Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"In the pool of potential buyers" could mean literally anyone in the world. I'm sure they'll inquire about the asking price just like Vince did when WCW first went up for sale, because that's just what you do when your top competitor goes up for sale.

However, it would be incredible for Black Monday when Tony Khan opens up Raw, simulcast on TNT, saying he now owns WCW WWE.

While everyone else is burning their SRS and Dave effigies, it should be pointed out that it seems pretty clear someone inside the company wanted the word out that a deal was imminent. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Steph to be honest, since Axios already did a story on how her and Hunter were against Vince coming back. 

The Khans buying WWE would be hilarious for so many reasons. 

But hopefully it doesn't happen, because the last thing pro-wrestling needs is a one-headed monster like WWE has always tried (and still does) to be. 

I would still probably die laughing though, Schadenfreude notwithstanding.

Whatever happens, I don't think any of this is any good for good ol' Paul though. 

7 hours ago, sek69 said:

While everyone else is burning their SRS and Dave effigies, it should be pointed out that it seems pretty clear someone inside the company wanted the word out that a deal was imminent. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Steph to be honest, since Axios already did a story on how her and Hunter were against Vince coming back. 

It seems likely to me that the rumor came from the Wall Street side of things tbh, someone who heard something from someone, that kind of thing. 

8 hours ago, El-P said:

Whatever happens, I don't think any of this is any good for good ol' Paul though. 

I would not be so sure. Any buyer would want to keep some of the wrestling people that are already in power, at least for the beginning. Or would you expect Jim Herd 2.0? Probably the sooner the sale happens the better for Uncle Trip (before he gets demoted to watchman of Titan Tower).

18 minutes ago, Robert S said:

Probably the sooner the sale happens the better for Uncle Trip (before he gets demoted to watchman of Titan Tower).

Except Vince is gonna sell to whomever allows him to get back in power. That's absolutely why he came back too.

And yeah, Jim Heard 2.0 eventually happening anyway. 

35 minutes ago, El-P said:

Except Vince is gonna sell to whomever allows him to get back in power. That's absolutely why he came back too.

Everybody keeps saying this but the only realistic way that happens is with a Saudi buyer, but that’s going to cut out a realistic TV deal. 

Meanwhile, if Vince is trying to get the best TV deal to get the optimal price, if it’s with Comcast or even Fox to an extent, you will not have either of those entities give Vince that power again because of the blowback of the sex scandal allegations. Publicly traded companies taking that on would open too many litigation opportunities.

The Endeavor stuff is the wild card; we’re seeing how they’re dealing with Dana’s scandal, which is not saying a thing, and what people AREN’T bringing up is they are probably doing that because they want to purchase WWE, where they’d have to be similarly tight lipped. 

There are way too many contradictions for everyone to see worst case scenario, here. It’s going to be somewhere in the middle, and I would not be surprised if the Dana fallout or lack thereof sheds light on their attempt to buy the company. Especially as a majority stakeholder, which would allow Vince probably power on the board while collecting the fat stock-option related check. 

Based on what Fightful reported, Triple H reassured everyone that nothing is gonna change for the creative team and process (gee, where did we hear this before?) and that Vince is only back to spearhead the sale process. Triple H did say that right now, while he & Vince have conversations about creative, Vince defers to him for the final say.

So, how long can we buy that?