Pro Wrestling Only

The Jim Ross Is A Grouchy Hateful Vile Human Being thread

Loss

His family bred dogs. Young Jim lets a dog of a different breed in, resulting in interbred dogs, and, as punishment, "to teach him a life lesson", his dad makes him kill the puppies. It'd be a great scene in a southern gothic novel; less so as a public speaking memoir.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was actually INBRED puppies. The male dog mated with his sister...or his mother. I forget which.

Yeah. And they were poor and his Dad was counting on selling the purebred pups. Jim forgot to latch the door and the inbreeding happened.

I know the story freaks out a lot of people, who have been all "His Dad was a monster!" but that's just how shit was done back then.

It was actually INBRED puppies. The male dog mated with his sister...or his mother. I forget which.

The only humorous thing about the story was that Dave noted that two brothers bred with each other in the Observer in what was, quite clearly, a typo. People have also neglected to mention that he killed these puppies with a hammer, which makes the entire thing even worse.

The idea Vince hates JR or doesn't respect him is the kind of silly stuff you guys should see right through. The guy was a senior executive who helped run the WWE for a decade.

Yeah this seems pretty mutual, at the moment. The WWE's twitter machine and JR's twitter have remained totally complimentary of each other and it seems like JR is still involved in some hype for them going forward. WWE shop is still shilling JR BBQ stuff, I think, and they aren't in the habit of shilling merch for people they are burying on the way out. If WWE wanted to sink him or put him down they wouldn't post derogatory stuff, but they wouldn't mention him so much either they'd just ignore him. So this really just seems like a "JR is getting old and wants to work less" sort of thing.

What I've never figured out is why does Vince seem to have such a boner for humiliating the guy? If he doesn't like Southern rasslin' type guys, why'd he hire him in the first place? It's not like he suddenly turned into an Okie after he joined the company.

Vince hired him the first time around to stick the middle finger to WCW as it enabled him to appear on Jim Ross's WCW sponsored radio show and announce that he had just stolen WCW's top announcer. Second time around was because he was busy with his steroid trial and he desperately needed a fill-in announcer. Third time JR wasn't brought back to be an announcer, but to work as Vince's assistant on the creative team and he had to work his way from the bottom up as an announcer. Really, if the Montreal screwjob hadn't have happened and the Mr. McMahon character hadn't been created, the best Good Ol' JR could have aspired to would have been being the third man in the booth to call the moves Vince didn't know and discuss the amateur sports backgrounds of all his cartoon characters.

The idea Vince hates JR or doesn't respect him is the kind of silly stuff you guys should see right through. The guy was a senior executive who helped run the WWE for a decade.

I think Vince just likes picking on people. Especially someone like Ross who became a glutton for punishment.

What I've never figured out is why does Vince seem to have such a boner for humiliating the guy? If he doesn't like Southern rasslin' type guys, why'd he hire him in the first place? It's not like he suddenly turned into an Okie after he joined the company.

Vince hired him the first time around to stick the middle finger to WCW as it enabled him to appear on Jim Ross's WCW sponsored radio show and announce that he had just stolen WCW's top announcer. Second time around was because he was busy with his steroid trial and he desperately needed a fill-in announcer. Third time JR wasn't brought back to be an announcer, but to work as Vince's assistant on the creative team and he had to work his way from the bottom up as an announcer. Really, if the Montreal screwjob hadn't have happened and the Mr. McMahon character hadn't been created, the best Good Ol' JR could have aspired to would have been being the third man in the booth to call the moves Vince didn't know and discuss the amateur sports backgrounds of all his cartoon characters.

You are leaving out the part where J.R. becomes the third most powerful person in wrestling and serves as a key cog in the WWE machine.

I know the story freaks out a lot of people, who have been all "His Dad was a monster!" but that's just how shit was done back then.

I enjoy that there is literally nothing related to wrestling that you won't defend! Well, maybe not Kevin Nash. But most anything. What was your rationale for Benoit?

Hey, eat a dick.

I'm not defending Ross's Dad because of wrestling. I'm not even defending it. I was just explaining that it wasn't as insane as it came off to a lot of people. You have a poor farming family in that part of the country at that time with a side business that got fucked because of a kid's negligence. And the hard ass Dad teaches the kid a lesson in a rough, rough way. This isn't some isolated incident of crazy.

And, Kevin Nash has entertained me for most of his career.

And Benoit was one of my favorite wrestlers. Right up until he became a fucking murderer who should be wiped from history.

So go fuck yourself, you self important, pasty faced, Jim Norton look-alike. :)

You are leaving out the part where J.R. becomes the third most powerful person in wrestling and serves as a key cog in the WWE machine.

So did JJ Dillon. The difference is JJ left when the relationship became frayed and Vince started to mess him around.