outside. He's gonna do what Mr. McMahon tells him to do, including firing people again if need be. He can move to another business realm and not bat an eye. Thinking Vince being back doesn't mean WWE is entirely Vince's creature again (was it ever not ?) is fooling yourselves. Vince is WWE, WWE is Vince. He won't go unless it's under his own will entirely, and he apparently won't let WWE be without him deciding what's it's gonna be.

Oh, to be a mouse somewhere in Paul & Stephy's house and listen to the conversations....

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And right after Steph resigns...

So two weeks ago the board voted unanimously against Vince coming back. So Cokeboy gets rid of three people, replaces them, other three resign and now he gets the vote he wanted without anyone being against it.

Y'all weren't kidding when y'all talked about the power he truly had as a shareholder. Good lawd.

I mean, Saudi being interested is not big news I think. Some rumors about shit being a done deal (and making WWE private again) make no sense, how the hell could that thing be done in just a couple of days? lol.

All the cryptic tweets being about Triple H would make more sense. Maybe Vince wants to put Johnny Ace in charge of talent again...

11 minutes ago, sek69 said:

More people on Twitter heavily implying the Saudi rumor is happening, and as such the reason Vince bum rushed his way back on the board so he could make it official. 

Vince somehow being savvy enough to negotiate everything he wanted in total privacy while he was gone, somehow avoid any leaks to reputable/major media outlets when talks are with Saudi Arabia of all places, and then doing a hostile takeover so he could sign the deal he wanted is something I don't have any ways to describe.

Tony K's gotta be absolutely giddy at this point. Jags went from last years laughingstock to AFC South champs, Fullham is solidly entrenched in the midcard in the Premier League after riding the regulation yo-yo, and Vince is pouring gallons of gas on WWE and is preparing to light the match. 

5 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Tony K's gotta be absolutely giddy at this point. Jags went from last years laughingstock to AFC South champs, Fullham is solidly entrenched in the midcard in the Premier League after riding the regulation yo-yo, and Vince is pouring gallons of gas on WWE and is preparing to light the match. 

Unless the Saudis just decide to go full LIV/Ronaldo and offer hundreds of millions of dollars to guys to jump.

1 minute ago, PeteF3 said:

Unless the Saudis just decide to go full LIV/Ronaldo and offer hundreds of millions of dollars to guys to jump

Based on how their understanding of wrestling seems to have stopped in the 90s, the only person in AEW they would probably offer money to is Sting.  Also probably Double J because he always finds a way. 

And if he really pulled this shit off, he probably stays in charge and has to answer to nobody with the company going private. Unless the allegations against him (and/or more show up) go to trial and he ends up like Weinstein.

This whole rumor is so fucking crazy I refuse to believe it until it's truly official, lol.

35 minutes ago, Coffey said:

How reliable is this jabrone?

He's the guy who declared flat-out that Mercedes Mone was #AllElite, so I guess we'll get a hint tomorrow night one way or the other.

I asked about him on another board discussing the Sasha situation, because I'd never heard of him. Bix replied to me: "Reporter for DAZN. Better known long term for MMA reporting but has a good track record with his AEW reporting. And DAZN is a distributor of AEW content in some countries, so there's also that wrinkle."