Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's coming back to inject his creation with a LETHAL DOSE OF POISON.

In all seriousness, if Vince returned and WWE stock tanked as a result, he and the board would be facing a ton of shareholder lawsuits. It's entirely possible that claiming he wants to negotiate a sale is just a ploy to artificially juice the stock price so then he can say Wall Street wants him back in charge.

What's so great about this is that I will readily admit that I don't fully understand the actual financial and stockholder aspects of this. But like my previous post alluded to, I could say the exact same thing about the Waystar mergers and powerplays that go on in Succession

For any other company, knowing these details and actually understanding the legality and logistics of what Vince is doing would absolutely matter...but like watching Succession, it is inessential when we're talking about a company like the WWE and a man like Vince McMahon. This carny MFer doesn't give a single shit about the SEC, what stockholders or Wall Street have to say about it, or even what this means regarding his relationships with his own daughter and son-in-law, arguably the two people who have been his most devoted acolytes in his entire life. And threatening not to approve any TV rights deals? Talk about the nuclear option.

It's also a bonkers threat to make when, if I'm not mistaken, a week ago the company got praised in a big article on Deadline about how they were one of the best-performing media companies in the US in 2022 and had brilliantly navigated a transfer of power into a remarkable level of stability. 

Time to bring back the Pink Slip on a Pole gimmick! Vince gonna be firing (and re-firing) everybody. 

I don't see how this is anything other than awful news for people under the WWE umbrella. Getting Vince gone was a good thing, morale seemed to be up, Triple H seemed to be doing a fine job & had a lot of goodwill & now... *fart*

2 hours ago, Coffey said:

Time to bring back the Pink Slip on a Pole gimmick! Vince gonna be firing (and re-firing) everybody. 

I don't see how this is anything other than awful news for people under the WWE umbrella. Getting Vince gone was a good thing, morale seemed to be up, Triple H seemed to be doing a fine job & had a lot of goodwill & now... *fart*

It’s terrible for WWE and for the industry as a whole, but in terms of the meta-narrative of Vince’s utterly bizarre psyche, there is a darkly comic element to the image of him stewing in his house for eight months and deciding that this was the course he wanted to take.

And, of interest to all the historians out there, this is what the general public reads of course, I believe from the AP

"

When he purchased what was then the World Wrestling Federation from his father in 1982, wrestling matches took place at small venues and appeared on local cable channels.

WWE matches are now held in professional sports stadiums and the company has a sizeable overseas following."